English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 07 September 2016, 14:18   #621
Michael Sykes
WinUAE end user

Wow.
Edit: Not allowed to say more...

Last edited by Michael Sykes; 07 September 2016 at 20:48.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 07 September 2016, 17:50   #622
slaapliedje

Edited because Retrofan is awesome! Unfortunately others not so much.

By the way, when did Amikit start charging for the Android version, which crashes on my Note 7, Note Pro 12.2, etc. Maybe I should try the amikit treal on uae...

Last edited by slaapliedje; 07 September 2016 at 22:15.
Old 07 September 2016, 23:24   #623
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Send a message via Skype™ to Retrofan
Thanks a lot Michael Sykes and Slaapliedje, great mates, for keeping the secret

Slaapliedje yes, you should try AKReal on WinUAE with all of the options -RTG included- it has (also everybody should know by now that I can help by PM or here with whatever). But... well, always when I'm finishing an update I think you better try this and not the former . I'm making/finishing now a loooot of small changes for the Full 870 version. To start, all of the icons in the right places and in the original format. That's the best if your plan is to use RTG emulation using "Better Config" that now will be availabe using MorpheuZ -your Amiga AI friend -.

I'm making all of these small fixings here and there just because I've got the time, and I don't want now to have any hurry, but it will be available sooner than later. The commented add-on won't be surely included in this next update, but it will be as soon as I'm allowed to. I know you understand my position, I always try to give my best for every update.

Edit: 20/Sept: I will wait at least till the end of this month to add an updated version of MUI as I found a couple of bugs with SongPlayer.

Last edited by Retrofan; 21 September 2016 at 01:02.
Old 08 September 2016, 04:30   #624
slaapliedje

Sweet, yeah I was thinking of installing one of the UAE variants on my Android devices and trying AKReal, not sure if anyone has tested that yet.

I need to figure out why my Amiga is in such a terrible state, since my Cyberstorm MK1 bit the dust, and I now have some custom burned roms from Stanchu with the A3640 adapter holding the 68060, I can't seem to get anything beyond the basic OS3.9+BB1-4 running. If I try to add in my Mediator/Radeon/Picasso96, it just doesn't work. Picasso96 doesn't even load, it dies.

I'm wondering if this is because I'm using a slightly older version of the 68060.library file (I believe it was 46.15, and I've seen 46.20 out there somewhere.) Anyhow, I haven't quite gotten the time to work on it since I've been playing around on my Atari Falcon (Yeah, I know, going to the other side...) Hopefully I'll have some more time this weekend, but if you're working on a new release, maybe I'll wait!
Old 29 September 2016, 21:21   #625
bebek

I have installed AKReal on my A600 with VII and it is impresive. All done through WinUae - painless (except BB2 for WB3.9) - all works out of the box including Live Updates. Thank you Retrofan and Tony
Old 29 September 2016, 22:23   #626
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebek View Post
I have installed AKReal on my A600 with VII and it is impresive. All done through WinUae - painless (except BB2 for WB3.9) - all works out of the box including Live Updates. Thank you Retrofan and Tony
Wonderful. So the Vampire still hasn't solved the problems with the BB2?

BTW the next AKReal update and a full install will be soon available I hope. I'm waiting for a bug that MUI had with SongPlayer and that Thore solved with a nightlybuild and very soon there has to be an update of MUI that I've got to try.

Ah... this is a video of the WIP [ Show youtube player ]
Old 30 September 2016, 08:51   #627
bebek

I had a problem with bb2 in winuae. two recoverable alerts after reboot but they went away after numerous reinstallations and swapping cf between amiga and winuae. the only problem i see now that when i use saga i can not see anything in winuae so need to change it before swapping. nothing major.
Old 30 September 2016, 22:38   #628
bebek

Is there a way to boot in "safe mode" in case graphics settings are incorrect? I have done test and test picture was ok but after reboot can't see anything
Old 30 September 2016, 23:05   #629
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

When you've got a problem with the monitor used, the best is to boot without s-s and then type Delete Sys:Prefs/Env-Archive/sys/Screenmode.prefs, then reboot and use Prefs/Screenmode to choose a new screen mode suitable for your monitor.

Last edited by Retrofan; 30 September 2016 at 23:12.
Old 01 October 2016, 00:01   #630
bebek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
When you've got a problem with the monitor used, the best is to boot without s-s and then type Delete Sys:Prefs/Env-Archive/sys/Screenmode.prefs, then reboot and use Prefs/Screenmode to choose a new screen mode suitable for your monitor.
Great, thank you. It was ages ago when I was really working with workbench and back then I did not have hard drive . ClassicWB made me lazy ...
Old 02 October 2016, 19:59   #631
xboxown

Erm...anyways...I have looked at this youtube link here [ Show youtube player ] and would love to have this installed
in my Amiga 500. This is my Amiga's specs. Amiga 500 with Vampire 500 accelerator running at 68060 @ 72 Mhz speed with 128 MB of RAM, HDMI output, RTG with 32 bit color resolution....it is a monster..let us say that. Monster enough that I can watch youtubes or movies just fine on my Amiga 500. However, when I tried installing Amikit real the older version it does not work on Vampire...it does not switch to rtg mode...it uses only ocs/ecs mode.....some other guy faced the same problem and told him forget Amikit and move on to fresh installation. Another problem with Amikit is that it slows down your system performance, etc. So the question I am asking, would this be Vampire friendly installation...using all the Vampire's drivers for the rtg to get it working and will you make it more efficient in terms of performance?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02 October 2016, 20:19   #632
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxown View Post
Erm...anyways...I have looked at this youtube link here [ Show youtube player ] and would love to have this installed
in my Amiga 500. This is my Amiga's specs. Amiga 500 with Vampire 500 accelerator running at 68060 @ 72 Mhz speed with 128 MB of RAM, HDMI output, RTG with 32 bit color resolution....it is a monster..let us say that. Monster enough that I can watch youtubes or movies just fine on my Amiga 500. However, when I tried installing Amikit real the older version it does not work on Vampire...it does not switch to rtg mode...it uses only ocs/ecs mode.....some other guy faced the same problem and told him forget Amikit and move on to fresh installation. Another problem with Amikit is that it slows down your system performance, etc. So the question I am asking, would this be Vampire friendly installation...using all the Vampire's drivers for the rtg to get it working and will you make it more efficient in terms of performance?

Thanks in advance.

Hi xboxown. Well, if you want more performance you can use lighter icons or use copper instead of wallpapers or images (it's one of the options with MorpheuZ). I've got a pack of 16 colors (well, 16+16) Ken's icons in the site, but I believe it has to be the Vampire the one to be fast enough to run it.

Well, if you want AKReal really fast you can of course install MagicWB (8 color icons), but then you lose a lot of the beauty.

About an AKReal with Vampire friendly installation that's one of the things I want to make badly. But I don't have a Vampire 1200 V2 and there isn't WinUAE emulation, so?

As long as I've got one I will implement the changes it may need so using my Better Config script and clicking an icon it could be ready to work with it.

Another thing: you say you can't run it but with ocs/ecs, but I've seen it running on RTG and photos and so with the Vampire 600 V2, and I've got posts like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebek View Post
So I can't tell if it works or not or how to make it work till I've got a Vampire for my A1200.

Edit: BTW, how do you have a Vampire 500? Are you working with Kipper or betatesting or something?

Last edited by Retrofan; 04 October 2016 at 00:49.
Old 02 October 2016, 22:44   #633
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Just to tell that the update of AKReal 8.7 will need at least 119MB free in the AmiKit partition, so at least a partition of 960Mb. Do not make it with a few MBs more, make it large enough.
Old 03 October 2016, 02:15   #634
xboxown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Hi xboxown. Well, if you want more performance you can use lighter icons or use copper instead of wallpapers or images (it's one of the options with MorpheuZ). I've got a pack of 32 colors (16+16) Ken's icons in the site, but I believe it has to be the Vampire the one to be fast enought to run it.

Well, if you want AKReal really fast you can of course install MagicWB (8 color icons), but then you lose a lot of the beauty.

About an AKReal with Vampire friendly installation that's one of the things I want to make badly. But I don't have a Vampire 1200 V2 and there isn't WinUAE emulation, so?

As long as I've got one I will implement the changes it may need so using my Better Config script and clicking an icon it could be ready to work with it.

Another thing: you say you can't run it but with ocs/ecs, but I've seen it running on RTG and photos and so with the Vampire 600 V2, and I've got posts like this:

So I can't tell if it works or not or how to make it work till I've got a Vampire for my A1200.

Edit: BTW, how do you have a Vampire 500? Are you working with Kipper or betatesting or something?
You should get the v600 1st and make it work on the vampire 600 before the v1200. V1200 is way superior in all regards over the v600/v500 and if you make your suite work on v1200 you alienated the Amiga 500/600/2000/1000 users all together because our Vampire cannot match bar with your Vampire 1200 when it get released. But if you make it optimized to run on Vampire 600/500 respectively then when you port it to Vampire 1200 it's performance will shine like no tomorrow and you would have gotten all the audience in one shot. You know what I mean?

As for partition size? Don't worry when you have the AmiKit Vampire friendly and ready and optimized I will make sure there is a total of 2 GB System partition ready. It should be more than sufficient to have it ready or worse...I will make it 4 GB SYS partition with future updates maybe coming.

As for how I got my hand on Vampire 500...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah..... that is a long story...I uh.... better not ...ah fiddle long story Real long. Why not just preorder Vampire 600 now and by the time you get it...you can work on the v500/v600 users and then get the v1200 and make a version of the amikit real for the v1200 users to shine and superior and better over said v500/v600 for example with more bells and whistles.

You know what I mean?
Old 03 October 2016, 18:43   #635
bebek

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxown View Post
You should get the v600 1st and make it work on the vampire 600 before the v1200. V1200 is way superior in all regards over the v600/v500 and if you make your suite work on v1200 you alienated the Amiga 500/600/2000/1000 users all together because our Vampire cannot match bar with your Vampire 1200 when it get released. But if you make it optimized to run on Vampire 600/500 respectively then when you port it to Vampire 1200 it's performance will shine like no tomorrow and you would have gotten all the audience in one shot. You know what I mean?

As for partition size? Don't worry when you have the AmiKit Vampire friendly and ready and optimized I will make sure there is a total of 2 GB System partition ready. It should be more than sufficient to have it ready or worse...I will make it 4 GB SYS partition with future updates maybe coming.

As for how I got my hand on Vampire 500...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah..... that is a long story...I uh.... better not ...ah fiddle long story Real long. Why not just preorder Vampire 600 now and by the time you get it...you can work on the v500/v600 users and then get the v1200 and make a version of the amikit real for the v1200 users to shine and superior and better over said v500/v600 for example with more bells and whistles.

You know what I mean?
Somebody is showing off a bit .Retrofan does not have to buy Vampire as AKREAL works perfect as it is. You are exaggerate Vampire a little here. At the end of the day it is a CPU card with RTG and what it delivers is more speed. It takes workbench on A600 to different level but that is all. I have checked and Super Frog is not faster on Vampire that 68000 VII cards will have to be compatible with the software that exists not other way around as without this software it would be just a piece of useless electronic - regardless if it is V1200 or V4000 etc. Thanks to Vampire team though, this card is very compatible and I had no problems with setting it up with current AKReal and it was the first time I had installed 3.9 system .
Old 04 October 2016, 01:21   #636
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Well, if someone wants to send me as a gift an A600 and a Vampire VII I will gladly make an option in AKReal to directly use it, but of course I can not make the Vampire to use what can't run yet.
Old 04 October 2016, 20:43   #637
arti

Hi Retrofan,

I got AmiKitReal working on Vampire 500.

I had to comment some lines in S-S and it worked out of the box.

Also I had to switch to MUI 3.8 'cos 4.0 hanged on file requester.

Here is video of playing youtube on NetSurf on AKReal 8.6:

[ Show youtube player ]

Thanks, for working on it.
Old 04 October 2016, 21:19   #638
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Amazing. Thanks YOU for porting NetSurf. I hadn't seen how it plays Youtube videos, and this is awesome for an A500.

I will update it in this next update and I will change the OpenURL prefs to use the no FPU version as default. I hope it will work as well as that, but of course you can always change those prefs.

Oh, I almost forget to tell that it is very important that you comment whatever problem with MUI4 to the MUI page... or with MUI5, as this will be the one used in this next update .

Two weeks ago I found a problem with MUI4/5 and SongPlayer and Thore solved it the next day...

Last edited by Retrofan; 04 October 2016 at 21:36.
Old 04 October 2016, 21:37   #639
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arti View Post
[ Show youtube player ]

Nice I have to try it on AFA OS, you tell me that Player you used and where can I find it?
I still with AFA OS and FFPlay preset on NetSurf i can see good videos on Youtube, only drawback the GUI too big of FFPlay.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 04 October 2016, 22:20   #640
arti

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
Nice I have to try it on AFA OS, you tell me that Player you used and where can I find it?
I still with AFA OS and FFPlay preset on NetSurf i can see good videos on Youtube, only drawback the GUI too big of FFPlay.
This video has been converted online and played with Riva-0.50 player.
Playing mp4 with FFplay would be too slow.

FFplay gui will be removed in next version.
AdSense AdSense