Old 17 July 2011, 13:34   #61
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCruicky View Post
Game is looking very professional.

DJC
Thanks very much!
We're trying to get it looking as nice as possible, it just looked so ugly before haha
Old 17 July 2011, 23:49   #62
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

This is the new title screen that will replace the Skull and that god-awful text box above it!

I am way happier with this!
Old 18 July 2011, 00:10   #63
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNipple View Post
First of all : Nice one
And as a second note, use http://imgur.com/ to avoid that 'image-share.com' stuff
Old 18 July 2011, 00:29   #64
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

Thankyou CyberDruid!!

I used to use some other fileshare site...but thats a good call!

I will use that one from now on
Old 18 July 2011, 00:31   #65
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

You're welcome Just like to see pictures how they are meant to look like
Really, that's a nice title screen there
Old 18 July 2011, 04:15   #66
CritAnime

The screenshot has a feel of Alien Breed about it. But thats not a bad thing because I loved that visual style. So I imagine that I would have a blast playing this. So can't wait to get my hands on it.
Old 18 July 2011, 09:34   #67
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by CritAnime View Post
The screenshot has a feel of Alien Breed about it. But thats not a bad thing because I loved that visual style. So I imagine that I would have a blast playing this. So can't wait to get my hands on it.

Oh, it was blatantly inspired by Alien Breed '92, so much in fact, that the first time we released it we had based one of the maps on one of the A.B maps.

This is strictly 2 player only, so get a joypad plugged in for your mate and hop on the keys for some sh*ts and giggles.
Old 19 July 2011, 17:59   #68
CritAnime

I am sold lol. Stuff like this was my favourite kind of game back in the day.
Old 20 July 2011, 11:53   #69
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

I just thought I would share with you guys the music chosen for the game, permission was given by the composer to use it a week or 2 ago now, it really suits the mood of the game and goes well the with the graphics and is a superb tune. Makes me wish I had learned Protracker...or had the skill to produce something like this.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 27 July 2011, 11:38   #70
Heavy Stylus
CD32 Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNipple View Post
Oh, it was blatantly inspired by Alien Breed '92, so much in fact, that the first time we released it we had based one of the maps on one of the A.B maps.

This is strictly 2 player only, so get a joypad plugged in for your mate and hop on the keys for some sh*ts and giggles.
Oh - does the game not support two joysticks then? That was the norm, surely?
Old 28 July 2011, 21:18   #71
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Stylus View Post
Oh - does the game not support two joysticks then? That was the norm, surely?
Forgive me, I meant for Emulation only and for those who aren't able to use 2 joypads (like me, haha).
We used to play on 2 joysticks back in't day when we were testing

Kev is making this H.D.D and I must admit, I have absolutely no single clue what this entails, Kev is a very difficult person to contact and I rely on emails as and when he's not busy with looking after his kids (he's been brilliant with regards to my constant badgering regarding this update) and as a result I find myself having to ask for a walkthrough of how to install something to H.D via the emulator, I am so rusty and also still relatively new to serious emulation, any help on this subject would be most welcome, sorry to be a total noobie.

I must also point out an interesting point Kev made recently; he doesn't know if Renegades will work on an actual Amiga or not. I am wondering if anyone would be up for testing the H.D.D only version out for us in return for a credit?

I know I asked Kev for a few new features that would add something to the game, but unfortunately most weren't possible. We have been toying with random pickups so you don't know what you're getting, hopefully these will make it, making each of the 15 or so maps slightly different everytime you play them.

Thanks again for any help given on the setting up of a h.d file on my computer....so I can actually test what Kev sent over tonight, he would help me only he has a family and I rely on emails as and when he can send them.

http://www.lemonamiga.com/help/tutorial_1/5.php

Forgive me, I just found this!

....move along people....there's nothing to see here.....:/

Last edited by TCD; 28 July 2011 at 21:31.
Old 18 August 2011, 11:25   #72
Heavy Stylus
CD32 Fanboi

Any news/progress on this?
Old 26 August 2011, 20:12   #73
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

Hi again.
There has been some progress, I am currently tinkering away at an single-.adf version of the game (without music).
So far the programming is done regarding the update, I am just tweaking maps and making them look nice.
Kev has ironed out some bugs he was niggled by, and also introduced the randomized pick-up idea I had. Now there are question mark pickups dotted about the map that can be ammo/health/power up/points....so everytime you play the map these will have different effects, keeping each map a little more interesting.
We're very very close to release now, thanks again for all interest in this.

Old 19 September 2011, 20:05   #74
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

Hello all, I thought I would update you on the development of the update.

I have made snow/sand tiles and have managed to get the H.D.D version tested and confirmed working, albeit with garbled map data (until full tile-set/maps are completed, thanks Heavy Stylus) and map creation continues at a nice rate.

With it being a H.D.D game there is a way of making map-packs for this game, should the need be there for content, you just download the .zip from the link I intend to post, unzip and copy over to the files in your folder (remembering to preserve the original maps etc)...if this is something you would like please let me know.

I have hit a massive snag that has put the release into question. The programmer, Kev, is permanently off the project (he simply isn't able to help on this any longer) and I am dying to release it as it's so very close now.

There is a bug, in the newer code, I have identified it but cannot fix it as I am not a programmer. I guess this is where I must ask for help with it. If there is an Amos Pro programmer reading this who is adept in Amos Pro who can help I would love for you to get in touch. I don't want to abandon this now it is so close to release!

If you are able to help, please p.m me and I will discuss it further with you.

The bug is such that it's impossible to release as it is as it gets gradually worse as the game goes on (which is why it wasn't spotted I assume) and without a programmer now I am stuck with almost a year's worth of additional work invested in this re-release.

I really appreciate any interest in this and I am just glad that even if this update doesn't get finished that our little deathmatch game sort of lives on in forums like this.

Cheers guys.
Old 19 September 2011, 21:12   #75
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Thanks for the update LN and for all the work you have put into this... be a tragedy to fall at the last fence here.... hope someone can lend a hand!
Old 19 September 2011, 21:37   #76
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

Thanks Peter, I appreciate all of your support.

I am still working on tiles and maps as I type this...even if I have to release it with the 'Limping' bug I will.

The bug I mentioned earlier has appeard thanks to a newer feature that was added, when a player is hit he slows down according to his damage, and bleeds according to damage also. When that blood is pasted down onto the map it has an affect on the other player's movements, even if they are at full health, there is a 'limp' everytime the opponent loses blood (due to pasting, I have tried to figure out the code, but alas, I can't)

....so, I must continue work on sand/snow tiles and other bits and pieces
Old 21 September 2011, 23:42   #77
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

I have managed to take out the lines of code that were creating the problems, even though I am not a coder I am pretty confident I have fixed the problem with the limp. This has preserved the effect of being slowed down when a player has been shot, it has just stopped the bleeding effect that went with it which painted the map red in no time at all.

I will be attempting to compile this ready for testing. If anyone is up for testing to see if it works please let me know, just so I know I have compiled the code correctly.

Again, thanks for the interest and any help given
Old 24 September 2011, 03:21   #78
CritAnime

Count me in. I am more than happy to give it a shot
Old 24 September 2011, 09:55   #79
Gamma7

Hi there @LordNipple

And - how does the work do with your Renegade project ?
Hope it goes well. Did you include my Amiga modfile ?
Is it working ?

I never thought about someone would use one of my Protracker mods
for a game. I did all those mods just for fun - 'cause composing was
one of my favourite hobbies these days when i was working a lot with
my Amiga.

If you or someone else is interrestet using some of my mods,
so feel free to do it. I grant my permission.

Most of my original modfiles can be downloaded here:
http://amp.dascene.net/detail.php?de...les&view=11928

With best wishes....
Gamma7 (alias Gamma117)
or
Marcus Becker

Old 24 September 2011, 13:41   #80
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

@ CritAnime, I will get in touch with you for your email address, I will email you the .zip so you can try it out. It's a H.D.D only game at the moment so you'll have to bear that in mind

@Marcus

Thankyou so so much for letting us use your fantastic tracker mod, it sounds perfect in game, I knew when I heard it I needed to ask for permission to use it. I think I even sent you a message over Facebook, well, I think it was you haha!! Or some random guy will be wondering what I am on about haha!

We have put a credit to you on the title screen, you will see this when the game is released but it is only H.D.D so you have to be able to load from the hard drive etc, (I am still to learn how to do this)

The game itself has had it's problems, as I have mentioned in earlier posts, I have recently taken out a nasty bug that would have ruined the game, it means we have lost a nice new feature (players bled when injured, the more they're injured the more they bleed) but that's life. I am still editing maps and just tweaking things up as best i can because this will be the last time I release the game, i may release map packs over time but this update to the front end is something I have wanted to do since 1995.

I can't wait for you to play it and hear your tune in the title screen, it really does go well with it. Thankyou again Marcus