English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 08 October 2019, 03:33   #1
JPQ

Entering {,[,]},\,|,~ and other such special charers how i can type them in winuae ?

Entering {,[,]},\,|,~ and other such special charers how i can type them in winuae ? many programming languages use them.
Old 08 October 2019, 08:42   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

You probably have wrong AmigaOS side keymap. Check keyboard preferences (or setmap/setkeyboard commands)
Old 08 October 2019, 08:54   #3
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

When everything is setted up correctly, you can use programs as KeyToy (=1.3) & KeyShow (>2.04) to check which key correspond to which character.

I have noticed that some characters are more difficult to input regarding your keymap definition.
Old 08 October 2019, 08:55   #4
JPQ

i dont know if emulator or not adds win95 s keyboard mapping (i never seen this in my real Amiga i think) using it i can get such charters same way what i get them in windows. and i still Å,Ä,Ö in correct postion. in my real amiga keyboard which recased a1200 keyboard has own keys top of numpad where i can get these []{} charters. in english keyboard these are repalced with (). but all is well now. makes much easier code.
Old 08 October 2019, 08:57   #5
JPQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by malko View Post
When everything is setted up correctly, you can use programs as KeyToy (=1.3) & KeyShow (>2.04) to check which key correspond to which character.

problem is how real amiga keys is mapped not virtual amiga settings and one thing what i never seen before even i looked international amiga keyboards they have () numpad but in Swedish/Finish layout we have [] what shift changes to {}. i try get photo my real amiga keyboard when others will see who is mapped.
Old 08 October 2019, 09:04   #6
jlin_au

Depends on your computer hardware and how it is set up as well. From you location I'd assume that you have a Windows PC with a Finnish keyboard attached.

If so, open Notepad, Wordpad, or some other text editor and confirm that you can type all the special characters you want in the standard windows text editor first as you need to be able to type them in unicode from windows first!

Then try the WinUAE keyboard mappings with vanilla Amiga configurations before going to customs ones.
Old 08 October 2019, 09:23   #7
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPQ View Post
problem is how real amiga keys is mapped not virtual amiga settings and one thing what i never seen before even i looked international amiga keyboards they have () numpad but in Swedish/Finish layout we have [] what shift changes to {}. i try get photo my real amiga keyboard when others will see who is mapped.
Problem is that today keyboard don't have the same key placement as Amiga keyboard . It's a shame .
You can tweak WinUAE & FS-UAE (config file) to map your Amiga FI keyboard to some of your today PC keyboard.
Example : similar issue
Old 08 October 2019, 12:31   #8
meynaf
son of 68k

The numpad keys giving []{} are configured for these in French keyboard as well.
Under winuae you can normally access them with start/end keys which don't exist in Amiga keyboards.
As a rule of thumb, if you can't find some key, try the ones that seem meaningless.
Old 08 October 2019, 15:45   #9
JPQ

my keyboard has End key and Home key more than likely one of them is same what help is. and this what i sayed. as is now well but still there is possibility send such photo such keyboard.
Old 08 October 2019, 15:57   #10
JPQ

Indeed modern keyboard are poorer i liked so much when there is easy way type these letters wjhat i talk.
Old 08 October 2019, 16:38   #11
idrougge

Alt-Å, alt-¨, alt-shift-Å
Old 08 October 2019, 21:26   #12
redblade
Zone Friend

I remember the struggle on coding C on WinUAE a bit tricky on a Norwegian windows keyboard, I guess that's why they all use ASM up there in the Nordic territories. The []<>| keys that you mentioned

Any way I'm back on a NZ US Keyboard now
Old 09 October 2019, 11:11   #13
Tomislav

Or you can make new keymap: http://aminet.net/package/util/misc/KME-UPD