English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 05 April 2015, 20:42   #741
SaphirJD

http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=65364 - screen "shakes" also like in the video here, but more intense in Winuae and the effects especially the first balls scene get somehow distorted when watching the demo with Winuae [ Show youtube player ]

Used a quick config - A500 - 1.3 Rom OCS - 512 KB Chip and 512 Slow, Best compatibility

Normal behavior or not normal behavior?

Last edited by SaphirJD; 05 April 2015 at 20:55.
Old 10 April 2015, 13:37   #742
lordofchaos
TinkerTailorContentMaker

Anyone else experiencing trouble running "Interference" (from disc) on WinUAE using A500+ settings? The demo gets about 2 minutes in just before an effect starts, music screws up. Seems to happen with current beta and last official release.

Demo text at start claims the demo has been tested on A500+

When I get time I`ll try running it from my real A500+
Old 10 April 2015, 18:51   #743
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaphirJD View Post
http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=65364 - screen "shakes" also like in the video here, but more intense in Winuae and the effects especially the first balls scene get somehow distorted when watching the demo with Winuae [ Show youtube player ]

Used a quick config - A500 - 1.3 Rom OCS - 512 KB Chip and 512 Slow, Best compatibility

Normal behavior or not normal behavior?
Looks perfectly normal to me. It is 100% identical to real A500.

Never trust videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofchaos View Post
Anyone else experiencing trouble running "Interference" (from disc) on WinUAE using A500+ settings? The demo gets about 2 minutes in just before an effect starts, music screws up. Seems to happen with current beta and last official release.

Demo text at start claims the demo has been tested on A500+

When I get time I`ll try running it from my real A500+
Real A500 plus confirmed (KS 37.175). Music starts working again if you wait a bit. Same problem happens again at the very end of the demo, just before credits. (and finally it crashes when credits ends)

btw, you forgot to include group name and download link. (Fortunately this time there was no common variants)
Old 10 April 2015, 19:15   #744
lordofchaos
TinkerTailorContentMaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Real A500 plus confirmed (KS 37.175). Music starts working again if you wait a bit. Same problem happens again at the very end of the demo, just before credits. (and finally it crashes when credits ends)

btw, you forgot to include group name and download link. (Fortunately this time there was no common variants)
Thanks for confirming, you beat me to it! Was in quite a rush when I made the report so apologies on the lack of detail.
Old 13 April 2015, 16:39   #745
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Sushi Boyz by Ghostown: OCS Agnus scroller bug is A500 confirmed. It is switching bitplane DMA on inside DDFSTRT/DDFSTOP window. This works slightly differently on OCS vs ECS/AGA.

It looks like bug in copper list, waits for earlier position $ec/$00 but it is already $ec/$a0.

Code:
00060890: ec01 fffe [0ec 09c]  ;  Wait for vpos >= 0xec and hpos >= 0x00
                               ;  VP ec, VE 7f; HP 00, HE fe; BFD 1
00060894: 0096 8100 [0ec 0a0]  ;  DMACON := 0x8100
Old 01 May 2015, 08:05   #746
Asle

I can't seem to be able to run Jukebox 2 musicdisk by Dreamdealers (1991)
http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=7477

I've tried several default standard configs, to no avail. It will boot and do nothing. There's no error message, nothing. As if it waits for something. I've attached both logs files for the A500 (most common).
Not sure it will help, though.
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (9.3 KB, 143 views)
File Type: txt winuaelog.txt (6.3 KB, 145 views)
Old 01 May 2015, 12:30   #747
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asle View Post
I can't seem to be able to run Jukebox 2 musicdisk by Dreamdealers (1991)
http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=7477
Another "works only accidentally".. It tries to check if INTREQR has COPER interrupt request bit set but it actually checks DSKSYN bit. (btst #4,INTREQR vs btst #4,INTREQR+1)

It already works if KS is 2.0+ because it uses disk wordsync feature but on real hardware it also works under older versions because wordsync contains zero value after power up that causes hardware to detect wordsync condition immeditely when disk dma has been started. (Currently emulation ignores this condition).
Old 01 May 2015, 21:04   #748
seko

hi toni
Thank you very much for WinUAE program works.I'm programming with C language on Amiga. But i use cross compiler vbcc for windows.Building software after doing tests on WinUAE.

i want to ask a quesiton.
I encountered two problems.

first , WinUAE correctly working on the my intro coded . intro have got virtual sprites .but When tested on real hardware crashes.

second , i coded x fighter animation dual playfield mode and 8 color mode each for playfield.this animation for ecs chipset.Fighter made it bob image.WinUAE correctly working . When tested on real hardware fighter bob image problem shows ,you can see below videos. Thanks again

real hardware config A1200 ,apollo 1240 32mb , dce scan magic / flicker free ,4gb cf card ,OS 3.9

winuae config A1200 , 68040 cpu with fp and mmu , 32 mb fast ram ,aga chipset , Os 3.1

Test on winuae emu.

[ Show youtube player ]

Test on Real hardware

[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by seko; 01 May 2015 at 21:12.

Old 02 May 2015, 10:56   #749
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seko View Post
Thank you very much for WinUAE program works.I'm programming with C language on Amiga. But i use cross compiler vbcc for windows.Building software after doing tests on WinUAE.
First, I don't think this is correct thread, this is not how to fix/adjust something topic and this is also OCS/ECS topic only and especially: unexpanded only!. Probably should be in Coders.* forums.

Anyway: probably CPU speed difference, especially chip ram speed is totally different unless you use cycle exact mode. Do not attempt to match non-expanded 68020+ modes' _speed_ (anything else can work) with real hardware, it is not going to work, even different real hardware accelerator boards can have totally different memory speeds that can make a difference.
Old 25 May 2015, 20:50   #750
SaphirJD

http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=9696

Tested with OCS/ECS quickstart configs, not sure if this belongs to the demo or not, during this scene the screen starts to flash in a rather crazy way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Unbenannt.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	44299
Old 25 May 2015, 21:28   #751
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=9696

Tested with OCS/ECS quickstart configs, not sure if this belongs to the demo or not, during this scene the screen starts to flash in a rather crazy way.
Flashing is correct (A500 + Philips CM8833-II confirmed). Note that it looks very different if (LCD) TV tries to do interlace to progressive conversion. (Same result as Display panel, Line mode -> Double, fields)
Old 26 May 2015, 21:02   #752
SaphirJD

http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=30674

Some strange white line appears during that change of scenes on the left. Posted 3 pics when the line enters the scene. It happens when the Straff font fades out and also visible for short time when the scene in picture 3 starts (was not able to make a screen cap of that as i constantly miss it) - Anyway, this line seems not to appear on real Amiga video captures of that demo on Youtube.

Tested with usual Quickstart OCS/ECS configurations.

Name:	Part1.png
Views:	207
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	44303

Name:	Part2.png
Views:	202
Size:	3.2 KB
ID:	44304

Name:	Part3.png
Views:	204
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	44305

Last edited by SaphirJD; 26 May 2015 at 21:40.
Old 27 May 2015, 18:02   #753
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=30674

Some strange white line appears during that change of scenes on the left. Posted 3 pics when the line enters the scene. It happens when the Straff font fades out and also visible for short time when the scene in picture 3 starts (was not able to make a screen cap of that as i constantly miss it) - Anyway, this line seems not to appear on real Amiga video captures of that demo on Youtube.
A500 confirmed. Possibly that white line is slightly in overscan region and was cut from the video. Never trust videos
Old 07 June 2015, 21:56   #754
algorithm

[Moved from beta thread]

Can anyone check this demo (Was released at flashback just recently)

The animation part just after the "onslaught" logo at the beginning has some visible sprites on the right edge side on A500 machine (when all screen is visible) but on winuae even at maximum border width setting, the glitch is not visible

link to demo here.

http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=65736

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 08 June 2015 at 17:03.

Old 08 June 2015, 19:54   #755
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by algorithm View Post
The animation part just after the "onslaught" logo at the beginning has some visible sprites on the right edge side on A500 machine (when all screen is visible) but on winuae even at maximum border width setting, the glitch is not visible
Confirmed. Probably same "problem" as background color changes appearing in right border when horizontal position is less than 9 or so.
Old 08 June 2015, 20:37   #756
algorithm

I had posted this in the wrong section yesterday (Apologies, 40 hours of no sleep can cause this..)

I had created a demo where one of the parts use non-dma sprites (for credits) the sprites are sloppily hidden initially via offset $1e4. On Winuae even on maximum overscan setting, there is no sign of the sprite on the screen.

On the A500 however, (Not sure about the other amiga systems) this sprite is partially showing on the far right. See screenshot as an example.

Just before the compo (flashback 2015) I modified it quickly by displaying the sprite black and then changing it to the desired colors after a while. (Not a good way as I found out that as the text credits move from left to right, the artifacts still appear in this area)

Disk image for testing can be downloaded from here

http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=65736

Old 08 June 2015, 20:48   #757
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Check 2 previous posts
Old 08 June 2015, 20:53   #758
algorithm

Apologies, I should have looked at this first. :-|

Old 09 June 2015, 17:52   #759
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by algorithm View Post
I had created a demo where one of the parts use non-dma sprites (for credits) the sprites are sloppily hidden initially via offset $1e4. On Winuae even on maximum overscan setting, there is no sign of the sprite on the screen.
A500 tested.

It was caused by chipset hpos=0 offset. (As I guessed). If sprite start hpos is >=2 and <=9, it will appear in right overscan border. Not non-DMA mode related, also happens in DMA mode. Will be emulated in next version.

(If you fix this, fix also right overscan background color copper waits )
Old 09 June 2015, 18:51   #760
algorithm

Great. Should have really coded the demo using full border mode via winuae. Once the whole demo was finished, I noticed the right hand side issues in several of the parts, but did not fix them (as I assume most CRT displays do not display the extreme edges) - On a Projector however, may be a different story :-|

The border changes could have been fixed with something such as xx07 instead of xx01 (where xx =line position)