English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 21 February 2003, 21:56   #1
trodas
old Amiga fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to trodas Send a message via AIM to trodas Send a message via MSN to trodas
Exclamation Games, demos, programs what dont work with WinUAE

So, purpose od this tread is, to write down what someone did not managed to work, no matter how hard he tried, so - lets begin with it.

PinballFaintasiesCD32 did crash when entering table. I have no idea, how to prevent that...

Shaft7 demo did not work at all, no matter if this is 040 fixed version or wheather, it just refusing to work...

ThugLife demo, even with WHDload fix, dont work for too long, jsut first few scenes, very slowly, tought, and then picture disapear... The best was unoficial fix attempt by Psygore, the demo then managed nearly to its half, before dies.

All Terrain Racing did not work under WHDload, but i managed it to work from floppy imges, interesting.

TrexWarrir from Thalion did not work from floppy image, no matter what the hell i tried - WHDload version works fine.

...more to come, so, lets add things...
Old 21 February 2003, 22:37   #2
Amiga1992

Your error reports lack any details, how do you expect them to be corrected with such feeble descriptions?

I also have this burning question... why do you care so much about pestering Toni about WinUAE if you have an Amiga? Why do you want to use it if it is such a "piece of shit", when you have access to the Real ThingĀ© ?
Old 21 February 2003, 22:44   #3
oldpx

Yeah, we don't need a thread stuffed with pointless criticism. If you're having problems, forums are right here to ask your questions seperately.

Old 21 February 2003, 23:53   #4
Amigaboy

ATR: Works fine
Trex Warrior: Works fine

The others I don't have, so I can't test them, but I'm guessing that they would also work too!

It baffles me how someone who claims he knows so much about the Amiga, can't get a few games working. I got these working on the first try

I think trodas should stop talking smack about WinUAE. He's giving unnecessary work to Toni who has better things to do (like fulfil all of my requests....once again Toni, thanks for the speedup keys! )

I'm betting trodas will come back spitting out shit again. Next he'll be telling us Quake 3 doesn't work under WinUAE, but it works on one of his 50, 060 amiga's

Quote:
...more to come, so, lets add things...
Oh joy...

Old 22 February 2003, 02:30   #5
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Walker's thread is far more productive in which he took previously deemed non-working adf's and proved them to work. I don't have a link to that thread handy, so if someone wants to step in with it...

Walker can probably make everything on this list work...
Old 22 February 2003, 04:16   #6
Amigaboy

Quote:
Originally posted by Twistin'Ghost
Walker's thread is far more productive in which he took previously deemed non-working adf's and proved them to work. I don't have a link to that thread handy, so if someone wants to step in with it...
I believe you're referring to http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2182

Quote:

Walker can probably make everything on this list work...
Anyone with half a brain can get everything in this list to work

Old 22 February 2003, 07:39   #7
Walker

Quote:
Originally posted by Amigaboy

Anyone with half a brain can get everything in this list to work
How did I manage do it, then....?
Old 22 February 2003, 07:43   #8
Amigaboy

Quote:
Originally posted by Walker
How did I manage do it, then....?
You bought 1 off Ebay....remember? You used Buy It Now

Old 22 February 2003, 08:18   #9
Walker

Quote:
You bought 1 off Ebay....remember? You used Buy It Now
Hmmm.. I remember the item description saying something about "minor defects", but that's it.
Old 22 February 2003, 14:32   #10
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
I think trodas should stop talking smack about WinUAE. He's giving unnecessary work to Toni who has better things to do
With one EXCEPTION: the centering thing.
I can only 100% agree with trodas that this is an important thing to fix, because people want a picture like on the real thing and no requirement of a downsized Amiga screen just because there are a couple of pixels missing when using a standard screen mode!
Old 22 February 2003, 15:16   #11
trodas
old Amiga fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to trodas Send a message via AIM to trodas Send a message via MSN to trodas
andreas - in fact, into Overkill the problem is not that "screen is wrongly centered" - thats something i get used to and dont care too much ATM yet, but the pixels is simply DISAPEARED and nonpresent there, even the resolution is 800x600 and therefore is more that enought big to pal screen with full overscan (what is not Overkill cause anyway) fit into.
The source of this problem is, that Overkill is badly centered even on Amiga. But just badly centered (moved to left), not with missing pixels

Akira - these are not meaned to be bugreports, just a statements, what happens and what someone can expect.

Amigaboy - desplite your ability to offend peoples, theres seriously missing ability to read. Please bother to read, that i stated, that ATR works for me, only not its WHDload fix.
About TrexWarrior - include your config, please, to i can check what i did wrong
Old 22 February 2003, 15:59   #12
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Thumbs down

@Trodas. Amigaboy can read fine, maybe you are the one who needs to start reading your own postings.

Your own topic thread & I quote
"Games, demos, programs what dont work with WinUAE"

You then say,...... "All Terrain Racing did not work under WHDload, but i managed it to work from floppy imges, interesting. "........

How precisely is that supposed to represent a fault with WinUAE?

Strange how suddenly all the moderators & experienced Amiga veterans/senior members you've insulted on this board since your arrival, along with Toni Wilen, are all "wrong" & you have to be right in all your assumptions.

Respect is something to be earned.
Old 22 February 2003, 19:15   #13
oldpx

Quote:
these are not meaned to be bugreports, just a statements, what happens and what someone can expect
Then you should name this thread to "Games, demos, programs that I could not get working" and we will try to help you.

I was about to say the same thing as Zark, if a game runs fine with WHDLoad under WinUAE, this means the game works with WinUAE!

I tried to run trex warrior with a standart ECS config and failed. Then set the chipset to OCS instead, used a bit more fast ram, unselected fast copper and selected immediate blitter and it worked. I didn't exactly know what I were doing but I were trying to get this game working and succeeded in the first attempt after the failure of my generic config. It seems you're using every opportunity to blame WinUAE. I even selected JIT! This game runs whatever stupid config you use if you want to get it working.

I suggest we move this thread to the off topic section.

Old 22 February 2003, 19:19   #14
oldpx

Here is the config. This is not an ideal config. I used stupid combinations of slow fast and chip ram, 800% floppy speed and guess what. It works.
Attached Files
File Type: uae trex.uae (6.6 KB, 251 views)

Old 22 February 2003, 21:55   #15
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
"not ideal"? Are you joking?
That's at least a much more ideal config for this game!
Turbo speed doesn't work with this one, you do need a non-turbo setting! And 100% causes WinUAE to take several minutes for loading the game(!!!).
However, you can accelerate loading by using the cycle-exact mode!
Try it out!

Last edited by andreas; 22 February 2003 at 22:27.
Old 22 February 2003, 22:32   #16
oldpx

The reason I said "not ideal" was, I made this config quite randomly without thinking on it, simulating someone who didn't know much about winuae

%800 did increase loading speed!

Old 23 February 2003, 15:23   #17
trodas
old Amiga fanatic

7-Zark-7 - i dont agree, he hit me with zero understanding what this tread means
And i suppose using WHDload as standard under WinUAE as well, as on Amiga, because it give me comfort and i get used to it
Therefore i just mention that ATR did not work - all, and end of story. There is nowhere mentioned "Toni, fix this!" - because it can be easily a ATR install fault as well...

About the so-called autorities i "insulted" and wrong - no, thats simply not true. I dont insulted anyone, i just get insulted by some ppls, what i ofcourse disrespect then, either for their lack of knowledge or how they behave.
Please read and understand consequences before you posting such nonsens about how i insulted everyone good there :eek
Because you are damn right - respect is something to be earned.

Burseg - i think that others can contribute their results (well, mostly failures ) there too
And about TrexWarrior - it did not work for me, even when i used your config, so, make sure you using the same orginal TrexWarrior as me.
Then you get the problem.

Actually, i dont come to blame, but if you wish - your config can be improved a lot, dude. First at all, Primary DirectSound buffer should be unchecked (as Toni mentioned on WinUAE site long time and and there into many treads).
Second, as andreas well pointed out, the game is for 68000 and exact cycling helps - so, nothing like "as fast, as possible CPU"...
...but no matter how i fiddle with it, it wont start even the damn Thalion intro at its beginning (this works even on A3k, witch are into the times of A500 the most incompatible thing ever!)
Old 23 February 2003, 15:40   #18
oldpx

I know my config is to be improved I'm trying to show you the game runs in a shitty config. Since Trex Warrior did not work with you, it means your ADF is corrupted. I'm using common tosec adfs. This is YOUR failure, not WinUAE's.

Last edited by Burseg; 23 February 2003 at 15:56.

Old 23 February 2003, 15:54   #19
oldpx

Trex Warrior is in the zone. Here is the screenshot I took. If it doesn't work, attach your config and stop posting bullshit about WinUAE please.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trex.gif
Views:	538
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	4762  

Old 23 February 2003, 21:28   #20
trodas
old Amiga fanatic

Im using adf file taken from WHDload fix, witch obivously works - as i write.
So, it cant be, that are corrupted and then not work.

OTOH, you probably using any modified version, that im. I can send the config, but TrexWarrior with it probably runs for ya, with the non-orginal adg
Well, its worth the try.
Later we exchange the adf files, because for me it did not even show the damn intro (at the beginning of the disc, the Thalion logo...)
Attached Files
File Type: uae trex_trodas.uae (6.5 KB, 239 views)