English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - General

Old 07 May 2017, 02:06   #1
amigaho!

Has anyone had their Amiga not returned by amigakit.co.uk?

Hello,
Has anyone suffered misfortune or loss of their treasured Amiga on sending it to Amigakit: www.amigakit.co.uk for repairs? I've waited nearly 6 months to have my Amiga 1200 board re-capped and inspected, and the only response I received 3 months ago was there was a backup of repairs from the Holidays. They don't seem to answer the phone much and their 1-800 number seems disconnected. Is there any suggestion on how I can expedite this, or should I cut bait and ask for my trans-Atlantic shipment to be returned?
Respectfully,
Mike
AdSense AdSense  
Old 24 May 2017, 09:15   #2
dethrattle

I haven't sent them anything for repair but I did buy a few things from them last month. I did get what I ordered but I noticed there was a small delay between when I placed my order and when they finally boxed it up and sent it on it's way. I chalked it up to it being that Amiga products are low volume shipments, so they must gather up orders and ship them out once a week.

I'm curious why you sent them the board to recap though. Are they the only ones still offering a recapping service for Amigas? I'm assuming you're in Maryland; is there no-one US based that does it? I'm asking because I'd be legitimately surprised if there wasn't anyone in the US doing recap service.

Oh and to answer your question, yeah I'd ask for the motherboard back. Six months is a bit extreme to recap a board. I mean, I can understand a backup of repairs if there was a very high volume, but just how many people are sending them boards for repair/recap though? With a good soldering iron it'd take about two hours max to recap a board (that's about how long it took me to do my own A1200, but then again I was going slow).
Old 24 May 2017, 10:16   #3
emufan

if he doesnt answer here - or even additionally right now - write a PM to EAB user amigakit.com.

#1) user: amigakit.com
amigakit.com has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

i was about writing him, but got this message.

any admin can free some space or rise his quota ?

#2) i wrote a pm to the admins, maybe they will give him a not or free his inbox.

Last edited by emufan; 24 May 2017 at 10:25.
Old 24 May 2017, 14:29   #4
amigakit.com

@emufan

Please send us a Support Ticket here: www.amigakit.com/support

Thanks.

@all

We are already working with OP.
Old 22 June 2017, 21:56   #5
kirk_m

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigaho! View Post
Hello,
Has anyone suffered misfortune or loss of their treasured Amiga on sending it to Amigakit: www.amigakit.co.uk for repairs? I've waited nearly 6 months to have my Amiga 1200 board re-capped and inspected, and the only response I received 3 months ago was there was a backup of repairs from the Holidays. They don't seem to answer the phone much and their 1-800 number seems disconnected. Is there any suggestion on how I can expedite this, or should I cut bait and ask for my trans-Atlantic shipment to be returned?
Respectfully,
Mike
If you are in the US, you should send your repairs to Acill (username here). He is in California and does excellent work. The longest it ever took him to get a board back to me was 2 weeks, including shipping. There are times when he as a lot more work, and, may take a little longer, but, it's better than 6 months.

https://www.facebook.com/AcillClassics/
AdSense AdSense