English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 01 April 2003, 16:25   #261
fiath

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom does exist - we spent a week trying to dump it since the disk was so bad... Our one may not be the retail version though (i.e. budget/compilation version) as it was not protected.

As for Gauntlet: perhaps you guys are remembering "Garrison" games? They are pretty much pixel exact rip-offs of the arcade.
Old 01 April 2003, 17:41   #262
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally posted by fiath
As for Gauntlet: perhaps you guys are remembering "Garrison" games? They are pretty much pixel exact rip-offs of the arcade.
Yes they were and had a better soundtrack IMO but there was something about the original Gauntlet that attracted me to it as well. Perhaps it was just the voice saying:

"Blue Valkarie"
Old 02 April 2003, 01:37   #263
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Re: Re: Gauntlet

Quote:
Originally posted by Bombjacker
There were a few arcade conversions released by US Gold that never made their way to the Amiga. Gauntlet was one of them and Roadrunner and Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom were the other two. They were made when the ST was at a reasonable price and the Amiga was still not yet aimed at the mass consumer market and except for Marble Madness had very few arcade conversions. Unless someone actually comes up with the goods and uploads a ADF of any of these games I will not be persuaded otherwise. Gauntlet was one my most favourite games from the eighties and remember playing it on my ST and was a little bit peeved that I couldn't get it for the Amiga when I sold my ST and bought an Amiga.
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
That link will take you to that game's entry in HOL...an ST poort so wretched, it doesn't deserve to exist. Actually, in the mid to late 80's when the Amiga first starting gaining a foothold, there was quite a number of arcade conversion on the Amiga, however this was usually trumped by being an ST port (that old chestnut again). Occasionally an Arkanoid would appear that was done right on the Amiga, but then look at the shitty sequel (again, our ST rears its ugly head).

@lord_kelevar
No offense, but if you had any idea of how many people have said the exact same thing as you, only to return back saying they couldn't find it or that they were mistaken and thinking of the <insert system here> version. I'd like to believe you, really I would, but my jaded heart is too mired in the muck of cynicism to even give you an encouraging nod.
Old 02 April 2003, 09:51   #264
lord_kelevar

Angry

I hate to say it but your right.

I though i had it but when i loaded the game it was number 2!!!

Old 12 April 2003, 13:53   #265
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Dennis And Gnasher (1994/Alternative) - Doesn't exist. You must be thinking of the game Dennis released in 1993.

Pole Position (1996/Ascon) - This was never finished / Doesn't exist.

Putty Squad AGA (1994/System 3) - Never Released

PGA European Tour - Course Disk (1994/Electronic Arts/Ocean/The Dome) - Isn't that Disk 2?

Reunion AGA (English) (1993/Grandslam) need disks 6, 7 and 8 - I already have these

Mr. UFO (1996/JIP Soft) AMOS - This is a PD game.
http://uk.aminet.net/pub/aminet/game/misc/MrUFO.readme
http://uk.aminet.net/pub/aminet/game/misc/MrUFO.lha

SWOS - Euro (1996/Sensible Software) reviewed in Amiga Review; Polish? - SWOS EC Edition isn't Rare. There wasn't a seperate polish version of the game to the best of my knowledge.

Super Skidmarks Data Disks (1995/Acid/Guildhall) - These were extra car disks sold as Shareware/PD.

F-16 Fighter Attack (19xx/Digital Integration) - Doesn't exist. It's F16 Combat Pilot

Limbo of the Lost (199x/Rasputin) CD32/AGA, unreleased - Never released

Labyrinth (198x/Lucasfilm Games) - Isn't this a CD32 game?

Quote:
Originally posted by Codetapper
Dizzy - Prince of the Yolkfolk cracked, trained and aga fixed ADF version in the zone.
Could someone re-upload this little gem.

Last edited by Steve; 12 April 2003 at 14:09.
Old 13 April 2003, 00:21   #266
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Dennis and Gnasher - I'm definitely not thinking of the Ocean license of the US movie. Are you absolutely certain the Beano license doesn't exist?
Pole Position - I'll move this to the Does Not Exist list.
Putty Squad AGA - release status is a given, but a version of the game does exist and I seek it (like everybody else!)
PGA European Tour - Course Disk - this was a unique data disk release.
Reunion AGA working disks 6-7-8 - the originally circulated disks of these were corrupted. I don't even recall if working versions of these disks have surfaced, but maybe. I'll look into it.
Mr. UFO - I figured it was probably PD, but I wanted the full version, so cheers for the link!
SWOS - Euro - rare or not, I don't have it. If you do, please post.
Super Skidmarks Data Disks (1995/Acid/Guildhall) - shareware (full versions), freeware, no matter. I seek them. I was, however, under the impression that commercial data disks were released. I'll look into this to confirm.
F-16 Fighter Attack - I don't believe this exists either, which is why it's in the MAY NOT EXIST listing. I'll probably be striking it from that list very soon.
Limbo of the Lost - already stated that it's unreleased; I still seek it.
Labyrinth - you are thinking of Labyrinth Of Time. The Lucasfilm game was added due to someone who says they remember an Amiga version. I, on the other hand, do not believe it exists for the Amiga.
Old 13 April 2003, 01:17   #267
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Twistin'Ghost
Dennis and Gnasher - I'm definitely not thinking of the Ocean license of the US movie. Are you absolutely certain the Beano license doesn't exist?
I'm pretty certain. 90%
I've certainly never heard of it.

Quote:

SWOS - Euro - rare or not, I don't have it. If you do, please post.
It's in the zone.

Quote:

Limbo of the Lost - already stated that it's unreleased; I still seek it.
I saw this previewed in Amiga Format. I don't think it was developed very far and the screenshots were from the PC version. This game DOES NOT exist.

Quote:

Labyrinth - you are thinking of Labyrinth Of Time. The Lucasfilm game was added due to someone who says they remember an Amiga version. I, on the other hand, do not believe it exists for the Amiga.
I'm positive this doesn't exist.
Old 13 April 2003, 04:30   #268
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Dennis & Gnasher
Steve: I'm pretty certain. 90%. I've certainly never heard of it.
TG: See Amiga Force Issue 15, or The One Jan. 94 (Previews sections, both)
I believe this was scheduled to be released in May 1994 on CD32 and probably on floppy, as well. I had other sources of info on this game, but don't remember what they were. I seek it whether it was released or not.

SWOS - Euro
Steve: It's in the zone.
TG: Thanks, daddy-o!

Limbo of the Lost
Steve: This game DOES NOT exist.
TG: Good enough. Unless somebody wants to rebuke this, I will move it to the retired DOES NOT EXIST cell.

Labyrinth
Steve: I'm positive this doesn't exist.
TG: So am I. Does the person who thinks it exists wish to defend this one any further?
Old 13 April 2003, 10:02   #269
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Dennis and Gnasher was previewed in issue 33, page 20 of Amiga Power.

F-16 Fighter Attack was listed in Amiga Power's Every Amiga Game Ever Book - it is clearly a mistake.

Super Skidmarks Data Disks - these were commercial and are here (http://hol.abime.net/?id=2207) - we are looking for the ADFs, as the original disks are protected.
Old 13 April 2003, 11:07   #270
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Thanks Cody...I knew about the commercial data disks, but after reading the above I thought maybe I was confusing them with something else (who could forget that cow?!)

I believe I initially entered Dennis & Gnasher into my database (and ultimately my MIA) after the Amiga Power preview.

I have dropped F-16 into the DNE Dungeon©®.
Old 13 April 2003, 17:49   #271
jmmijo

Quote:
I have dropped F-16 into the DNE Dungeon©®.
TG, you now have a copyrighted and registered trademark hmm
Old 13 April 2003, 18:42   #272
IFW

Quote:
Originally posted by CodyJarrett
Dennis and Gnasher was previewed in issue 33, page 20 of Amiga Power.

F-16 Fighter Attack was listed in Amiga Power's Every Amiga Game Ever Book - it is clearly a mistake.

Super Skidmarks Data Disks - these were commercial and are here (http://hol.abime.net/?id=2207) - we are looking for the ADFs, as the original disks are protected.
...and is being supported for a very long time by now.
If anyone is willing to do the scans - you know the rest...
Old 14 April 2003, 19:17   #273
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Pole Position (1996/Ascon) - This was never finished / Doesn't exist.
Finished but never released according to this thread:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...tion+and+ascon

I think Bernd tried to email one of the authors to get access to the game, but I'm not sure if he got a response or not.
Old 14 April 2003, 19:40   #274
Amiga1992

Hey how up to date is the MIA list? I might try to look for these within some friends' collections.
Old 15 April 2003, 01:11   #275
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by Akira
Hey how up to date is the MIA list? I might try to look for these within some friends' collections.
Pretty damn up-to-date. Just this weekend I updated the Edu titles and had to create a whole separate listing of Found Edu releases. I suspect there may be one or two more edu titles I can trim down from that list later this week, as well. I sporadically go through the list and check it against recent finds, so as best as I can figure all is current. I know there's a few on there that are pending as I have to fiddle with them to be sure they are what I am looking for, but most everything is MIA as hell.

The worst part is that I have a new update to the list that I have to do (yes, even more MIA's to add!) But just looking at the Found lists is highly encouraging...really a whole bunch have surfaced!
Old 20 April 2003, 22:55   #276
Hammy

Send a message via AIM to Hammy
i got a big box of disks and there is a disk labled Scrabble II, i dont know if it is the one you are looking for though..
Old 21 April 2003, 00:18   #277
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammy
i got a big box of disks and there is a disk labled Scrabble II, i dont know if it is the one you are looking for though..
Hmm...any chance of dumping it? That old Courbois stuff can be pretty hard to come by, so if this is it that would rock!
Old 21 April 2003, 22:44   #278
Hammy

Send a message via AIM to Hammy
o.k,

but quite a n00bis question, but how do i dump them
Old 11 May 2003, 22:18   #279
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
Suprally (1990/CP Verlag)
That one is in TOSEC now!
It's named Sub Rally there, that's the same, trust me!

CP Verlag (Verlag is German for 'publishing company') and Double Density developing team have always worked closely together! There are also a decent couple of C64 releases by them!

First one is AlphaFlight trained version (TOSEC).

Second one I found mentioned on Bernd's page:
http://amiga.emucamp.com/scripts/newadditions.pl

@Bernd: if you happen to read this, could you upload your disk too? Thanks!

Third one I've just dumped! Rare NON-TOSEC AMIGO compilation disk with Crazy Sue (Part 1) and Sub Rall(e)y is now in the zone - enjoy!
Old 12 May 2003, 03:55   #280
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammy
o.k,

but quite a n00bis question, but how do i dump them
There's several options depending on your situation. Have a look at the Amiga Guides, Tutorials, FAQ & Programs and see if an option there exists for your setup. If not, respond here with whatever barrier you are having and I'm sure we can work it out for you.

Oh, and TIA!