English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 03 July 2018, 08:25   #901
seb132
Happy Life

Send a message via MSN to seb132 Send a message via Yahoo to seb132
I just contributed to AKReal9, fantastic work again, congrat's.

Where are the covers for games to download?
I don't mind the size...
Old 03 July 2018, 22:53   #902
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by seb132 View Post
I just contributed to AKReal9, fantastic work again, congrat's.

Where are the covers for games to download?
I don't mind the size...
Many Thanks for using it. About the covers, check the EAB Fileserver, Uploads folder, user=StatMat (many thanks to this hero) and read this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
I want to tell about how to configure your games launchers once you install AKReal 9 for the very first time and also to show what can you get after that.

1.- Add your Kickstarts files (copyrighted) to AmiKit: Devs/Kickstarts
-Add your Games, Demos and Covers to some partition of your HD.

2.- For AGS2:
- Make a right click on screen, select User Menu, Ed User-Startup and then you have to edit the last lines of it to match to your Games and Demos paths. Then just reboot.
- Open AmiKit:Games/AGS2. Click on "Configure Menus". Select AGS2 Games and then "Show Existing". It will take several minutes to update your games collection. Make the same with your Demos.

3.- For iGame
Open iGame. Make a right click on the top of the window and select "Settings", then "Games repositories". Click on the folder image and then select the drawer where your games are, then click on "Add", then on Close.
Then click again on the top of the window and select "Actions", then "Scan Repositories". It will take several minutes to update them.

4.- For TinyLauncher:
Click on "SysConfig", pres 1 to set your Games path, 4 for your Demos one, 6 for the Covers one. Later press F1 to update your Games or F2 to update your existing Demos. Then when you see the titles of your games press C to show the covers. Remember that the music path is already settled with the AKReal 9 update.

Of course all of these configurations of these games launchers have been recreated by myself taking ideas&help from here and there, so you won't find them anywhere else (iGame, AGS2 or ABS configs).

Result: [ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by Retrofan; 03 July 2018 at 23:38.
Old 16 July 2018, 21:09   #903
klx300r

Question

finally got around to installing AkReal on my 1200 desktop with 030@50 and all seemed to be going great except a sudden stop when extracting 'FILE Libs:/Warp3D.library-save' ? hard drive light always on with zero movement...no crash as I can still move the mouse around and windows but otherwise system is frozen ??

rebooted and ran DiskSalv on boot partition and no errors were found...tried installing AmiKit again and exact same issue occurred
Old 17 July 2018, 01:26   #904
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I would suggest that you install your HD on WinUAE and run it later in your Amiga.

However I recommend using PFS3AIO instead.

Last edited by Retrofan; 25 July 2018 at 02:35.
Old 14 August 2018, 12:52   #905
migrator

Hi Everyone!

I test install AKReal 9 in my Amiga 4000d (Cyberstorm 060 and Cybervision 64).
But the CD dosn't work

Appears a icon CD:NDOS in the workbench screen and i am unable to read any CD.

This is my CD script in the Dosdrivers folder:

/***************************************************************/
/* CacheCDFS mountlist entry ? 2000 Amiga Inc. */
/***************************************************************/
FileSystem = L:CacheCDFS /* The name of the game */
Device = "scsi.device" /* Name of exec device driver */
Unit = 0 /* exec device unit */
Flags = 0 /* OpenDevice flags */
BlocksPerTrack = 351000 /* Unused */
BlockSize = 2048 /* True, but unused */
Mask = 0x7ffffffe /* Memory mask for direct read */
MaxTransfer = 0x1000000 /* Maximum amount of bytes for direct read */
Reserved = 0 /* Unused */
Interleave = 0 /* Unused */
LowCyl = 0 /* Unused */
HighCyl = 0 /* Unused */
Surfaces = 1 /* Unused */
Buffers = 50 /* Number of cache lines */
BufMemType = 1 /* MEMF_PUBLIC */
BootPri = 2 /* Boot priority for MountCD */
GlobVec = -1 /* Do not change! */
Mount = 1 /* Mount it immediately */
Priority = 10 /* Priority of FileSystem task */
DosType = 0x43443031 /* Currently unused */
StackSize = 3000 /* Minimum stack required is 3000! */
Control = "MD=0 LC=1 DC=8 L LV AL LFC=1 S NC AUDIO=Utilities/PlayCD"
/* The Control field is for special adjustments */
/* L/S convert all file/volume names to lowercase */
/* LV/S convert volume names to lowercase */
/* AL/S Auto-Lower converts only non-Amiga CDs */
/* LFC/N start converting at this character */
/* LC/N/A number of blocks per cache line */
/* DC/N/A number of cache lines for the data cache */
/* MD/N/A number of blocks, when starting direct read, not using */
/* the cache. 0 will be a reasonable default (LC*DC+1) */
/* S/S Do SCSI direct commands, no Trackdisk like commands! */
/* NC/S Do NOT use TD_ADDCHANGEINT, poll for DiskChange! */
/* M/S Issue a TD_MOTOR (OFF) command after read */

What's wrong??

Thanks
Old 14 August 2018, 13:02   #906
AMIGASYSTEM

You used your correct FileSystem and your Device

FileSystem= ?
Device=?
Unit= ?
Old 14 August 2018, 13:37   #907
migrator

Thanks.
I installed OS3.9 with WinUAE (from a backup instalation i have) and then AKReal 9 in the A4000.
When finished i edit Dosdrivers/CD and change uaescsi.device for SCSI.device

It's OK?

In L exists the CacheCDFS file, so i think the filesystem os OK.

How i could to know the correct filesystem, device and unit?

Last edited by migrator; 14 August 2018 at 13:49.
Old 15 August 2018, 11:30   #908
AMIGASYSTEM

On the A4000 that CD player you have? IDE o SCSI?

Try AsimCDFS, install the software, if you do not know your device and you do not have a particular hardware installed that manages the CDs try all the available Devices in the archive (cd.device, asimcdfs.device, asim_atapi.device) as FileSystem uses "AsimCDFS"

CD0: MountList

Device = scsi.device
Unit = 0
Buffers = 192
BufMemType = 5
Mask = 0xffffffe
Flags = 0
FileSystem = l:AsimCDFS
DosType = 0x662dabac
GlobVec = -1
Mount = 1
Reserved = 0
LowCyl = 0
HighCyl = 999
Surfaces = 1
BlocksPerTrack = 32
Priority = 10
StackSize = 5000

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 15 August 2018 at 12:01.
Old 15 August 2018, 14:03   #909
migrator

I deleted the CD file from Devs: and i've installed AsimCDFS as you suggest and all works fine.
Now i'm able to install Cybergraphx v4 for the Cybervision 64.

Many, many thanks!!
Old 15 August 2018, 18:43   #910
AMIGASYSTEM

OK I'm happy for you
Old 18 August 2018, 17:39   #911
migrator

CybergraphX problem

Hi everyone.
Another problem. When i install CybergraphX v4 for my Cybervision 64, the new screen modes aren't shown -as usual until one of the RCx updates is installed-.

Now AKReal 9 works fine, then, after the installation of AKReal 9 i install the CybergraphX v4 and all goes OK but when i try the installation of the RC5 (or RC4, or RC6) update the installation freezes with this message in the window:

Currenty patching the file:
CGraphX43/gxsystemlib/cgxsystem.library.040.pch

Due to this, the new screen modes for my Cybervision 64 are not installed and then, unavaliables.

Any idea of how to solve this.
Thanks
Old 18 August 2018, 22:36   #912
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Just to tell that I'm very grateful to AmigaSystem if he can answer to those questions you make, but you should understand that they aren't related to AKReal, and only people experienced with that hardware (or emulated) can tell you about them.

So what I say is that you can open another thread for example asking about that CybergraphX v4 installation for your Cybervision.

It's just that I believe that you can get more answers with a dedicated thread.

Thanks a lot for using AKReal and liking it
Old 19 August 2018, 01:22   #913
migrator

I thank you the answer, Retrofan, but i make the question in the AKReal thread because is under AKReal 9 where i have those problems.

With previous AKReal and testing other distributions like AmigaSYS AGA the CD unit always worked perfect.

And only with AKReal 9, again, is where the CybergraphX RC5 instalation were frozen, always in the same point.

Due the fact it all was AKReal relative problems, i thought that AKReal 9 thread was the better one and my questions could help another people with the same issues.

I apologize for the inconvenients.

And yes, i like AKReal very much. So much that I would like to leave it as a definitive environment forma muy A4000d. It seems to me that it is the most complete package that exists for a real Amiga, but also, unfortunately, the only one that gives me these errors, so I am interested in solving it. Not being able to do it, AKReal would be totally useless for me.

Thanks again.

Last edited by migrator; 19 August 2018 at 01:28.
Old 21 August 2018, 19:25   #914
xboxown

I am having couple of issues with these two programs. When I use AmiTCP and I start downloading files right to the hard drive it freezes my Amiga and it crashes and forces me to power off and power on Amiga back again. This is my Amiga's specs.

Amiga 500 + Vampire 500 V2 + RTG with 128 MB Fast RAM + 2 MB CHIP RAM + OCS/ECS.

However, when I attempt to download files directly to the RAM it works 100% no problem. What advice do you have? Second problem I have is AmiFTP. It when attempts to login to any server I get no icons nothing even if after successfully logged in. How do I resolve this issue?

I have Amiga 500 with V500 V2 it have RTG support and I installed Amikit Vampire Real for my Amiga 500. I like it will AmiKit 9 upgrade (real) be vamperized also or how do I upgrade my vamperized AmiKit Real with AmiKit 9:

A) Is it possible I can use MUI 3.8 or MUI 3.9 edition instead of MUI 5? The reason I am asking is because MUI 5 is too much for a V2 (I need to wait for faster Vampire hardware in order to use MUI5). If I buy AmiKit X Real Vamperized can I request to do some modifications to AmiKit X?
C) Is it possible I can disable DOPUS in the configuration setting? Those two things are the only things I wish to modify in AmiKit real. Thanks in advance
Old 21 August 2018, 20:59   #915
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

@migrator for what I remember when I installed Cybergrafx there were problems with the updates and their installation. You should try searching threads about the updates to use, patches, changes, order or whatever. Edit: In fact if you've got it already installed somewhere else you could try copying the files directly from there.

Hi xboxown:

I don't understand very well your fist question. There is an installer made by Pedro Cotter to install it with a Vampire http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=865

About any update of AKReal from it, it would be installed directly by the Live Update installed software as long as you've got internet. And not, it won't change any setting in the s-s or wbstartup. Only a few lines will be added to your existing User-Startup. Those lines are to install Femu. I know that you don't need it with a Vampire but it can be useful with other accelerators without it. Don't worry, it isn't installed by default, you'll have to enable it if you want to use it.

I can't make any Vampire installer because I don't have a Vampire. I will wait for the V1200 to happen.

Sorry, I don't have an idea if you install AmiFTP or how it works in a Vampire or wherever.

- About any other MUI version, yes, they all should work. You can also easily switch to MUI3.8 using MorpheuZ, but you will lose some great MUI setups in several programs.

- Sorry, I haven't heard about AmiKit X vampiriced. If that happens you should ask to their forum thread.

- To use Workbench or Scalos instead of Workbench you only have to open MorpheuZ and select "Desktop replacement" to select them.

Last edited by Retrofan; 21 August 2018 at 21:12.
Old 21 August 2018, 21:21   #916
xboxown

Quote:
@migrator for what I remember when I installed Cybergrafx there were problems with the updates and their installation. You should try searching threads about the updates to use, patches, changes, order or whatever. Edit: In fact if you've got it already installed somewhere else you could try copying the files directly from there.

Hi xboxown:

I don't understand very well your fist question. There is an installer made by Pedro Cotter to install it with a Vampire http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=865

About any update of AKReal from it, it would be installed directly by the Live Update installed software as long as you've got internet. And not, it won't change any setting in the s-s or wbstartup. Only a few lines will be added to your existing User-Startup. Those lines are to install Femu. I know that you don't need it with a Vampire but it can be useful with other accelerators without it. Don't worry, it isn't installed by default, you'll have to enable it if you want to use it.

I can't make any Vampire installer because I don't have a Vampire. I will wait for the V1200 to happen.

Sorry, I don't have an idea if you install AmiFTP or how it works in a Vampire or wherever.

- About any other MUI version, yes, they all should work. You can also easily switch to MUI3.8 using MorpheuZ, but you will lose some great MUI setups in several programs.

- Sorry, I haven't heard about AmiKit X vampiriced. If that happens you should ask to their forum thread.

- To use Workbench or Scalos instead of Workbench you only have to open MorpheuZ and select "Desktop replacement" to select them.

The auto update does not work because it says I need to download the update 9.0 manually and install it manually. In original AmiKit website it requires me to buy version 9.0 or even X version. So that failed. I came here and I purchased AmiKit 9 upgrade and have it in my memory stick.

So my question comes to this. I have already vamperized my AmiKit Real..if I do the upgrade to 9 using this here in eab.abime.net would it destroy my settings?

Thanks for answering the rest of the questions. I will be more than happy to downgrade MUI and remove Dopus for the soul purpose of performance. I do need to wait for V4 or new version of Vampire to upgrade my Amiga to use AmiKit Real with all the bells and whistles since Amikit was really targeted to WinUAE in mind originally.

However, I have issue with AmiTCP Center it keeps freezing when downloading files from it. Can you please check into it?
Old 22 August 2018, 00:09   #917
migrator

Quote:
Thanks Retrofan. I'll try to found a thread about It. I've spent the entire last week installing and deinstalling everything in both, the amiga and UAE.
I was thinking about giving it up, but I'll give it one more chance in case I find a way to solve it.

Thanks again.
Old 22 August 2018, 00:10   #918
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I'm not 100% sure if installing the update over your Vampirized AKReal could make any damage as I haven't made the installer. But in general I don't think that you could have problems as the changes that I made in that update were adding files to the existing Startup-Sequence, not changing it, so yes, in theory it should work ok.

About AmiTCP check the User-Startup. As default it is using:
";BEGIN Genesis
Assign AmiTCP: "SYS:Internet/Genesis"
;END Genesis"
In any case it may be something else that I can't tell if it's working ok downloading to ram.
But sorry, I don't use AmiTCP so I can't tell how to configure it or how to use it.

Last edited by Retrofan; 24 August 2018 at 03:39.
Old 22 August 2018, 11:00   #919
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by migrator View Post
Thanks Retrofan. I'll try to found a thread about It. I've spent the entire last week installing and deinstalling everything in both, the amiga and UAE.
I was thinking about giving it up, but I'll give it one more chance in case I find a way to solve it.

Thanks again.
Migrator I suposse that you first used the "Disable CGX_AGA&Birdie" icon script in Tools. That's the first thing to use as it has been comented many times in this thread if you want to use a graphic card.
You should also disable first as many things as you can from the WBStartup because disabling Cyberbugfix you lose a lot of chip ram till you have your rtg board working. Swith also in screenmodes to use a small screen size and for example 4 or 2 colors only -safer- before using the Disable CGX_Aga&Birdie script.

Reboot with those settings and then install Cybergraphx.

Edit: PM sent.

Last edited by Retrofan; 23 August 2018 at 02:58.
Old 24 August 2018, 00:46   #920
xboxown

Quote:
Migrator I suposse that you first used the "Disable CGX_AGA&Birdie" icon script in Tools. That's the first thing to use as it has been comented many times in this thread if you want to use a graphic card.
You should also disable first as many things as you can from the WBStartup because disabling Cyberbugfix you lose a lot of chip ram till you have your rtg board working. Swith also in screenmodes to use a small screen size and for example 4 or 2 colors only -safer- before using the Disable CGX_Aga&Birdie script.

Reboot with those settings and then install Cybergraphx.

Edit: PM sent.

Will there be plan for AmiKit Real to move to X? Would X be an evolutionary changes of more bells and whistles/features and GUI enhancements and so on?