English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 12 April 2022, 21:33   #261
acidbottle

Finally managed to get my copy from Smiths today, it was kinda hiding behind another mag so moved them in front of custom pc and next to retro gamer
Old 12 April 2022, 22:04   #262
PixelsAtDawn
Amiga Addict

Thanks for picking up our mags instore folks, much appreciated!
Old 20 April 2022, 12:38   #263
RuySan

I've been tempted to order this for the first time, but in a post Brexit world I'm a bit reluctant. Anyone from Portugal here that ordered it? I'm afraid it might be stuck at customs.
Old 20 April 2022, 15:43   #264
TheDrisk

Congratulations and well deserved.. Such a wonderful mag and written with genuine passion.
Old 22 April 2022, 21:21   #265
PixelsAtDawn
Amiga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuySan View Post
I've been tempted to order this for the first time, but in a post Brexit world I'm a bit reluctant. Anyone from Portugal here that ordered it? I'm afraid it might be stuck at customs.
We do have readers in Portugal, but they might not be on EAB.
Old 27 April 2022, 21:34   #266
LuMan
Amigan - an' lovin' it!!

Not been on the forum for a while, but stumbled across Issue 11 in WHS today, so bought it! And I'm glad I did! Only had change for a quick breeze through up until now, but looking forward to pouring over it at bedtime

So glad to see another Amiga magazine in print again. Got a feeling you'll be getting a new subscriber, PixelsAtDawn!!
Old 30 April 2022, 02:59   #267
PixelsAtDawn
Amiga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuMan View Post
Not been on the forum for a while, but stumbled across Issue 11 in WHS today, so bought it! And I'm glad I did! Only had change for a quick breeze through up until now, but looking forward to pouring over it at bedtime

So glad to see another Amiga magazine in print again. Got a feeling you'll be getting a new subscriber, PixelsAtDawn!!
It makes me happy some people are just stumbling across the magazine in the shops, part of me wondered if the only people picking it up in Smiths were those that already knew it was going to be there - we want new readers too.

Glad you're enjoying it, have fun!
Old 30 April 2022, 14:25   #268
Havie

I hope sales go well enough to continue in Smiths - they are everywhere!
Old 04 May 2022, 22:19   #269
LuMan
Amigan - an' lovin' it!!

It's an odd state of affairs. Always has been. We all know it's better to subscribe to publications, for a number of reasons; better value for the subscriber, and a definite, quantifiable readership for the publication to sell advertising. But I've always loved the cathartic approach of strolling into a newsagent, buying a magazine, and then going for a quiet coffee somewhere and losing myself for the better part of the hour.

Then again, It's great to see that A4-sized envelope on your doormat on New Issue Day!!

Totally looking forward to Issue 12!
Old 11 May 2022, 14:33   #270
PixelsAtDawn
Amiga Addict

Issue 12 of Amiga Addict is now on sale, featuring the epic developers of point-and-click classics Beneath A Steel Sky and Lure of the Temptress... Revolution Software. Also in this issue we have a new digital coverdisk for game Spheroid, with AA exclusive levels; a roundtable with Amiga Power alumni Stuart Campbell, Cam Winstanley and Rich Pelley; a look at classic games Micro Machines and Enemy: Tempest of Violence; a review of the new Checkmate 1500 Plus Mini case; a dip into amazing art package Cinemorph and tons more.

You can order a copy on our site https://www.addict.media from today, or in stores from 19th May.

Old 15 May 2022, 17:11   #271
BigD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havie View Post
I hope sales go well enough to continue in Smiths - they are everywhere!
I keep looking but haven't seem it on sale in Smiths including in big stores in central Southampton and Gloucester = nothing! Not a hope with the smaller selection at motorway services! ?
Old 15 May 2022, 19:59   #272
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

I bought issue 11 in the Reading WHSmith and then went to HMV. It felt like the 90s!
Old 16 May 2022, 10:16   #273
PixelsAtDawn
Amiga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
I keep looking but haven't seem it on sale in Smiths including in big stores in central Southampton and Gloucester = nothing! Not a hope with the smaller selection at motorway services! ?
According to my list from the distributors - you should find AA in Eastleigh (or Fareham if you like). I know it's definitely been in Eastleigh as I've seen a photo of their shelves from a reader. I'm not sure why it's not in central Southampton, but we don't get a say in where it goes - bit of an oddity I guess.

As for Gloucester, it should be there too. But I can't guarantee they haven't sold out - my local sold out and I don't exactly live in a city.

As I understand, locations and stock amounts will be adjusted over time by the distributor based on sales. This is the first month as far as retail sales go for us, after all.
Old 18 May 2022, 20:40   #274
bent

Looking good, keep'em coming
Old 24 May 2022, 11:07   #275
Edders

The one thing that does get me (ever so slightly) miffed is that I see a lot of photographs on FB of people reading their Amiga-Addict mags bought in the shop, while I as a subscriber have not received mine yet. One of the perks of being a subscriber to a mag used to be that you received it about a week before it was out in the shops. I seem to receive mine (in the UK) at least a week later?

Apart from that - love the mag and very glad it is also available in the shops, which I hope will lead to a lot of people subscribing as well.
Old 24 May 2022, 15:18   #276
PixelsAtDawn
Amiga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edders View Post
The one thing that does get me (ever so slightly) miffed is that I see a lot of photographs on FB of people reading their Amiga-Addict mags bought in the shop, while I as a subscriber have not received mine yet. One of the perks of being a subscriber to a mag used to be that you received it about a week before it was out in the shops. I seem to receive mine (in the UK) at least a week later?

Apart from that - love the mag and very glad it is also available in the shops, which I hope will lead to a lot of people subscribing as well.
Unfortunately there's nothing we can do about that Edders - the printer sends a pallet to us and a pallet to the retail distributor on the same day. Obviously we stick the your copy in the post ASAP (we print all the envelopes etc ahead of time), but there's no way the post office will be quicker than a dedicated business with lorries running all day every day. Back in the day, Future Publishing and the like had their own printers and postage system as I understand it, so they had a better option.

What you do get as a subscriber is the guarantee you will get a copy (we get plenty of reports of people going into the shops to find it sold out), and also any extras we can give you (the disk labels, the recent RMC colouring book sample page) aren't available at retail. We'll be looking at other perks in the future.

Obviously the situation is very different now than in the 90s, we're still understanding what that means for our supporters. We clearly want to reward people giving us long-term support however we can.

Last edited by PixelsAtDawn; 24 May 2022 at 15:25.
Old 25 May 2022, 12:13   #277
Edders

Thank you for your reply PixelsAtDawn - makes perfect sense now that you've explained it.

And I realise that as subscribers we also get access to the digital download, which we can read before the mags turn up at any shop.

In any case, my copy has just arrived and I think it is yet another great issue. A big "thank you" to the whole team involved in its creation!
Old 05 June 2022, 16:05   #278
BigT

Any chance the Magazine could be shipped in a plastic bag (similar to RetroGamer). I just received a very soggy issue #12 that is unfortunately destined for recycling.... I have placed another order to replace it, but would like to avoid this situation in the future. Thx
Old 05 June 2022, 17:34   #279
elements

need to get me Amiga Addict magazine
Old 05 June 2022, 23:39   #280
PixelsAtDawn
Amiga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
Any chance the Magazine could be shipped in a plastic bag (similar to RetroGamer). I just received a very soggy issue #12 that is unfortunately destined for recycling.... I have placed another order to replace it, but would like to avoid this situation in the future. Thx
Sorry to hear about that BigT. Obviously we don't want you paying twice for a damaged magazine. If you drop us a mail at amiga@addict.media with some pictures of the damage and your old and new order number, we'll refund you the new order and claim back from the mail service. Please explain the situation in the e-mail as it won't necessarily get picked up by me.

We're not currently planning to move to plastic wrapping. Plastic waste is a huge problem in modern society, and we are trying to keep our packaging as recyclable as possible - many other magazines are now starting to move over to paper packaging, at least in the UK. We're keeping an eye on any shipping problems and we'll make changes if we need to, but the issues are currently few and far between.