English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 31 May 2019, 23:05   #21
Clark Kent

Can somebody explain how to use these bezels on the MacOS version? I didn’t find an option for that in the GUI?
Old 01 June 2019, 10:08   #22
Jason H

@Clark Kent - you first need the files installed in your main FS-UAE directory. Then you need to add the option in FS-UAE Launcher.app /Settings/Advanced/

example;
shader = /Users/<home folder>/Documents/FS-UAE/shaders/curvature.shader
theme = /Users/<home folder>/Documents/FS-UAE/Themes/Amiga/
Old 01 June 2019, 10:36   #23
Clark Kent

Thank you, I found that out by myself shortly. Is there some kind of manual what folders should be located in the FSUAE folder and how to use them? I found masks and overlays but do not know how to use them, didn’t find anything about that on the FSUAE website.
Old 05 June 2019, 03:59   #24
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

I like these bezels as well, however, I would probably prefer if the grey background and reflections were omitted. I think these really are two aspects of a 1084 that do not need to be reproduced.

A 100% black background without any reflection would give more chance for the Amiga picture to shine IMHO. Of course, everyone is entitled to their own tastes on that topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCRider View Post
I'm not sure I could tell the difference. Maybe it looked even a bit brighter.

I wonder if it may have something to do with me running it on macOS which, I believe, still doesn't have full shader support (a lot of those guest.r shaders doesn't work, for instance).
I also use a Mac (latest Mojave) and many of the shaders often linked on the EAB simply crash FS UAE if I attempt to use them.
Only the "curvature.shader" included in the archived linked in the initial post seems to be working fine, all others (crt-easymode-hl.shader, crt-easymode.shader, etc.) simply crash the launched emulator when starting the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
I mostly like these monitor bezels. Problem: You need a bigger monitor, e.g. 32 inch, or the viewable Amiga image area is too small.
Actually, I just measured on my 27" iMac and the height of the 1084 on screen is 0.5 cm bigger than that of my actual 1084.

So, with that theme, one needs a 27" monitor to faithfully reproduce a 14" 1084.

But all in all, the emulated image only occupies 2/3rd of the total height of my monitor so if the theme image was modified to increase the surface area allocated to the emulated screen, a smaller monitor would still allow to reproduce a CRT larger than what we were used to back then.
Old 29 March 2020, 00:17   #25
sharlee

I love this Bezel ! Great job!
Old 29 March 2020, 01:08   #26
Pyromania

Embrace the bezel!
Old 03 May 2020, 23:08   #27
p1start

This looks fantastic! Is there a way to decrease (or remove) the curvature in the screenlines-nonlinear-blur-hsl-curvature shader?