English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Amiga Magazine Rack > AMR suggestions and feedback

Old 25 August 2012, 12:44   #1
BarryB
Amigaholic

Any mags that had blank coverdisks?

Just wondering as I've got a bag full of old coverdisks I stored in the cellar (which now have mould/dust etc on the disks) so am in the process of cleaning them all by opening the top half of the disk, taking out the platter and washing/cleaning it then putting it in a 'surrogate' disk case and imaging with Kryoflux.

Anyway, Amiga Format 62b (Detroit Demo) had the same treatment but when put in the surrogate disk case the whole disk is blank according to Kryoflux, not one AmigaDOS track? All the other disks I've done so far have been AmigaDOS and AMR has an ADF of disk 62b which is AmigaDOS, but it appears my Disk 62b isn't Can't believe 'Bit Rot' or mould would destroy the entire disk and also can't believe I've 'washed off' all the data

So does this sound like a genuine 'Blank' coverdisk?
Old 25 August 2012, 13:05   #2
Phantom
Adventurer

Did you try that 'blank' disk into a real Amiga? Were those coverdisks yours from the beginning or maybe someone else just formatted it?

Either way, it can happens sometimes, to get a 'blank' coverdisk, but I believe it's really rare.
Old 25 August 2012, 14:12   #3
BarryB
Amigaholic

Same happens in a real A500, and they were all bought by me back in the day so no reason to format it. Probably just unlucky, wonder if SPS have this disk dumped?
Old 25 August 2012, 14:53   #4
Phantom
Adventurer

So you're looking for Amiga Format 62b (Detroit Demo) coverdisk?
Old 25 August 2012, 15:18   #5
BarryB
Amigaholic

Yep, AMR has it as an ADF which I've downloaded, would prefer a Kryoflux dump if possible though!