English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 26 June 2011, 15:12   #41
Djay
95th User

Most people emulate or have real amigas with hds anyway, it's not really a bad thing... Will you working on any future projects?
Old 26 June 2011, 22:37   #42
Heavy Stylus
CD32 Fanboi

HDD is the way forwards mate... more available disk space = more content
Old 26 June 2011, 22:57   #43
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Good News LN!

HDD isn't a problem these days.

Kevin may be interested in all the additional work that DJC has done on his game "Alien fish Finger" - He might like to download it and play it.
Old 27 June 2011, 21:11   #44
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

Okedoke, i am reassured that it's fine for the HDD version to go ahead.

@Djay, I wish I could guarantee a yes to that. i have asked him and the balls in his court, he has 2 young kiddies so time is a problem for him (I have a goldfish so it's easier for me). I have recently put it to him about i-phone development, but we'll see.

Heavy stylus, agreed. I want to make even more arenas for people to play on. I might lose the small arenas (only there for un-expanded 500's) and make a good many more maps. I want to chat to kev about some other features that I would like to include.

Thanks Peter, I will let him know about Alien Fish Finger, haha, love the name, I am sure Kev will want to have a see.

Update on the new selection screen, Kev has inported the new work, and has it working (needs a few tweaks) and it doesn't flash at all (something I couldn't do to save my life) so I have a very good feeling that things will move forward at a better pace now.

More updates as and when they happen
Old 05 July 2011, 17:42   #45
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

Oh, just found this old file:

I created this cover for my own posterity, I still have in on a shelf somewhere so I had a box that would always contain inportant .ADFs regarding the game. I will have to go back and change this logo and screenies now, to include the new work.

I hope you like it (I have since become better at digital art, and Photoshop)

I should be updating those interested in the Renegades 2011 version very soon. I am meeting up with the programmer, Kev in the next couple of days to discuss plans and maybe ideas (if some of them are do-able)

If I had my way I'd create a single player game with Deathmatch as an option but I don't think this is easily created.

Old 06 July 2011, 01:12   #46
Heavy Stylus
CD32 Fanboi

I'll help you make a CD32 version when it's complete, and make a jewel case insert using your assets (with your permission)
Old 06 July 2011, 12:23   #47
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

Ahh! that's cool! I'll be remaking this cover again in the near future, maybe I could send you over the .psd to see if it's of any use to your jewel case idea?
Old 11 July 2011, 01:48   #48
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

Hi all, just a quick update on the update for Renegades...

We're making good progress and it's starting to take shape now. Unfortunately we cannot incorporate any new dynamics in the game, I had hoped for a 1 player option, something simple, but the time needed to create such a feature would not be worth it.

I just need a little feedback from you, the community, should I create more than large/small maps for you to duel within? I know we're able to now we're making it a HDD game, but I am just curious if you'd need 20+ maps to play within?

As always I appreciate all feedback. Oh, here are some new screenies:

I have made some new pickups, that are mysterious...simple dynamic that will create interesting scenarios as pickups become rare.
I have tarted up the tileset further to bring a crispness to it.

I wish I was able to tell you there was going to be a 1 player option!

Thankyou so much to those following this update's development and for those who have sent encouraging messages, honestly, we're creating this update for you guys.
Old 11 July 2011, 08:41   #49
Heavy Stylus
CD32 Fanboi

IIRC the maps are chosen at random for each game? If so, then I guess it makes sense to just make an equal number of small, med and large maps. The more there are, the more varied the game will seem, but there's no need to go crazy!
Old 11 July 2011, 14:07   #50
seuden
uber cool demi god

Really looking forward to this!

Will there be a WHDLoad version?
Old 11 July 2011, 15:04   #51
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

Heavy Stylus, yes, there is a random map option, so that should be fun, small maps or large maps (turn large maps off to enable small maps). There'll probably be 12 of each maybe 15 of each...you never know.

Sueden, really glad you're looking forward to it, and yes, Kevin mentioned that he wanted it to be a HDD version, I am assuming this is the same as a WHDLoad version?

I was playtesting this last night with my G.F, she did quite well and said it was fun!
Old 13 July 2011, 21:49   #52
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

Hi guys, I decided to knit together a full sized map for you to enjoy and have a look around.

New tiles include outside rocks and pickups, new '?' pickups with unknown effects (1 of 4 actually, health/ammo/powerup/points) which will prove interesting, I think, during a duel and you want to risk grabbing a pickup and running into open fire when low on energy...new little doodads on the walls, very subtle tarting up of the walls, and also the doors have a nice new effect that shows a red light as they open and then blue when you can walk through them. Some dusty bits on the outdoor tiles, and dirt etc. I may yet add to the tileset, but the first map layout will remain the same. If you're wondering how you get outside thats simple, there are some walls that allow a player to walk straight through them...which is fun when a player thinks he knows where they are.

Old 14 July 2011, 01:29   #53
Leffmann

It looks really good. You guys could probably have landed a good publisher deal if you had released this a few years earlier when the Amiga was at its peak.
Old 15 July 2011, 14:20   #54
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

Thanks Leffmann!

We would've been over the moon to have gotten a publishing deal. We just wanted to release it P.D, we were very passionate about the bedroom coders that we had become a part of. If only we hadn't become distracted by girls/pubs/beer we might have made a name for ourselves..

Still, we're getting it made now and it's shaping up nicely.
Old 16 July 2011, 01:08   #55
Graham Humphrey

This looks really promising!

I look forward to reviewing this for Amiga Future magazine when it's finished
Old 16 July 2011, 01:12   #56
Djay
95th User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNipple View Post
If only we hadn't become distracted by girls/pubs/beer we might have made a name for ourselves..
high5
Old 16 July 2011, 01:41   #57
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
This looks really promising!

I look forward to reviewing this for Amiga Future magazine when it's finished

Blimey, I had better get that spit and polish out! :O

I managed to chat with the programmer tonight regarding what is needed to get this finished as soon as possible.
We are unable to tweak speed as Amos Pro isn't the fastest. I have managed to secure a MOD for the menu, and it is just about perfect, old school.

We chatted about a couple of simple features that may make it into the finished version, I am crossing my fingers. They will only be simple changes and nothing major, but we have established what we can do, what is possible etc.

AMIGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djay View Post
high5
High5!! *probably misses*

..I don't do cool, I have soup on my t shirt.

Last edited by TCD; 16 July 2011 at 01:46.
Old 16 July 2011, 01:47   #58
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Screens look great - looking forward to hearing the choice of music!
Old 16 July 2011, 02:56   #59
Djay
95th User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNipple View Post
High5!! *probably misses*

..I don't do cool, I have soup on my t shirt.
thats why you gotta the palette right
Old 16 July 2011, 23:54   #60
DJCruicky
Gone, but not forgotten

Game is looking very professional.

DJC