English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 13 May 2020, 16:26   #1
mistermsk

Middle Mouse Button - copylib

Hi All,

I bought an Amiga Mouse with a middle mouse wheel/button. I see that I need to install a driver for it. MX1000 driver to be exact. Here is where I found it: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=96513

I tried to install the driver. However, it stated it can not find copylib. When looking in the directory. I do not see copylib anywhere. Not seeing it on my Workbench disks for 3.1.4 either.

I am using am Amiga 1200 with workbench 3.1.4.1.

Is copylib part of another Workbench maybe or MX1000 needs something else installed to have that file present?
Old 13 May 2020, 18:55   #2
Exodous

copylib is a function within the Commodore Installer. If you did an upgrade, it's possible you have an old version installed as c:installer.

The upgraded version may well be in SYS:System/Installer

At a CLI, type:

c:installer

then

SYS:System/Installer

Which should display the version numbers - WB 3.0 had Installer_2 2.15 which definitely has the copylib function.

The the one in SYS:System is newer, just copy it over the top:

copy SYS:System/Installer C:Installer
Old 14 May 2020, 20:50   #3
mistermsk

@Exodous

Wanted to say you are a god send, sir! That worked. Found a copy of Installer in System. Backed up the one I had in C: and copied System/Installer over to C:. After that, the driver installed with no error and verified after reboot, that the scroll-wheel is

Here I was looking for a program named copylib. Not thinking it was part of Installer.

BTW, I had some other programs that errored on install. Turns out this was the cause.

Thanks, again!