English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 25 September 2019, 15:01   #81
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Anubis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Raking Woods...
Age: 47
Posts: 2,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rk3lf View Post
My friend (that had A500), told me once that Mortal Kombat 1 required 1.5 MB Ram.
Is that true? I was always... wtf.. MK2 (larger game), required only 1MB.

IIRC - some games didn't work correctly if you had only 1MB and hard disk addition or too many floppy drives. (anything that requires extra resources)

Colonization from what I remember would play more tune if you had 1.5MB and play from HD vs 1MB and HD.
Anubis is online now  
Old 25 September 2019, 18:37   #82
Solo Kazuki
Registered User
Solo Kazuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Poland
Posts: 648
Only cracked version of MK requires 1.5MB.
Solo Kazuki is offline  
Old 25 September 2019, 20:25   #83
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France
dlfrsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Melun nearby Paris/France
Age: 42
Posts: 8,182
Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo Kazuki View Post
Only cracked version of MK requires 1.5MB.
MK support 2mb of ram if you have them to load more data in memory.

But even the crack runs with 1mb of ram. Why 1.5mb ?
dlfrsilver is offline  
Old 25 September 2019, 21:15   #84
ice8629
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Leeds
Posts: 5
Erm, not being a party pooper but isn't this supposed to be a Final Fight discussion and not a Mortal Kombat one?!
Start a new feed if you wanna keep talking about another fighter game is what I say :-)
Let's keep this all about Final Fight dudes "thumbs up!".
ice8629 is offline  
Old 25 September 2019, 23:15   #85
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Shatterhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Rio de Janeiro / Brazil
Age: 36
Posts: 3,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
MK support 2mb of ram if you have them to load more data in memory.

But even the crack runs with 1mb of ram. Why 1.5mb ?
I remember there was a crack that required two drives. It was either that or you had to count how many times the drive led flash and change disks "on the fly". If you failed to do so the game would crash.
Shatterhand is offline  
Old 26 September 2019, 03:29   #86
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France
dlfrsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Melun nearby Paris/France
Age: 42
Posts: 8,182
Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterhand View Post
I remember there was a crack that required two drives. It was either that or you had to count how many times the drive led flash and change disks "on the fly". If you failed to do so the game would crash.
I had this version, it worked with 1 drive. The problem was that the datas on disks were prone to corrupt themselved because of the way the disks were read. You had to remove the disks between one and the other, and this made the disks fails while with 2 drive, the loading was never interrupted.
dlfrsilver is offline  
Old 26 September 2019, 10:19   #87
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel
gimbal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Spijkenisse/Netherlands
Age: 38
Posts: 3,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice8629 View Post
Erm, not being a party pooper but isn't this supposed to be a Final Fight discussion and not a Mortal Kombat one?!
Start a new feed if you wanna keep talking about another fighter game is what I say :-)
Let's keep this all about Final Fight dudes "thumbs up!".
The best way to get a thread which is sidetracking (which happens a lot) back on the main track is to actually say something about the original topic, otherwise expect a huge ignore.
gimbal is offline  
Old 26 September 2019, 14:01   #88
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Anubis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Raking Woods...
Age: 47
Posts: 2,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
I had this version, it worked with 1 drive. The problem was that the datas on disks were prone to corrupt themselved because of the way the disks were read. You had to remove the disks between one and the other, and this made the disks fails while with 2 drive, the loading was never interrupted.

Interesting, never heard of this back in the day.

I assume crack I used was nothing like that.
Anubis is online now  
Old 26 September 2019, 14:10   #89
d4rk3lf
Registered User

d4rk3lf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Novi Sad, Serbia
Posts: 513
One more case of a "strange crack", is that MK2 cracked version had 4 disks, and original had 3 disks.
I am pretty curious how original version compares with swapping disks to the cracked one.

If I remember, the cracked version had an average of 2 disk swapping per fight.
d4rk3lf is offline  
Old 26 September 2019, 14:32   #90
ice8629
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Leeds
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
The best way to get a thread which is sidetracking (which happens a lot) back on the main track is to actually say something about the original topic, otherwise expect a huge ignore.

Ok well I found this, a SGT review of the C64 Final Fight, for those who thought the Amiga version was unfun and unplayable,...this version steels the show, I've played it and It's one of the most unplayable so called games I've ever experienced!
An utter pile of poop and a sad moment for the C64 simply down to being unplayable.



[ Show youtube player ]
ice8629 is offline  
Old 26 September 2019, 15:50   #91
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Anubis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Raking Woods...
Age: 47
Posts: 2,810
What is with people and word 'shit'??

Some new trend to get attention??

@ice8629 - you should follow your comments with - than I decided to fix FF on C64 and here is my version that works great!!
Anubis is online now  
Old 26 September 2019, 17:52   #92
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel
gimbal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Spijkenisse/Netherlands
Age: 38
Posts: 3,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice8629 View Post
for those who thought the Amiga version was unfun and unplayable,...this version steels the show
For a total overview, Retro Core has nice comparison videos.

[ Show youtube player ]

There are a few... special versions
gimbal is offline  
Old 26 September 2019, 18:00   #93
d4rk3lf
Registered User

d4rk3lf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Novi Sad, Serbia
Posts: 513
Is Richard Aplin coded ST version too?
Look pretty similar to Amiga, and it's even slower.

I remember as a kid, seeing the C64 version, my thoughts on how would I gladly play version with just stick figures drawn, but with proper gameplay.
d4rk3lf is offline  
Old 26 September 2019, 19:16   #94
Master484
Registered User
Master484's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Vaasa, Finland
Posts: 409
Here is a recent interview of Richard Aplin on Xyphoe's Youtube channel:

[ Show youtube player ]

Interview starts at 1:00:56 and Amiga Final Fight is discussed from 1:37:00 onwards.
Master484 is offline  
Old 26 September 2019, 19:41   #95
ice8629
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Leeds
Posts: 5
[QUOTE
@ice8629 - you should follow your comments with - than I decided to fix FF on C64 and here is my version that works great!! [/QUOTE]


Ha not me buddy lol, I'm a player not a programmer, I'm just one of those many poor suckers back in the day that coughed up my paperround money for a game I'd hope to get some joy out of but ended up with summut like this,...and those B***ards at the shop would refuse a refund,...heartbreaking.


Funny how sooooooo many budget games back in the day were far more enjoyable than those games carrying a £7.95 price tag, fat cat publishers grabbing the kids money eh
ice8629 is offline  
Old 26 September 2019, 23:08   #96
S0ulA55a551n
Registered User
S0ulA55a551n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rhondda, Wales
Age: 42
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
For a total overview, Retro Core has nice comparison videos.

[ Show youtube player ]

There are a few... special versions
oh my good god. The music on the ST version just gave me brain issues. They can't be how it sounded ? Was that an emulation issue
S0ulA55a551n is offline  
Old 26 September 2019, 23:37   #97
robinsonb5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norfolk, UK
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rk3lf View Post
my thoughts on how would I gladly play version with just stick figures drawn, but with proper gameplay.

That could actually be a really cool project!
robinsonb5 is offline  
Old 27 September 2019, 04:14   #98
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: los angeles,ca
Posts: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsonb5 View Post
That could actually be a really cool project!
Well there are a lot of animations on stick figures fighting with Kung Fu style, were popular around 2003-2004 in Albino Black Sheep, so why not?
saimon69 is offline  
Old 27 September 2019, 04:17   #99
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: los angeles,ca
Posts: 1,139
I did put up some more Final Fight musics:
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]
saimon69 is offline  
Old 27 September 2019, 07:41   #100
Steril707
Tigerskunk!

Steril707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Amiga Island
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by saimon69 View Post
Well there are a lot of animations on stick figures fighting with Kung Fu style, were popular around 2003-2004 in Albino Black Sheep, so why not?
[ Show youtube player ]

Steril707 is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
soo... what about Final Fight? d4rk3lf Retrogaming General Discussion 100 02 April 2019 13:30
New game vs Final Fight leathered Amiga scene 8 28 April 2013 21:39
Amiga Games You Thought Were Over-rated or Under-rated fishyfish Retrogaming General Discussion 63 08 August 2012 22:55
Final Fight AGA? Amiga Forever Coders. General 15 25 April 2011 16:15
Final Fight Dastardly support.Games 3 02 June 2003 00:16

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 23:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.09694 seconds with 15 queries