English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 27 July 2006, 03:06   #21
sarek2k
E.A.B Addict and Proud

Send a message via MSN to sarek2k
@SpookDigitalMF that was a quick reply and thank god i didn't offend you, would have been a great start eh!

You can buy gamecubes for next to nothing now might be worth a look

BTW i did like TH 3 but it's hard to controll on the old PC
Old 27 July 2006, 03:38   #22
adolescent
Powered by Motorola

I agree. Gun was great, albeit short. One feature I really appreciate is streaming environment (or whatever the PR department called it).

119? Thankfully I live at the beach where it was only 85-90.

BTW, what 3DO games did you work on? I'm quite fond of the old system.
Old 27 July 2006, 04:13   #23
sarek2k
E.A.B Addict and Proud

Send a message via MSN to sarek2k
@adolescent do you remeber a 3d0 game called the horde??? it came out on pc but it was shite dos low res??? i also remeber it comming out for the 3d0 don't suppose if u know it was any good or not?? I don't know what res 3d0 was but on Tv at the time it looked good!

I remeber seeing games such as fifa (probs 95/6 at the time) as well as some american footy games and also a speciall version of Outrun! tell us more m8

seen as they where so expensive at the time! (for Uk buyers anyway)
Old 30 July 2006, 15:06   #24
Hillsy_

Having owned a 3DO I can safely say, the horde was good along with other titles like Wing Commander 3, Space Hulk, Starfighter, Road Rash, Killing time, Return Fire and Samurai Showdown.

On another note:

Gun - Yeah, I agree it was good. The idea was good because it took the cowboy and indian theme further than any other game. The voice acting was very good too, especially the main characters adopted father?? - if I remember correctly.. Also, 'Lance Hendriksen' - Aliens fame, and the voice of the priest...can't remember his name. The idea for gold mining was good, but the scope wasn't realised. You could have done alot more, and thought alot more about the content of the game. What you had was very good, I like the idea of the bounties.. Also, the horse animation was very good. Spook, you did yourself proud. Hope to see a sequel in the future. Oh and finally, the music...excellent. I really liked it, especially the intro on the water boat(Main Theme). Good opening sequence where the boat is boarded and taken over. Sets the scene well..

Anyway, just my thoughts..

Happy gaming and Programming to you all :-)

Oh, and Welcome Yaz and Spook, I nearly forgot to mention this.. Thank god for the edit function..
Old 31 July 2006, 23:46   #25
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Hi you guys! Nice to see you on this humble miggy board
Old 02 August 2006, 10:47   #26
SpookDigitalMF

I didn't work on the 3do machine - I worked there when they did console games for Playstation, Nintendo 64 etc...
Paul

Old 02 August 2006, 20:54   #27
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillsy_
The voice acting was very good too, especially the main characters adopted father?? - if I remember correctly.. Also, 'Lance Hendriksen' - Aliens fame, and the voice of the priest...can't remember his name.

Voice overs performed in gun by none other then:

Lance Henrikson (Bishop from Aliens and Weyland from Alien VS predator), he does the evil bastard Mcgruder.

Ron Perlman (Hellboy, Alien 4, Blade 2, Enemy at the Gates), the coolest voice actor alive. He also does the narration for both Fallout RPG games ("War. War never changes"), among a ton of others. He does the evil bastard Hoodoo.

Brad Dourif, I think best know for doing the voice of Chucky from Childs Play, or Wormtongue from Lord of the Rings. He's the evil bastard priest.

Kris Kristofferson, "whistler" from blade (but I remember him best from the movie Convoy). He's the father. Lately his characters always die :s

It was a real blast picking all of them out without turning to IMDB (only to confirm). It's not hard, they all have very distinct voices that are very easy to pick out. Haven't seen a game with so many voice talents before, next to GTA: San Andreas (also a treat to dissect).
Old 02 August 2006, 23:23   #28
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT

In fact, I think one of your best tunes was wasted on the Digital Party Invite (Feel the Vibes) intro.
I think, Yaz' best tune is the one in Day of Reckoning. The demo is great as well, hello Yaz and Spook.
Old 03 August 2006, 11:57   #29
Hillsy_

Agree Gimbal, very good choice indeed. I was impressed with the voice acting. So it was Brad Dourif..son of a bitch..

I have to admit I like the way he was introduced in the game, very mysterious character, good dialogue/script too.
Old 04 August 2006, 09:30   #30
Yaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay
I think, Yaz' best tune is the one in Day of Reckoning. The demo is great as well, hello Yaz and Spook.
Thx mate would you believe that was actually the quickest tune I ever wrote?! The whole lot was done in about 3 hours whereas something like Magnetic Dreams took weeks to do all the various melodies and changes in it

As an aside, did you know that Barry Leich thieved all my samples from Day Of Reckoning for the Tempest 2000 music on the Jaguar/PSX - he nicked all my bass and breaks samples for it. Not that I'm adverse to borrowing a few myself, but there was a massive hype about the Tempest music and it was virtually a remix of the rave parts in Pandemonium (The DOR tune). They even sold the music on CD!!!

Last edited by Yaz; 04 August 2006 at 09:35.
Old 04 August 2006, 10:27   #31
StarEye
Zone Friend

BTW, is this the same Magnetic Fields that did Lotus and Super Cars on the Amiga, and Mobil 1 Rally and Motorhead on the PS1/PC?

I assume not, but I've never seen a demogroup have the same name as a game developer.
Old 04 August 2006, 12:40   #32
Yaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarEye
BTW, is this the same Magnetic Fields that did Lotus and Super Cars on the Amiga, and Mobil 1 Rally and Motorhead on the PS1/PC?

I assume not, but I've never seen a demogroup have the same name as a game developer.
Nope but we actually had a number of demos out well before the games company borrowed the name
Old 04 August 2006, 15:09   #33
blade002
Zone Friend

Actually i remember seeing a number of Magnetic Fields crack screens on some games back in the very early 90's.. come to think of it its now hit me that i saw one on Paradroid 90 !?. Was that you guys who did the crack for that?.. Am i on the right track? lol
Old 04 August 2006, 21:02   #34
Bazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaz
As an aside, did you know that Barry Leich thieved all my samples from Day >Of Reckoning for the Tempest 2000 music on the Jaguar/PSX - he nicked all >my bass and breaks samples for it. Not that I'm adverse to borrowing a >few myself, but there was a massive hype about the Tempest music and it >was virtually a remix of the rave parts in Pandemonium (The DOR tune). They >even sold the music on CD!!!
What breaks and bass samples exactly are we talking about ?
Got the XM files ?
Barry

Last edited by Paul; 10 August 2006 at 16:33. Reason: fixed quote tag

Old 05 August 2006, 08:50   #35
Yaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry
What breaks and bass samples exactly are we talking about ?
Got the XM files ?
Barry
I'm talking about all the sh-101 samples in the Pandemonium mod which ended up in the Tempest music. The break was sampled from an obscure hardcore record and all the synths I sampled myself from a mate's Roland SH101. The only synth I didn't sample was the one in the riff which starts the tune off (i.e the saw like synth right at the beginning)

When Tempest came out my mate called me direct from the games shop going 'OMG they've completely nicked your tune for the music'.

http://www.scenemusic.net/info.htm?idsong=55650

If they weren't from my mod I'll be very surprised.

Last edited by Paul; 10 August 2006 at 16:35.
Old 06 August 2006, 18:07   #36
BuZz

Send a message via ICQ to BuZz
Tempest 2000 came out a few years after your demo though? Also I don't see barry credited for the music anywhere ?

Btw, you know that bazza is barry leitch right?
Old 06 August 2006, 18:18   #37
BuZz

Send a message via ICQ to BuZz
This is the tune

http://nectarine.dhs.nu//digital/ima... minds eye.mp3 - samples do sound similar
Old 06 August 2006, 18:20   #38
Bazza

The samples sound the same, I cant say for sure..
What I can tell you for sure, is that I had nothing to do with Tempest on the Jaguar...
Probably Howie did that one, I left imagitec in 90 or 91 ish to go to Ocean.. So it was probably Howie, or whoever ID hired after I was gone..
Not to say that I never ripped anyones samples out of a demo, its not like we had a budget for synths in those days, we were lucky if we got a paycheck at the end of the week..

Barry

Old 07 August 2006, 21:50   #39
Yaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuZz
Tempest 2000 came out a few years after your demo though? Also I don't see barry credited for the music anywhere ?

Btw, you know that bazza is barry leitch right?
Yeah I assumed so from his posts

Ah well soz Barry someone definitely told me you'd done the music or I thought i'd seen it on some credits or sommat??

Well the samples were definitely mine either way - like ALL of them