English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

Old 04 October 2016, 15:33   #1
Lemaru

Back once again

Hi All,

Having been an Amiga user through most of the 90's back when I ran my BBS, I have decided to dig my old machines back out to tinker with whilst waiting to eventually get to the front of the queue for a Vampire 2.

Have been a long time lurker of the forums even though the Amiga's were shut away in the loft, so having dug them out I figure I should finally sign up on here.

Running 2x A600's and already cost money buying loads for them. Just added a SUM A600 as after all these years my love for the Amiga keyboard is not what it once was, a Rys MK2 (great piece of kit that is), and been working on adding a PicoPSU to power it. I have actually designed an external case to 3d print for it if anyone wants the files for it.

Good to see the Amiga scene still has a good following, and that there's still hardware being designed for it.

Cheers

Lemaru
Old 05 October 2016, 13:25   #2
SnkBitten
Amithlon Fanatic

Welcome. I wish I had been one of those that tucked their Amiga(s) away, but I had sold all mine not long after Commodore went bankrupt. Just recently picked up an A4000 and A4000T and enjoying Amiga again. It's surprising how these old systems can still create the desire to buy new things/upgrades for them
Old 05 October 2016, 14:27   #3
Stratosplat
Old Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnkBitten View Post
It's surprising how these old systems can still create the desire to buy new things/upgrades for them
Absolutely!

I was given a very low mileage A1200 last week for past services rendered. I'd never even seen one 'in the flesh' before then but the bug bit immediately and it's already been stripped, cleaned, mildly hydrogen peroxided to remove the slight yellowing from the case and keycaps.

I'm currently in the process of modifying an AV-to-HDMI converter for internal installation (no case mutilation involved ) and setting up a 4GB CF-to-IDE adaptor so I can run Classic Workbench direct from 'hard drive'. I just need to source a 4MB RAM expansion from somewhere and I'm good to go.

The level of excitement comes close to 35 years ago when I bought a Sinclair ZX81 in kit form and built that up from scratch. Lovin' it!
Old 10 October 2016, 11:17   #4
StarQuake

Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemaru View Post
Hi All,
I have actually designed an external case to 3d print for it if anyone wants the files for it.
Do you have any pics of what your design looks like?
Old 29 March 2018, 19:58   #5
Lemaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarQuake View Post
Welcome!

Do you have any pics of what your design looks like?
Apologies, I only just spotted this (albeit 18 months late).

I upload my designs to my Thingiverse page which can be found here

https://www.thingiverse.com/Lemaru/designs