English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 17 February 2002, 07:56   #1
cgmiki

Does anyone have...

Does anyone have workin vesion of Champons of Krynn.Version I downloaded has a software error.

Old 17 February 2002, 14:27   #2
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Well it would help if you could key us in on which version didn't work for you. The most common version of the game is the DefJam-CCS crack, but there was the Quartex crack and the Paranoimia crack as well. I don't remember the differences (if any). Also, can you be a bit more specific about 'software error' - that could mean anything, including a problem with emulation (if indeed you are even emulating). We'll be glad to help you out, just give us some more information first.
Old 18 February 2002, 07:20   #3
cgmiki

it's DefJam-CCS crack.Error is in the beginig of the game after I create my characters,I used wrong icon for one character,and when I tried to alter it it showed me Software Error,but most important is second mission afer saving people is order to go for reinforcements in city and when I enter it showed me Software Error.Every time in these two places.

Old 18 February 2002, 07:37   #4
jmmijo

I have both the original(Virgin) disks and cracked ones as well. Since I only played off of copied made from the orginal's I never had any problems, except of course the manual protection I can u/l the orginal, non-cracked ones for you but I think you want them without the copy protection
Old 18 February 2002, 07:50   #5
cgmiki

I could use that but what about manual protection I don't have one.

Old 18 February 2002, 09:14   #6
jmmijo

Lemme check something out for you okay. I think the Maverick backup copier has a parameter for it. I'll let you know.
Old 18 February 2002, 10:41   #7
§ane

Hey jmmijo, would you be able to upload your original non-cracked disks?

I sold mine along with my A500, but still kept the Adventurer's Journal for some strange reason. Been dying to play this series again for some time now, but i too have found many of the cracks do contain software errors at various stages in the game. That's not to say all the cracks are corrupt, it's just i would much rather be playing an original.

Also if you have originals of the last two in the series (Death Knights & Dark Queen) i would love to have them as well.

If i find the time i might scan in my tattered manuals, all sixty pages.
Old 18 February 2002, 10:56   #8
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally posted by §ane
So if you have originals of the last two in the series (Death Knights & Dark Queen) i would love to have them as well.

If i find the time i might scan in my tattered manuals, all sixty pages.
You betcha, I think I have the entire gold and silver box series from SSI, both C64 and Amiga, man I kept the boxes too

I'm doing some file transferring right now, since I only have a serial cable to connect from my Amiga to my PC it's taking a while but hey, it didn't cost as much as a damn network card for a Zorro slot

Since it's about 2AM where I am, I'm gonna head to bed and then tomorrow sometime I'll adf, then zip the files and u/l to the ZONE for everyone. Since the protection is only on disk one, I'll u/l both the virgin and cracked versions of that disk. Both disk 2 and 3 will be virgin, just like the way they came from SSI

EDIT: I've just started to copy over the adf files and will zip and u/l them later on, I'm pooped and going to bed now

Last edited by jmmijo; 18 February 2002 at 11:15.
Old 18 February 2002, 11:07   #9
§ane

Excellent!!

I so wish i didn't sell mine, I had Champions and Death Knights boxed originals, and a pirate copy of Dark Queen which i never did finish because of the many read/write errors i had with the disks.
Old 18 February 2002, 11:17   #10
jmmijo

@Sane, didn't you run an FTP server at some point? If so and if you still wanna do some offline trading we can. Perhaps there is more that you would like
Old 18 February 2002, 11:57   #11
§ane

Quote:
Originally posted by jmmijo
@Sane, didn't you run an FTP server at some point?
Yes, and still do.

Quote:
If so and if you still wanna do some offline trading we can. Perhaps there is more that you would like
Well, i would kill for the complete SSI collection.

I shamefully got rid of all my boxed originals, so i doubt i would have much of interest left to trade.

Athough I still hold an immense collection of pirate floppies, all of which i plan to dump and upload somewhere in the near future.
Old 18 February 2002, 12:22   #12
oldpx

No need to trouble yourself. I'm uploading the manuals in .doc format.

Old 18 February 2002, 12:27   #13
§ane

Quote:
Originally posted by Burseg
No need to trouble yourself. I'm uploading the manuals in .doc format.
Are the pages numbered though? The protection check asks for a word on page # and line # if i remember correctly.
Old 18 February 2002, 12:47   #14
oldpx

Yes they are. All goldbox game manuals were scanned,OCRed (or just typed) and numbered by a group called project 64.

Old 18 February 2002, 12:53   #15
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Count me in on the carnage (killing for complete virgin SSI collection). I smell a box set already...

I just won a Questron II on ebay last week. I had a copy in CA, but sold it on ebay (for a helluva lot more than the one I just won!); dunno what I was thinking when I sold my copy...probably needed money for something frivolous like food.
Old 18 February 2002, 16:04   #16
cgmiki

OK manual is uploaded what about the game.One more thing I never transfered characters from one game to another will that game be harder because characters have several levels or it will be the same as I would start with new ones.

Old 18 February 2002, 16:08   #17
Chuckles
The Ancient One

Sounds like you all have a pretty good handle on this already, but I also have originals of most of the SSI games, with manuals, etc. So if there's a title that you're having trouble finding, let me know and I'll try to supply it. It may need to be cracked, but somehow, I think the talent to do that is lurking nearby.
Old 18 February 2002, 21:36   #18
jmmijo

Okay everyone, the first I hope of many SSI gold boxes has been u/l to the zone. The first of course is Champions of Krynn by special request. It includes all 3 disks, originals plus a cracked disk 1 using Maverick!

Enjoy as I work on the other titles as well.

EDIT: Sorry for the spelling, I need some more coffee It's listed as Cahmpions of Krynn! I'm sure everyone will get it

EDIT2: Seems I can't locate Dark Queen of Krynn, I could sware that I have it somewhere, perhaps I need to clean house some more

Last edited by jmmijo; 19 February 2002 at 01:54.
Old 19 February 2002, 08:26   #19
§ane

@jmmijo: Thank You!

@cgmiki: As i remember it, my imported characters were far better than those you could create, although i did spend a good deal of time improving them.

My party consisted of several multi-class mage/cleric's and two knights. I think they retain all their items and weapons, but you lose the DragonLance.
Old 19 February 2002, 10:16   #20
jmmijo

You're welcome Sane