English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 18 November 2023, 22:58   #21
MastaMagoo

Guys, I don't get it, why there is now a discussion about banned users. I also don't need a re-amiga board - if that will be the case, I will
write my intention to do so in here. At the moment, I rather would like to find the solution for my A4000 hardware-problem and I was just curious
if there was an outcome to this story...
I will go on try to find the issue(s) and if I found it, I will let a comment in this thread, so it could help somebody with a similar issue.
This is for sure more in the intention of this forum, than to start discussions about other users behaviour - stay technical or stay away, please!
Thanks to anyone willing to help. Cheers!
Old 19 November 2023, 11:11   #22
Kin Hell
0ld0r Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastaMagoo View Post
Guys, I don't get it, why there is now a discussion about banned users. I also don't need a re-amiga board - if that will be the case, I will
write my intention to do so in here. At the moment, I rather would like to find the solution for my A4000 hardware-problem and I was just curious
if there was an outcome to this story...
I will go on try to find the issue(s) and if I found it, I will let a comment in this thread, so it could help somebody with a similar issue.
This is for sure more in the intention of this forum, than to start discussions about other users behaviour - stay technical or stay away, please!
Thanks to anyone willing to help. Cheers!
RE the banned user....

It's not his first ban & is probably best left without any further explanation tbh....

Do you have another PSU you can you try?

DigitalKeeper @ post #12 makes some interesting & meaningful statements RE reset not going high from low causing a black screen. You should see the A4KD's LED power light do this.
Old 21 November 2023, 01:14   #23
MastaMagoo

Right, I should see the power led going from half-bright to full-bright - unfortunately, that doesn't happen. I will test with an other psu and will move the tick signal to internal.
Will report, after tested - but still waiting for the connector-cable...
Thanks anyway for your suggestions! Any idea is welcome and will also hopefully help others.
Old 21 November 2023, 14:50   #24
Kin Hell
0ld0r Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastaMagoo View Post
Right, I should see the power led going from half-bright to full-bright - unfortunately, that doesn't happen. I will test with an other psu and will move the tick signal to internal.
Will report, after tested - but still waiting for the connector-cable...
Thanks anyway for your suggestions! Any idea is welcome and will also hopefully help others.
I've seen accelerator cards do this to Amiga 4K's & 1200's.

Check your Oscillator X-Tals are fully functioning.

Example: DKB Mongoose @ 40Mhz would only run from separate X-Tals. IE, one for the CPU & one for the FPU. I had to reflow this card's two X-Tal's to get it to work on their own X-Tal's. In the card's earlier life, someone messed it up by de-soldering the sockets already fitted to the board. This ruptured the Via's through the PCB substrate.

https://cdn.pcbdirectory.com/uploads...9876310932.png

Once I'd done this, the Amiga 1200 Power LED went bright from it's Dim reset mode.

Tick & such was A3K-ville iirc. - I could be wrong but there are plenty of members around here reading this & they will help if they can.
Old 02 March 2024, 09:50   #25
MastaMagoo

Guys,
I just want to let you know, that in my case, a defective chip kept the CPU-Reset line low, so the CPU didn't came up and therefore no Led-Change was visible since the CPU stayed in Reset. The defective chip was U140 and a broken Cap under the Alice-Chip. After replacing also the crystal, the board came up again!