English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 23 August 2014, 20:27   #1
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Rainboot 3.2

Just to tell that the keyfile for the 3.2 version that was released free time ago:

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55591

is here: http://web.archive.org/web/201106180...wn_legacy.html with the complete 3.2 version.

just to find it easily if you have to like I've had to.

BTW if someone wants to make a Rainboot config for AmiKit Real I will be glad to try it .

Last edited by Retrofan; 26 August 2014 at 14:57.
Old 26 August 2014, 12:21   #2
crazyc

I have the 3.2 lha from following your links, but it throws an error when installing on my system. Does anyone have a fully working one (or perhaps its my system).

I am also looking for the config that creates this screen:

Cheers
C.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Start.png
Views:	468
Size:	476.7 KB
ID:	41229  
Old 26 August 2014, 14:53   #3
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

It works on my system. Maybe it's the config that you are trying, as some crash. BTW I've seen the installer of the 3.2 version doesn't work as it complains about Rainboot3.info (it seems it has a "/" typo). I've fixed it (attached only the file of the installer).

Also to use the keyfiles you have to put the BOA.library in libs and the Rainboot.keyfile in Devs.

I haven't seen that config, where did you get that image? You can try searching by images on Google.

Edit: And I've seen the lines it puts on the s-s are too "up" and it wasn't running, but it runs putting them after the assigns in my s-s. I've deleted the assigns of it as now they were repeated and just left the rainboot command.

There are some configs to try here: http://gilles.mathevet.free.fr/tradu...inconfigs.html and also here http://aminet.net/search?query=rainboot, but now I believe to remember that some need to be edited to use Rainboot3 instead of Rainboot or Rainboot2 Edit: Yes, AstronomieBoot for example works just editing it to use Rainboot3 instead of "Rainboot2", and it runs clicking on the icon of astroBoot.eng
Attached Files
File Type: zip InstallRainboot3.2.zip (6.3 KB, 190 views)

Last edited by Retrofan; 01 September 2014 at 23:56.
Old 26 August 2014, 16:15   #4
crazyc

Thank you for that - hopefully that will fix it - I am sure that was the error I had with the installer.

I came across that pic here: http://www.serious-dial.atari.pl/winuae.html

I will see if I get a chance to give it a go tonight.

Thanks

C.
Old 26 August 2014, 17:05   #5
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

There is a Rainboot Configuration Creator to make it if you don't find the config, but it's for sale it seems http://airsoft.apc-tcp.de/index-en.php

I don't remember if I ever ordered it, as I remember trying to make a configuration time ago.

Edit: It's also here http://www.amigashop.org/product_inf...3p447pb0a08qp7

Edit: The Rainboot Configuration Creator (RCC) is included in the free 3.2 version of Rainboot.

Last edited by Retrofan; 28 August 2014 at 13:45.
Old 26 August 2014, 17:16   #6
crazyc

Well I may have found something that will do me fine, but need to get Rainboot up and running first to try it out.

I will feedback here once its done (if at all).
Cheers again.
Old 26 August 2014, 22:29   #7
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Now I remember that I didn't have the Rainboot Configuration Creator, but it was easy to modify some of the existings. This is the one I made with the OS3.5 config .
Attached Files
File Type: lzx AmiKitRainboot.lzx (123.6 KB, 142 views)
Old 27 August 2014, 09:08   #8
crazyc

I think the rcc is in the 3.2 package.
I have it working and need to play around with resolutions to get what I want but assigns were a little issue as well as you had said.
Old 28 August 2014, 18:05   #9
crazyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Edit: Yes, AstronomieBoot for example works just editing it to use Rainboot3 instead of "Rainboot2", and it runs clicking on the icon of astroBoot.eng
I am struggling to see where to edit some of these to change it from 2 to 3?
Old 28 August 2014, 18:37   #10
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Tell me what and I'll try, that's easy. I've been struggling how to avoid the small boingbag animation on the OS35 config, as that's the one that was used for the config you like. I've made the background image but I would need to avoid that animation, and I can't editing the config or with the RCC program. If someone knows..

Last edited by Retrofan; 29 August 2014 at 02:06.
Old 28 August 2014, 21:22   #11
emufan

I did not test it: if rainboot3 sits in folder c: you could just make a copy of rainboot3 and rename it to rainboot2. put it also in folder c:

*oh* anyone already made this suggestion?
Old 28 August 2014, 21:49   #12
crazyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Tell me what and I'll try, that's easy. I've been struggling how to avoid the small boingbag animation on the OS35 config, as that's the one that was used for the config you like. I've made the background image but I would need to avoid that animation, and I can't editing the config or with the RAC program. If someone knows..
Oh, what I am really after is the OS3.5 sounds and animation but with the background I showed, if it all lines up.
Old 28 August 2014, 22:33   #13
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

emufan that's a great suggestion (like always).

cracyc I made the background, but I believe it can be improved, so better not to upload it. Anyway the problem is that the OS3.5 config uses an animation that needs a white background (and not just where the ball spins, it has to be all the background, just like in the AmiKitRainboot config I've uploaded), and if not it looks bad. If you can get the OS3.5 config to work without that animation I will make the image that fits. If you see, your image of the config doesn't have that small spinning boingball either.

It seems very difficult to make a new configuration. Read (don't miss) this:

"...
DAD: Many people think that it is quite complicated to configure Rainboot. Why did you decide not to write a comfortable configuration editor as it is usual for such programs? What is your advice for those who have problems configuring it?

AF: Unfortunately I started to code the RCC, Rainboot Configuration Creator, but I started it the totally wrong way. It's now a big fat program with a lots of bugs and I'm afraid of looking in the sources because it's so messy. If I had started it in a modular way everything would be so easy now, so I'm kind of disappointed of myself. I would really start to reprogram the whole program but the lack of support prevents me from doing so. I hardly get any registration for Rainboot and cracked versions are all around. I even get no bug report at all, for example the Rainboot 3.0 on Aminet has a real serious bug in it which noone has discovered yet, although you will discover it if you use the program. So what tells this to me? It tells to me: man, noone is using your program so why put any further effort in it? I would really like to expand Rainboot very much if I would get only a bit of support from the users. And that doesn't mean that I want registrations! Of course I also want them, but if you don't want to register, send me at least a mail and state: "Yeah, I'm using your program....keep it updated" or so. Another thing that gets onto my nerves is that some people are always critizing Rainboot and writing wrong stuff about it. Some are too stupid to get it running properly and then just write: "The shit does not work. Smash it away." For example in a German news magazine (AMIGA aktuell) my CD-ROM was reviewed and the person who wrote the test was shouting: Rainboot does not work on my high super duper Amiga, it was written for low-end Amigas and will only run properly there. It does not run on graphics boards either. Well, nearly every user runs Rainboot on graphics boards and so I know it runs although I haven't got of such a setup. So I contacted that person and wanted to help him to get Rainboot running. I asked him for a bug report now more then four times over a period of two months and he keeps saying: "I will send it later, no time bla bla bla". Well, he doesn't seem to be interested in this at all but he wrote that Rainboot does not run properly. He also wrote that "he wouldn't mind me coming to him and seeing what's wrong there". Bad humor that is, he doesn't help me in any way and I'm really willing to help him!
"

Edit: It's difficult, but I've got already a new config for AKReal from scratch this time with RCC that I hope to show soon (well, now that I've started I want to explore some of the possibilities), and also it's nice to try to make it if you like to work with images, add music, effects and related .

Last edited by Retrofan; 29 August 2014 at 02:34.
Old 29 August 2014, 14:09   #14
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

So this is the Rainboot config I've made with RCC. It looks the same than ShowAmiga96 booting in the AmiKit for Pc.

Store the Rainboot drawer attached inside AmiKit:Utilities and change the s-s to point to the config inside.

... And tell me what do you think

Edit: Config edited. Also this config will be improved in my next AK Real 1.1 Update.
Attached Files
File Type: lzx Rainboot_AmiKitConfig.lzx (436.3 KB, 110 views)

Last edited by Retrofan; 02 September 2014 at 00:00.
Old 29 August 2014, 20:33   #15
crazyc

Looks good!
Could you use your loading bar or anything equivalent over the custom background you mentioned that looked like what I was talking about?

If you could let me have that background I could try and play around as well.

Cheers
C
Old 29 August 2014, 20:42   #16
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Thanks. Now that I've seen a little how it works I will try to modify the OS3.5 to have your config.

Edit: Done. The thing is that the original, just like this has an screen too small for me. It would be much better 800x600.

Edit: I will try to make another as the image isn't good, but I don't know where to get the original wallpaper, and the image is bad because I had to transform it from iff to png first.

So I can't get a better picture if someone doesn't give me a png one.
Attached Files
File Type: lzx OS39Config.lzx (248.5 KB, 106 views)

Last edited by Retrofan; 29 August 2014 at 23:06.
Old 29 August 2014, 20:55   #17
crazyc

Cheers

I think I will also have to delve back into screen prefs and indy mk2 configs soon as part of all this.....
Old 29 August 2014, 22:10   #18
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Yes, and SuperPlus for example (my config) doesn't like booting screens and it lets them off centered. You can try with HighGFX 800x600 and my config with the indi.

Ah, I've edited my previous post
Old 30 August 2014, 00:11   #19
crazyc

Looking good mate. I am just trying to run it via my start-up but the wife insists I be sociable so haven't quite finished amending the filepaths as I am using cwb not amikit.
Old 30 August 2014, 00:38   #20
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

If you can find the wallpaper in png I can make it better