English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - General

Old 30 December 2017, 02:20   #21
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
@DH
I still vouch for him! He is the nicest of blokes.
When I spoke to him on the phone he didn’t mention any significant life events (doesn’t preclude one though). He did say that he has been hugely busy with real life. RichMK, your gear is probably in the safest place that it can be, just frustrating for you that it isn’t with you right now. I have absolute faith that you will get your gear back when Keith returns.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 30 December 2017, 04:58   #22
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

I hope zetro is fine... He always seems to be a trusty and a good guy.
Old 30 December 2017, 10:48   #23
Ian
HIGH FIVE!!

Personally, I don't know how anyone can defend the actions, no matter how much of a good guy he's been in the past.

It's been several months, no matter whats happened, he has had five minutes available at some point to send out an email to those who's kit he's got.

Lack of communication is always the worst option if somethings gone on. Even if it's just a case of saying he's been busy and not had time to look, sure they might be pissed still, but at least they'd know and not be starting threads about the poor service. The longer this thread and others like it, emails and private messages are ignored, the more he looks like a crook, even if that isn't the case.
Old 30 December 2017, 15:32   #24
DH
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Personally, I don't know how anyone can defend the actions, no matter how much of a good guy he's been in the past.

It's been several months, no matter whats happened, he has had five minutes available at some point to send out an email to those who's kit he's got.

Lack of communication is always the worst option if somethings gone on. Even if it's just a case of saying he's been busy and not had time to look, sure they might be pissed still, but at least they'd know and not be starting threads about the poor service. The longer this thread and others like it, emails and private messages are ignored, the more he looks like a crook, even if that isn't the case.
I can also sympathise with what you have said, and it does seem a tad unusual that there hasn't been any comms with regards to this. However, I also know someone who lost a family member quite a few years back and completely went AWOL from the internet for about 18 months. Absolutely no comms whatsoever and when they eventually returned, their reason became apparent and their apologies were wholeheartedly accepted. Their AWOL was simply not because they didn't have time, it was simply because they just didn't want to expose themselves to the internet for reasons we just don't understand.

Obviously Zetr0 is a different case, and what is deemed to be acceptable has obviously passed, hence the reason for this thread. I still say he'll sort this out and be very humble about it too. We'll just have to wait and see and hopefully the outcome will be in everyone's best interests.
AdSense AdSense