English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 26 August 2012, 19:18   #781
SuperNashwan

Quote:
Why don't you create 2 directories named differently with each slave inside ?
IMHO it's a better solution than listing the same name twice without idea of the one you're going to execute
I'm happy with either that or the script solution, I love TL as it is.

Was just mentioning it for the sake of maximizing compatibility with the KG packs as they come. I agree the multiple listings for one game folder isn't ideal.
Old 26 August 2012, 19:21   #782
olesio

@gibs: previously tested version 2.2b49. In b50 SWOS_HD (ofcourse valid *.tl script exists) work fine. "Harley Davidson" which execute *.tl script with WHDLoad 16.8 version also work. But unfortunetly any ECS or AGA Game cause this GURU error which I show you on screenshot. The same error is for all WHDLoad's Games and Demos (no matter is a title in ECS or AGA submenu). I hope you can fix it somehow. But anyway good thing which make me almost super happy is FastNav feature finally work under my WinUAE, so probable it will be work under my real Amiga also Btw, maybe it is possible to make FastNav perfect and for example when we have titles (I give example on protracker mods for TinyLauncher which I use) like this:
Code:
shampoo
skrzypek
sr
sr11
sr17
stag3
stag4
stuckwme
synthm11
tjips3
and I select "T" letter from FastNAV a skrzypek is selected - tjips3 (because "shampoo" is on previous page). And selecting "S" highlight "skrzypek" which is first on second page - not shampoo. I think it should work like I described, except if some letter do not exists it should work like at this moment you deszigned. If it is problem, you can ignore my suggestion but if FasTNav finally work maybe you can make it almost perfect. You can downlod my HDF from url in previous post and test it on my small collection of chiptunes which I sometimes use as music in TinyLauncher background. And ofrourse sorry for my bad English. I hope I explain everything barely clearly
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tl_errror.png
Views:	131
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	32478  
Old 26 August 2012, 19:22   #783
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Support long filenames such as AlienBreedTowerAssaultAGA.Slave
Works fine here. Just had a look and it was Slave 1.0 with the long names, 1.2 already had shorter file/slave names. Anyway, good work.
Old 26 August 2012, 19:29   #784
olesio

I did not read carefully your replies below but you use KGWHD directory structure? Because it is strange that in your case launching WHDLoad game work and in my case only *.tl script works. I hope gibs find out what is wrong and fix it.
Old 26 August 2012, 19:33   #785
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Yes, i use the KG/Retroplay directory structure. Do you have New Icons enabled? I got a software failure (some betas before) without New Icons enabled.
Old 26 August 2012, 19:42   #786
olesio

You mean icons for slave? In most cases there are icons which are avaiable with single zip file (one zip for game) and games at http://whdownload.com and these icons are correctly displayed under Classic WB Lite. For directories *.info files I also use icons from these zips. But in some cases to keep list sorted under normal Window I generate info files from standard drawer icons using DirOpus "add icon" button under Dir Opus. I'm using Dir Opus which was spread with Classic WB Lite version which I downloaded some time ago. So maybe not valid *.info files are problem source. I hope Gibs fix it somehow in feature. And I musr wait until download hdf with Classic WB Lite again to make sure how valid directory structure for KGWHD looked like. And anyway, I use HDDs for games and demos mounted as directories not on hdf ofcourse - to have easly access to them and do not generate big hdfs.
Old 26 August 2012, 19:44   #787
gibs
Banned

Olesio,
It's probably because of the Tool Types scan which is used when you launch a slave and not when you launch from a TL script (because in this case you decide what you want as options) I'm going to do an option to deactivate TTs.

I thought the fatnav target was fixed in 2.1 (maybe I only did it for the games/demos, I don't remember) are there target problems on games/demos ?
Old 26 August 2012, 20:01   #788
olesio

@gibs: ok, and tell me how to use it. Because I downloaded Classic WB Lite zip, unpacked system.hdf and Games directory to my !ECS directory (to get only subirs like 0_9, a, b, ... z with *.info files. Later I downloaded http://kg.whdownload.com/kgwhd/files...2009-05-28.zip beacause transfer from KGWHD site is low in my case, and zip with "v" title games have low size. Now I unpacked to V, and do rescan. TinyLauncher found 32 positions (31 games in "V" and one default "Bloodwych&ExtendedLevels" in /B/ subdirectory. But I'm still have the same guru error. And when TinyLauncher scanned ECS Games directory after F1 key with KGWHD structure I heard "error sound" and seen text "CHECKING 2ND LEVEL". Anyway, if you can add some command line parameter for TinyLauncher.exe and if someone have other *.info files than Retro-Nerd have TinyLauncher will launch slaves witout erros. Also maybe you want to do two version interface. And when someone want to use KGWHD directory structure it will do not display ECS / AGA king and instead them it shows only Games, Demos category. Or maybe you do like other user want. Moving games from !ECS and AGA directly to HD-Games is not a big problem if you use some file manager on Amiga or PC.
Old 26 August 2012, 20:20   #789
gibs
Banned

Your version of CWB doesn't use NewIcon and you're reading a NewIcon, this is probably why you encounter some problems (read the KTC post).
As I said, I'm going to put an option to bypass TTs detection for those who haven't NewIcons but have a compilation with NewIcons.

As I said earlier TinyLauncher will scan the 2nd level if no TL/EXE/SLAVE is found in the 1ST level. I could do both at the same time, but then it will require more time to sort them (also a bigger buffer). You need to think about a stock Amiga 600 not your WinUAE computer

Yes, there is a poll for mixing ECS/AGA and actually I'm working on the new screen.

Last edited by gibs; 26 August 2012 at 20:27.
Old 26 August 2012, 20:55   #790
olesio

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibs View Post
As I said, I'm going to put an option to bypass TTs detection for those who haven't NewIcons but have a compilation with NewIcons.
Ok, I hope you can handle it fast. Let me know and I will be your lead beta tester again still which deserve for information about myself in help screen

Quote:
As I said earlier TinyLauncher will scan the 2nd level if no TL/EXE/SLAVE is found in the 1ST level. I could do both at the same time, but then it will require more time to sort them (also a bigger buffer). You need to think about a stock Amiga 600 not your WinUAE computer
I now placed all letters KGWHD style letters directly in DH1:, made rescan and I still heard "error sound" and still do not work ofcourse probable from not NewIcon reason. Anyway, I sometimes playing Amiga games under WinUAE using Your great Launcher. If everything will be fine I will use it also on my real Amiga. And Amiga 600 is for me a little bit misunderstanding. Because I prefer and own Amiga 1200 which is better for me due to the possible expansion than 600. In childhood I played on my friend Amiga 600, but that was time when I haved any good Amiga usage knowledge. Anyway, one more question. Like I remember there was some key to exit from "C" key screen. Now I cannot back to mainscreen after changing path, it is a bug?
Old 26 August 2012, 20:59   #791
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by olesio View Post
Like I remember there was some key to exit from "C" key screen. Now I cannot back to mainscreen after changing path, it is a bug?
Use Joy up/Arrow up.

Edit: Just noticed that the fastnav A-Z letters aren't shown correctly, Beta 43 was fine. Beta 48-50 gives me only BCGTMTRSTUVWXYZ. This has nothing to do with Retroplay folder names, i don't have game folders with a "The" e.g. TheClue.

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 26 August 2012 at 21:22.
Old 26 August 2012, 21:30   #792
gibs
Banned

Are you sure you didn't launch an old exe ?
(try to rebuild to be sure)
Old 26 August 2012, 21:39   #793
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

No, i deleted the S:TinyLauncher folder and tested Beta 48-50.
Old 26 August 2012, 21:49   #794
olesio

@Retro-Nerd: the best news for me is it FastNav finally started to work fine under my PC and now maybe Gibs find time to fix it to work perfectly like in my above suggestions and your report
Old 26 August 2012, 23:38   #795
BanisterDK

Fastnav, is that pressing a letter to jump to games starting with that letter ?
Old 27 August 2012, 00:01   #796
gibs
Banned

@Retro-Nerd you were right, it was buggy since I have added long filenames.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1566495/Tin...ncher22b51.exe
This one seems ok.

@BanisterDK
Not exactly, it brings you to the page were the letter you're seeking is.
Old 27 August 2012, 00:12   #797
olesio

@gibs: try to match FastNav also to my suggestion above if it possible and you feel this may be sense. And ofcourse I'm waiting for new version of TinyLauncher, which allow me launch also WHDLoad games from non NewIcons (OldIcons? ) to test it.
Old 27 August 2012, 00:13   #798
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
@Retro-Nerd you were right, it was buggy since I have added long filenames.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1566495/Tin...ncher22b51.exe
This one seems ok.
Yep, now it's really fixed.
Old 27 August 2012, 00:26   #799
gibs
Banned

@Olesio,
Tell me if you encounter target problems in games/demos.
Old 27 August 2012, 01:00   #800
olesio

@gibs: in games it work ok (report from fast tests). Maybe my method which I described is not too useful for people who are accustomed to FastNav work in old way. So ignore it. Now most imported for me is to work with non NewIcons, what I'm waiting for But of course you do not want to rush. Because like we all - you also have real life/work/family etc