English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 27 October 2016, 22:52   #1
warfalcon

Flashtro releases Trainer for RESHOOT AGA incl. Autofire!

[ Show youtube player ]

FLASHTRO Trainer for RESHOOT AGA inclusive autofire function!

Please, be aware: As long as there is no free download for this game provided by the author, the trainer archive contains the trainer files only and not the entire game. You need to be in possession of the complete game in order to use this trainer!

http://www.flashtro.com/index.php?e=page&id=4296

Last edited by warfalcon; 28 October 2016 at 03:41.
Old 28 October 2016, 00:05   #2
DamienD
Banned

Cheers guys; have now successfully updated my .HDF (created from my purchase) with your trainer
Old 28 October 2016, 15:13   #3
buzzybee

@warfalcon: Okay guys, I already told you elsewhere directly, but I think the topic is important enough to mention it twice and also on a more public platform: You changed software code which according to the copyright files included with RESHOOT must not be changed without permission from the author – which is me. You should have asked or at least had me notified personally before distributing such a file - which is illegal by the way.

But since I am aware that some people asked for a autofire option, so be it, as long as you only distribute the mainfile. But please remove the trainer option, since this spoils the fun for everyone and also stands in the way of my plans to open up a highscore website for RESHOOT-pilots pretty soon. Thank you.
Old 28 October 2016, 18:22   #4
warfalcon

As written on Flashtro, we comply with your request to remove the invincibility function and alter the copyright notice accordingly. Cheers.
Old 28 October 2016, 18:47   #5
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by warfalcon View Post
As written on Flashtro, we comply with your request to remove the invincibility function and alter the copyright notice accordingly. Cheers.
This is not how the crack scene is supposed to work.

Last edited by Amiga1992; 28 October 2016 at 18:53.
Old 28 October 2016, 22:41   #6
kriz

Yeah fuck that, its a trainer damnit !! Be glad someone made it, it will make your game more known and actually be in the scene archives forever..
Old 28 October 2016, 23:06   #7
DaveMB
Banana in disk drive eror

delete

Last edited by DaveMB; 29 October 2016 at 01:21.
Old 28 October 2016, 23:42   #8
warfalcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
This is not how the crack scene is supposed to work.
That is actually true. And the reaction by the author was surprising for the Flashtro team tbh, normally all game coders do appreciate a trainer for their games. However, this one did not. We do not want to direct Flashtro into any legal issues and instead of having to remove the files completely we are fine with the agreement of the author to have a castrated version of this trainer online legally. Also we do not want to demotivate any game authors who are still active in the amiga universe.
Old 28 October 2016, 23:43   #9
Overflow

The online highscore table thingy can be entertaining, so I have no issue with Richards request.

I realise that there might be other trainers out there made just out of spite now, but I would hope you see how a trainer would degrade part of the game...?
Old 29 October 2016, 07:32   #10
buzzybee

@warfalcon: Really appreciate you guys understand and even take care.

Quote:
Also we do not want to demotivate any game authors who are still active in the amiga universe.
Exactly.

I like the scroller and music by the way, and hey – nice work on the trainer too. Will try to make your life a little bit harder next time.
Old 29 October 2016, 09:29   #11
ExiE

The problem of this trainer is obvious. It is better than the game itself
Old 29 October 2016, 13:42   #12
kriz

Hahaha !!!
Old 29 October 2016, 15:05   #13
dirkies
Zone Friend

it's fascinating how internet and forums like this made hackers more ethical, compared with the 80s/90s where we just copied and copied tons of hacked software without any regrets.

I agree with the position of not demotivating the few people left who still invest in the Miggy. But I do hope it will become freeware once the sales drop to zero, so those who do not want to spend 40€ on a game can still get it, albeit muc later than those who paid for it.
But asking to take down (part of) a trainer based on copyright is a bit overkill... just my 2c.
Old 31 October 2016, 03:51   #14
buzzybee

Just a thought: Imagine I was an admin of this board and had the power to alter any postings at will. Would it be okay if I changed dirkies original text ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkies View Post
I agree with the position of not demotivating the few people left who still invest in the Miggy.
to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkies View Post
I agree with the position of demotivating the few people left who love the Miggy.
.. without asking or notyfing the author? No? Same applies for the code of my game. It´s not okay to alter it without asking or at least give notice, be it for copyright reasons or just simply because of respect. Just my two cents.
Old 31 October 2016, 05:23   #15
dirkies
Zone Friend

Apples & oranges...
Game trainers have been around since computer games. Initially with pokes in magazines, later fullblown intros with sometimes crazy amounts of trainer options, none asked for permission beforehand! And none destroyed the game as such, user is free to select what trainer to enable.
I still don't get what's SO upsetting you since no code of the game was distributed, or is a 1-disked or code-fixed release, and is clearly indicated as being done by someone else.
The existence of a trainer will not result in a loss of sales in this case, but rather the opposite.
Old 31 October 2016, 05:51   #16
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

I liked trainers so much back in the days so I overwrite my originals with a trained versions

Perhaps I should put this in this thread instead: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=50617
Old 31 October 2016, 13:36   #17
Cobe

I think flashtro should update trainer and do it in c64 fashion - HiScore or Trainer.
So if trainer is enabled, the code at the end would not be shown.
Old 31 October 2016, 13:52   #18
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobe View Post
I think flashtro should update trainer and do it in c64 fashion - HiScore or Trainer.
Interesting idea.
Old 31 October 2016, 14:13   #19
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobe View Post
This should be already included in the game as a cheatmode, like for example in Turrican II was.
Old 31 October 2016, 18:48   #20
Amiga1992

Quote:
We do not want to direct Flashtro into any legal issues and instead of having to remove the files completely we are fine with the agreement of the author to have a castrated version of this trainer online legally. Also we do not want to demotivate any game authors who are still active in the amiga universe.
Although I appreciate the altruism, maybe then you shouldn't do a "release" at all. As it is it feels pointless. The whole point of the Flashtro version was the trainer. Not having it means that we get... what exactly?

If you don't want to upset a developer, just don't make a release of their game.

I just think that if you are into the morals of this scene (which I am not criticizing) perhaps you are in the wrong "business".