English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - General

Old 14 August 2019, 04:25   #101
Hewitson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
The guy who has done updated Rygar and Bomb Jack has posted in here. He used graphics from those games without paying royalties.
So if Amiten uses someones elses graphics, whats the difference?
mcgeezer is doing conversions of existing games, in which case using their original assets is obviously the only option.

Amiten is selling his games as original, new games, and claiming that he made the graphics when he didn't.

Two completely different situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foebane
Who on earth would want to download and play Amiten's shitty games anyway? I'm APPALLED by the ones I've seen already!
I of course agree, but Amiten seems to have a fan club of lamers who genuinely believe that his games are good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puggsy
All you do is antagonize, attack and be a dick to absolutely everyone.
That's not true. I've provided a lot of useful advice on this forum over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puggsy
I don't think I am alone in this board thinking you overstayed your welcome.
Couldn't care less what you think, really. Go join Amiten's fan club if you love him so much.
Old 14 August 2019, 07:21   #102
Steril707
Tigerskunk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estrayk View Post
Please, I just ask you not to think that all Spaniards are equal. I am sure that there are also toxic people in other countries and not for that reason, we must consider everyone the same kind of.
Most of the Spaniards I met were the most nice and laidback people ever.
Really wondering what's up with Amiten and JoJo.
Old 14 August 2019, 08:07   #103
LongLifeA1200

So is Amiten starting his own cult? If so, what are the rules to join?

Hey, I got an idea for a game: "A ninja on a quest to rescue sprites taken from other games."

As it stands, I'm more interested in buying the music than the game.
Old 14 August 2019, 10:27   #104
Hewitson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil79 View Post
But true, I think we should have a EAB wide announcement that no Iron Gate or Amiten discussions are to be started, and the reasons why need to be clearly explained so others can see exactly what's going on!
Seriously? So it's fine to discuss and promote Amiten and his "games" on YOUR website, but not on this one. You're nothing but a hypocrite and a drama queen.
Old 14 August 2019, 11:06   #105
Dunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
It's a little hypocritical to ask all EAB and it's members not to discuss Amiten / Iron Gate but still keep supporting / prompting their rubbish on yours and other websites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
Seriously? So it's fine to discuss and promote Amiten and his "games" on YOUR website, but not on this one. You're nothing but a hypocrite and a drama queen.
I'd not go that far. It's discussion here that has caused the trouble, which then spilled over into IRN, as I understand it. Putting a site-wide ban on Amiten/Jojo's antics on EAB would lessen the drama in here, but if IRN wants to simply report their games as news then that's fine.

(I've already suggested to Neill that he disable comments on those sorts of posts to IRN, but as it's his site it's his decision)

My motivation for closing threads here is to prevent more shite in here.
Old 14 August 2019, 11:11   #106
Hewitson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
I'd not go that far. It's discussion here that has caused the trouble, which then spilled over into IRN, as I understand it. Putting a site-wide ban on Amiten/Jojo's antics on EAB would lessen the drama in here, but if IRN wants to simply report their games as news then that's fine.
With all due respect, negative comments were being posted on IRN days before the discussion started on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny
Putting a site-wide ban on Amiten/Jojo's antics on EAB would lessen the drama in here.
As much as I agree, I think the day people's freedom of speech is removed from here would be a very sad day indeed.
Old 14 August 2019, 11:20   #107
Steril707
Tigerskunk!

Also, I'd miss the drama...
Old 14 August 2019, 11:56   #108
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
[...] on Amiten/Jojo's [...]
We should not mention Jojo here on Amiten's thread. No amalgams as it's disrespectful.
Old 14 August 2019, 12:12   #109
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
I'd not go that far. It's discussion here that has caused the trouble, which then spilled over into IRN, as I understand it.
Quite the opposite Dunny; as I wrote in a post days ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
How to put this... there were negative comments on Indie Retro News regarding Amiten's new game immediately; days before this thread even existed on EAB.

I visit your site daily reading all new threads; and have seen a lot of negative comments in many, many threads for numerous games from various developers over the past 6 months. It happens, and you do your best to try to limit them...

Back to Amiten, or jojo073 for that matter; everytime any of their games are posted on your site, there are bound to be various comments from anyone that knows the story... but that's not EAB's fault.

People are fed up with scammers like him so will voice their opinion; be it on Indie Retro News / EAB / other Amiga forums / Amiga Facebook groups or anywhere else that gives them the ability to do so.

None of us can control that... it's what happens when certain people get a bad reputation due to their activities, yet still keep doing the same old thing over and over again, without remorse.
This whole thread came about off the back of the article written on IRN, as you can see from the 1st post.
Old 14 August 2019, 13:02   #110
mcgeezer

I could do without the drama, the whole Amiten thing is toxic and he's right about one thing...it generates him publicity, and if it generates publicity then it makes him money which is what he cares about.

What we should be discussing is new productions on the Amiga, using constructive criticism and not abusing each other with insults. I know I'm no angel with my recent events with the PPA, but there's lessons learned on both sides there and I'm trying some ways to rebuild the bridge.

If we want to attract people to the Amiga we have to get some basic rules which should be standard, for example...as developers being respectful to others work (not stealing it for commercial gain) and being respectful to each other on the platforms.

But this Amiten issue can't go on, the guy is a crook and is feeding off the Amiga community, he's abusive, intolerant, has no respect for privacy, no respect for copyright, that isn't right.

His latest exploits seem to be to teach AMOS tutorial courses to people for money, this means that he's teaching his ways to others which will then generate more games of what will likely be the same quality and ethical standard he is accustom to - personally, I don't think the guy is qualified to teach anything.

But people know what he is like and they react negatively by posting abusive messages on the platforms which then the moderators (Neil/EAB mods) have to clean up, the sites and streamers need to introduce sanctions on such content and not let it propogate around the internet - the Amiga deserves better than that, it is not about limiting free speech, it's about being respectful and calling out when someone rips off someone else and not letting it breathe.

It's not that there is no way back for Amiten or JoJo, there's always a way back, but i'm unsure what it would take in my mind for that to happen. JoJo I think is just a confused, delusional guy and tries too hard but he is not in the same league as Amiten.

We have to nip this in the bud, it will just drive people away eventually (me included).

Geezer
Old 14 August 2019, 14:04   #111
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post
[...] JoJo [..] is not in the same league as Amiten. [...]
+1 and it's precisely because they have nothing to do with each other that we must stop putting their names side by side in the same post/thread .
Old 14 August 2019, 14:07   #112
kikems

+1
Old 14 August 2019, 15:09   #113
Neil79

Quote:
Seriously? So it's fine to discuss and promote Amiten and his "games" on YOUR website, but not on this one. You're nothing but a hypocrite and a *drama queen*.
Putting you on ignore now

Seriously SHUT THE HELL UP, on and on and on and on

ps Says the person who chucked abuse around on my website

Quote:

(I've already suggested to Neill that he disable comments on those sorts of posts to IRN, but as it's his site it's his decision)
Your advice has been taken on board
Old 14 August 2019, 15:15   #114
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
I could do without the drama, the whole Amiten thing is toxic and he's right about one thing...it generates him publicity, and if it generates publicity then it makes him money which is what he cares about.

What we should be discussing is new productions on the Amiga, using constructive criticism and not abusing each other with insults. I know I'm no angel with my recent events with the PPA, but there's lessons learned on both sides there and I'm trying some ways to rebuild the bridge.

If we want to attract people to the Amiga we have to get some basic rules which should be standard, for example...as developers being respectful to others work (not stealing it for commercial gain) and being respectful to each other on the platforms.

But this Amiten issue can't go on, the guy is a crook and is feeding off the Amiga community, he's abusive, intolerant, has no respect for privacy, no respect for copyright, that isn't right.

His latest exploits seem to be to teach AMOS tutorial courses to people for money, this means that he's teaching his ways to others which will then generate more games of what will likely be the same quality and ethical standard he is accustom to - personally, I don't think the guy is qualified to teach anything.

But people know what he is like and they react negatively by posting abusive messages on the platforms which then the moderators (Neil/EAB mods) have to clean up, the sites and streamers need to introduce sanctions on such content and not let it propogate around the internet - the Amiga deserves better than that, it is not about limiting free speech, it's about being respectful and calling out when someone rips off someone else and not letting it breathe.

It's not that there is no way back for Amiten or JoJo, there's always a way back, but i'm unsure what it would take in my mind for that to happen. JoJo I think is just a confused, delusional guy and tries too hard but he is not in the same league as Amiten.

We have to nip this in the bud, it will just drive people away eventually (me included).

Geezer
Great post that really describes what the issue is here and how to resolve
Old 14 August 2019, 15:19   #115
Neil79

Quote:

Geezer
Well said that man!

First of all I've banned a few abusive EAB members from IRN, and ignored them from here. If EAB wish to keep these abusive toxic people on EAB and think it's great gossip then that's their choice.

I'll not be writing up Amiten or Iron Gate games anymore and if any other comments on other games turn toxic they will be deleted and if it continues thread locked, members banned.

I've taken action my side, it's time for EAB and other Amiga game streamers to do the same.
Old 14 August 2019, 16:21   #116
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Quote:
I could do without the drama,
I dunno man, being called a "Badly Born" was so funny that almost make it worth.

And I agree with everything that you said. And the fact he's creating a course to teach Amos while his games obviously show he can't code for crap AND charging money for it is, again, a statement of how much of a scammer he is.
Old 14 August 2019, 16:51   #117
Puggsy

Quote:
That's not true. I've provided a lot of useful advice on this forum over the years.
No you have not. You're often found spewing a load of nonsense with no basis for truth.
Quote:
Couldn't care less what you think, really. Go join Amiten's fan club if you love him so much.
I'm not defending Amiten. I am noting the fact that you take any opportunity you can to be a dickwad and shield yourself in "freedom of speech".

You, like many others, confuse freedom of speech with "ability to do whatever I want regardless of others". You represent everything that is wrong with this board and your continued presence here, untamed, unchecked, shows the main problem coming from atop regarding this issue.
Old 14 August 2019, 18:39   #118
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puggsy View Post
Quote:
No you have not. You're often found spewing a load of nonsense with no basis for truth.
It seems to be a copy/paste from (kolla) VS (various members)'s lines...
Old 14 August 2019, 19:01   #119
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Well at the end let's not forget most of us are sons of the 80s: we have been through cloned arcade games, cloned computer games, copyparties, mixtapes, house music, hip hop, mixed videos with VHS, amiga demos, demoscene,all of that.

So we are used to mix assets to create stuff, regardless of where come from; all this VERY strict enforcement of copyright is something relatively new - second half of 90s forward, else most of our creativity is still copy and paste;

it is STILL a copy and paste culture out there: think at memes, remixes, personal videos; is the way society and progress work, exchange and remix of ideas and concepts beside the pure commercial part.

For us (more me) a no boundaries earth is a good thing and is also just right and legitimate to cobble together all parts and making a new project, might be a fan game, a video with a famous song, a meme, a fan art - having someone to say "no you can't because $$$" is EVIL as much as region locking and geoblocking (for me the main paradox of modern communication era).

however the wiser of us usually does not charge when reusing assets knowing WILL be trouble - THAT is the problem with amiten: he does not get that he cannot do commercial stuff with reused assets - and is "cabron" enough not to reconsider its position :P
Second problem he asserts to do its assets - unless he consider digital processing of third party pictures "creation", but still...

However doing FREE stuff should be ok and that is where i personally clash with all the current problem like Nintendo shutting down fan games and such. Those stuff are more an act of love than a steal... but is a different can of worms.

(Sega so far seems doing it right with sonic but wrong with streets of rage, that is confusing huh?)

Last edited by saimon69; 14 August 2019 at 19:11.
Old 14 August 2019, 19:03   #120
Hewitson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puggsy View Post
You, like many others, confuse freedom of speech with "ability to do whatever I want regardless of others". You represent everything that is wrong with this board and your continued presence here, untamed, unchecked, shows the main problem coming from atop regarding this issue.
You've only got 147 posts, you wouldn't even know what was wrong with this board. Tosser.