English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Amiga Magazine Rack > AMR suggestions and feedback

Old 11 July 2007, 23:08   #1
ugopaliotto

The Games Machine italian version is missing!

You have posted in AMR only the English version of The Games Machine. This magazine had a very short life in UK, but its Italian counterpart is still alive and counts now 223 issues, becoming the most longeve videogames-related magazine published in Italy!
CU Amiga, in the February 1998 issue, hosted an article written by Massimo Marino, of TGM Italy, "the biggest selling Italian Amiga\PC magazine", about the Italian game scene.
So, why don't you mention it in AMR?
Thanks a lot.
And excuse, as usual, my poor English...
Old 11 July 2007, 23:25   #2
Marcuz

well, because they don't have it! also because it's in italian, so it would be only secondary (there are other italian magazines in amr, if i am not mistaken: Amiga Magazine, or at least the pointer to the italian project that lent them.)
however, i guess that if you have them scans to submit, it would be a nice addition.

also it's worth to mention that the amiga stuff ran only about the 60th issue, after that it would have been one page in a thousand...

i had a bunch of issues around 2003, 2004 and the amiga reviews were good and original, but before that, the magazine leant heavily on translations of UK magazine...

there was also a very good other magazine Amiga Byte, that in addition to few reviews, had extensive software and hardware discussions, not to mention a well made disk accluded, that imho was more interesting than TGM, but the issues are not available around the www.
Old 11 July 2007, 23:46   #3
fc.studio
Cat lover

Amiga Magazine is here with scans and software. Completed near to 100%.

http://www.amigamagazine.info/

(Italian Only)
Old 12 July 2007, 01:24   #4
Marcuz

yep, and here the "port" on amr:
http://amr.abime.net/issues_50
Old 12 July 2007, 08:19   #5
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugopaliotto View Post
You have posted in AMR only the English version of The Games Machine. This magazine had a very short life in UK, but its Italian counterpart is still alive and counts now 223 issues, becoming the most longeve videogames-related magazine published in Italy!
CU Amiga, in the February 1998 issue, hosted an article written by Massimo Marino, of TGM Italy, "the biggest selling Italian Amiga\PC magazine", about the Italian game scene.
So, why don't you mention it in AMR?
Thanks a lot.
And excuse, as usual, my poor English...
Unless somebody would be willing to enter a tonne of data for the mag, I don't think that mag will ever be in AMR. You need someone that can natively read the mag to go through it, and with so many issues I doubt a useful index would ever be made. Without an index, it would just be a pretty bare shell of 223 issues with sod all. We'd rather have useful stuff for the mags we have than to acknowledge 223 issues exist but provide no useful information.

If you are willing to index the mags and provide scans of the covers etc, we might change our mind