English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL suggestions and feedback

Old 29 December 2006, 17:39   #1
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Cool New category addition for the HOL??

Helloooo

Happy Christmas HOL people (and EAB people in general).

Ok, Well I would like to see some new additional info on the games in the database. What I'd like is information on whether each particular game uses copy protection. I'm not talking about a custom boot block as used by most game software but protection as in a code sheet or word look-up in a manual.

For example games like: Eye of the Beholder, Monkey Island, Shadow Fighter and Worms use this type of protection.

The reason? Well I think this could be of use when playing original format IPF games. The prospective IPF user could check on the HOL before loading a particular game thus saving a lot of hassle if the necessary documentation is not to hand! I spent ages loading Shadow Fighter AGA only to find it used copy protection! Grrr.

Well I think its a good idea anyway. It would also be interesting to see the percentage of games that use this type of copy protection.

I also have a question for you HOL types. What is meant by 'Amiga original game'??? Does this mean a game that was originally published on the Amiga? If this is the case then surely Worms is an Amiga original:

http://hol.abime.net/1779

HOL Rocks!

Happy New Year!!
Old 29 December 2006, 19:45   #2
Dizzy
Pirate

That is a good idea
Old 29 December 2006, 21:19   #3
Galaxy

This is on the cards as a possible future addition to HOL. At the moment if scans of codesheets are sent in they are placed on the Misc or Manual tab.
Old 28 July 2007, 14:27   #4
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I also have a question for you HOL types. What is meant by 'Amiga original game'??? Does this mean a game that was originally published on the Amiga? If this is the case then surely Worms is an Amiga original:

http://hol.abime.net/1779
Just read the HOL definition of an Amiga original game:

'An indication if the game is an 'Amiga original'. The definition of an original Amiga game is roughly one that was developed for the Amiga as opposed to being a conversion from another platform.'

I've noticed Worms is still marked as 'Unknown' when this is clearly an Amiga original. Interesting that Worms DC is already marked as an Amiga original. Needs updating methinks.
Old 29 July 2007, 01:04   #5
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Done!