English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 06 January 2011, 14:06   #1
trydowave

Shadow Fighter Speed cheat?

Hi all.. I have shadow fighter CD32 and ECS versions.

I have tried typing in the code whilst pausing the game for the speed boost cheat to make it go from 25fps to 50fps.

According to HOL it might work on the ECS version too? Anyway. I've done it and I can't see a blind bit of difference on either one. They both still look like they’re running at 25fps with the code activated or deactivated. Backgrounds looks smoother than character movements, but maybe that’s the way the game is made.

Anyway. Am I doing it correctly?
The code is CUNIGGHIUACCURRENNU
Can u type the code on the CD32 version in winuae and have the same effect as the normal AGA version. (Other codes worked)

Any insights would be great.
Cheers
Tony

Last edited by trydowave; 06 January 2011 at 14:07. Reason: font problems
Old 06 January 2011, 14:39   #2
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

Maybe the code doesn't work?
Old 07 January 2011, 01:34   #3
Abaddon

I tested the on the AGA version and all codes work. I tested it on the ECS version and all but the speed up (CUNIGGHIUACCURRENNU) and slow down work. I haven't had a chance to test it on the CD32 version. Will test it later tonight.
Old 07 January 2011, 16:20   #4
mazxim

..oh well, I didn't check any of these cheats, but I'm having a look around the other ones and I recognize actually some meaning into these shit.. 'cause they are sicilian catch phrases! :-) while the original Naps Team 2 developers were sicilians (actually the Naps Team still exist as a software house for other platforms)

(speed up) CUNIGGHIOACCURRENNU = it would be like "bunny rabbit go faster" despite I did not remember the "rabbit" element so far in the game (maybe the pupazz?). It might be also a translitteration of "curricchiuaccurrenu" so that would be a more generic "go faster"

about the others:

(win the round) EBBRAVUSCECCU = "you good mule" - so if you feel like a stubborn and ignorant 'sceccu'.. that's so sarcastic!
(infinite credits) TIRIKAKKU = more or less 'chicken out - you draw back'
(play as shadow) MBARIVIDISOCCAFFARIMBARI = such a quick tongue twister, it would be like "man, see what you gonna do, man", perhaps 'mbare' used as "dude/man" it's very common around the east cost, Catania interland.
(play as pupazz ebett) PARAPONZIPONZIPO = it refer to a part of several popular refrains, well know around south Italy..

Last edited by mazxim; 08 January 2011 at 16:00.
Old 07 January 2011, 23:20   #5
trydowave

Well... i dont know what im doing wrong, but i couldnt get any of those cheats to work.
I'm on the CD32 version (Winuae 2.30).

Do they have to be typed in fast? Do u need to press enter after.

Its so stupid that they make a performance boost on the AGA and CD32 versions a CODE! it should be implemented anyway.

These kind of stupid decisions (like not having a 2btn option in 99.9 percent of games etc) are what annoyed me the most about the Amiga.

Anyway... any further help would be great.

Cheers again.
Old 08 January 2011, 09:53   #6
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

I found these, looks like you press the cd32 pad buttons------

Cheat: Cheat List

Enter the following codes at the designated time for the desired effect:
# GREEN, YELLOW, GREEN, YELLOW, GREEN, YELLOW, BLUE, YELLOW, BLUE, YELLOW, BLUE, YELLOW, GREEN (Enter at pause menu) - Complete the current round
# GREEN, YELLOW, BLUE, GREEN, YELLOW, BLUE (Enter at main menu) - Play as PoPazz
# BLUE, YELLOW, GREEN, BLUE, YELLOW, GREEN, BLUE, YELLOW, GREEN, BLUE, YELLOW, GREEN (Enter at main menu) - Play as Shadow Fighter
# BLUE, YELLOW, BLUE, YELLOW, BLUE, YELLOW, BLUE, YELLOW, GREEN (Enter at main menu) - Unlimited Credits

no speed cheat though.......
Old 09 January 2011, 16:06   #7
trydowave

Can anyone confirm if the typed in codes work on the CD32 version? I'm only interested in the speed cheat and it isnt included in the CD32 button codes.
I've had no luck inputting any codes of any sort into the ECS, AGA and CD32 versions.

Cheers
Tony