English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 29 September 2008, 02:15   #1
capehorn

Help with Rock'n'Roll

I always loved the game Rock'n'Roll when I was a kid. Of course with only two lives there was no way anyone could ever complete all 32 levels without cheating, so the easter egg that allowed you to play all the levels individually was very welcome.

About a month ago I tried to complete all the levels using save states so that I could see the end screen. Managed to get up to level 29, but it seems impossible. Right from the start the arrows force you off into the abyss. Even with 5 parachutes and two spare lives I can't get anwhere on this level! Maybe my mouse is not sensitive enough to control the ball well enough.

Anyway... I thought I'd post a savestate of the level to see if anyone can do better than me. Let me know if I'm missing something obvious!!

Thanks

http://.com/files/149239733/Level29.uss.html

Last edited by capehorn; 29 September 2008 at 02:23.
Old 03 October 2008, 02:12   #2
capehorn

Is no-one MAN enough for the CHALLENGE???

(or did I post on the wrong forum??)
Old 03 October 2008, 12:57   #3
hit

i also enjoyed that game. and never made it to the end; endless hours past away ...
what about a cheat: http://translate.google.com/translat...hl=de&ie=UTF-8

Edit: if i understand the way to enter the code, this should start level 30: 301130301103
xx -> random numbers
C + D + E + F | AB -> not really sure here
==> maybe simple addition. 9+9+9+3 = 30 ==> 301199931103 ?!

Edit2: or "F10 - Next Level"
all not tested.

Last edited by hit; 03 October 2008 at 13:07.
Old 05 October 2008, 00:32   #4
capehorn

yeah, I know about the cheats, I just want to know how to do that actual level!

I suspect it is impossible with an optical mouse (what I have). With an old rollerball mouse it might be easier. Is there a way to control the mouse with the keyboard cursor keys in WinUAE?

By the way, it would be 30xx8886xx03, the middle four digits have to add up to the level number you want to go to.
Old 05 October 2008, 00:54   #5
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

Capehorn, you don't know about RAG???

Recorded Amiga Games.

Here's the longplay to this game on youtube: [ Show youtube player ]

If you want to download it for maybe easier viewing, and full quality, visit www.recordedamigagames.org
Old 05 October 2008, 02:18   #6
capehorn

I did but I never thought to look!!

Good idea!
Old 29 October 2020, 22:15   #7
capehorn

I revisited this game during lockdown and I have finally managed to answer my own question. In the Youtube longplay in post #5 (at 2:48:56) the player had the same problem I was having, you can't control the ball on the arrows and you can only survive by using up parachutes and lives (this requires playing almost perfectly on previous levels to accumulate enough parachutes).

I finally managed to make progress when I used a different version (Rock'n Roll (1991)(Rainbow Arts)[compilation 5th Anniversary].adf). When playing this version, the ball acts differently on the arrows and can be controlled with ease. This might be a bug in certain versions, but it left me wondering if it is actually sneaky copy protection, making a very late level almost impossible to complete.
Old 29 October 2020, 22:55   #8
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by capehorn View Post
I revisited this game during lockdown and I have finally managed to answer my own question. In the Youtube longplay in post #5 (at 2:48:56) the player had the same problem I was having, you can't control the ball on the arrows and you can only survive by using up parachutes and lives (this requires playing almost perfectly on previous levels to accumulate enough parachutes).

I finally managed to make progress when I used a different version (Rock'n Roll (1991)(Rainbow Arts)[compilation 5th Anniversary].adf). When playing this version, the ball acts differently on the arrows and can be controlled with ease. This might be a bug in certain versions, but it left me wondering if it is actually sneaky copy protection, making a very late level almost impossible to complete.
Smells copy protection.....