English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.WHDLoad

Old 20 July 2008, 15:32   #1
dword

I want to register WHDload but need info I want to use emu only+real amiga with cf

Hi I am wanting to register for whdload, heres the thing Im new to amiga and I want to use the whdload thats on my classic workbench, I have a cf flash card and amigakits adf kit and Im getting on fine. Anyway Is it possible for me to just pay direct with visa card without signing up for paypal? This is what I did with amigakit.

I also need information about the licensing , you see if I get a license will it be mapped to like one machine like the crazy xp validation? The reason I ask is I will be using the version from my classic workbench for emulation and for ease of use as a newbie i.e no need to install+ after a few days I plan to use it on my cf card on my amiga 1200. I will be doing alot of learning and possibly buying a new amiga one days so I just need to know whdload that I aint going to have to pay for it over and over again?

If someone can advise me on this it would be greatly appreciated and I will register straight away, would also be appreciative if someone could link me to the UK page where I pay by credit card, also I assume it wont cost more than £20 GBP?

I actually really want this software now but Im just hoping its a matter of me paying by credit card minimum of fuss and getting a keyfile that someohow I can use on whdload and that I can use that keyfile on another amiga at a later date? Im buying this product because it has support for dragons breath at least I THINK the whdload version works under emulation? and there was some other games like dungeon master I wanted to play.

I cant wait to try this product if it isnt to expensive and I can get some input .

I actually found this on a page

[$30] WHDLoad - The HD-Installer for OS-Killer
[$1] Donation to support the further WHDLoad development (enter amount you wish to donate)

As far as the $1 donation well its not the case that I have to donate as well as register to get 100% functionality is it?

Also this is the page I have found and am going to use to pay by credit card:
http://order.kagi.com/cgi-bin/store....ID=ONC&lang=en

Is that the right place? also I see that is the installer right? Even though I have the installer well:

Will that work on the cf hard drive with my classic workbench replacing the default one?
Another scenario , will I be able to just use some keyfile and just use the stock whdload(i.e NOT the bought installer initially just preinstalled version until I get past newbie status) in my emulated cf classic workbench enviroment?
Does the keyfile need online functionality to activate since I dont have that on my amiga?

Thanks all

btw I know I wont be able to use whdload on my real amiga for most if not all stuff until I get more ram however I will be using it under emulation

Last edited by dword; 20 July 2008 at 15:42.
Old 20 July 2008, 15:43   #2
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dword View Post
Is it possible for me to just pay direct with visa card without signing up for paypal?
Yes and it tells you this on the registration page.

http://www.whdload.de/reg.html

Quote:
Does the keyfile need online functionality to activate
Of course not.

Quote:
[do] I have to donate as well as register to get 100% functionality?
Of course not.
Old 20 July 2008, 15:57   #3
dword

Stick out tongue

Hiya thanks Im going to register then I have also sent a mail to the folk at whdload, its just with me running the preinstalled version of whdload until I am more familiar with the amiga OS. I am reading the registration page its just I am trying to make sure I know whats what as Im well behind in amiga terms to what you people know.

I may put a donation in as well after I have used the program a bit and I fully respect what the guy says about needing the money to support the project, I have done a good bit of coding on the PC side so I understand that what the authors are doing must be a massive undertaking. (So I dont resent paying the money its just I dont want caught out because I have missed something, hehe Im a born again newbie so now I understand what its like again hehe)

Thank you for your help

Actually looking forward to this product if I can use the older preinstalled version to start with
Old 20 July 2008, 16:04   #4
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

I am not familiar with Classic Workbench or what version it has, but I am sure that you just install over the top with one click of an icon.

I am 99% sure that new keyfiles work with older versions of WHDLoad (i.e. it's authentication is an algorithm, not a database)
Old 20 July 2008, 17:19   #5
Wepl

the keyfile also works with older whdload versions
Old 20 July 2008, 17:52   #6
dword

cheers all! I also got a fast reply to my mail as well, and as I was saying to bert well this is my 2nd attempt at finding my old a500+ and Im going to strip it down so once I have sorted my attic Im going to order!

Thanks again! (Ones things for sure Im finding doing all this very interesting)

Looks like Im screwed my payment method was declined even though everythings been verified as okay in other places and the acccount has money in it, I will try again later but the credit card system doesnt seem to be working right.

Last edited by dword; 20 July 2008 at 18:39.
Old 20 July 2008, 18:06   #7
Bloodwych

ClassicWB has the latest WHDLoad installed.

All you need to provide is the keyfile.
Old 20 July 2008, 18:50   #8
dword

KK Thanks , Im kinda worried about my whole issues trying to use the sites payment system though, its the only place I ever got declined at. Anyway I realise I cant go into that and I know my card is fine its just I hope the guy doesnt think I was trying to fraud him.

Anyway back on topic worse comes to the worst I will have to wait a few days I guess , really wtb whdload though
Old 20 July 2008, 19:17   #9
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

What's the dislike of signing up for PayPal??

Yes they are evil, part of a huge empire trying to take over the world, but they are damn cheap when it comes to sending money abroad and VERY easy to use!
Old 20 July 2008, 20:02   #10
dword

Alex thats exactly what I did , and it worked, I think there was a time when paypal wasnt very secure + you get alot of fraud type mails saying they are from paypal, although that isnt really paypals fault I guess, however they do seem to be a bit more secure now so I used them and it worked. I cant wait for my keyfile now woohooo! Was just having a laugh at my expense there as well, was saying to bert Im very unlucky, things that should be easy go belly up when I go near then haha.

I take it you have whdload alex? I cant wait to try the regged games as theres some really dam good ones! As mentioned I will be using on emulation only but I tested some games that were working like utter Cr*p and I run the whdload versions and they ran sweet so those guys must be doing many fixes and alot of work. This has cost me a fair bit of cash, but at least I dont need to worry about software when get another mig

Just have to update and say the games I tested thus far are working very well and I , after reading the docs expected to be waiting ages but I ended up getting the relevant stuff sent to me VERY VERY fast! , Im also emulating a cf flash HDD in winuae and its great! All the advice etc is helping big time, Im sure there will be times when things arent quite as straight forward but at least I can play some classic games now! + when I upgrade I have quality software which in its own way is as essential in some respects as quality hardware. Anyway really happy Im am getting lots working now thats another mission accomplished hehe

Just to finally say and this is kinda offtopic but I just tried my ps2 pad which plugs into a usb adaptor on rainbow islands and it works lol, that is class, I also sorted it to fullscreen but 640*480 and the game looks great! If anyone can send me in a pm the part of the config that correctly maps all the pad buttons that would be great , either way its not urgent as it still works well , its just I think its only utilising 3 of the buttons, I will look at how to redefine them someday but this is great for now!

Last edited by dword; 20 July 2008 at 23:47.
Old 21 July 2008, 00:20   #11
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
you get alot of fraud type mails saying they are from paypal
A reason why you never use an email account with you REAL name in the title. That way you can always identify Phishing emails. "Dear dword, you need to validicate you're PayPull acccount. Click on the link balow"[sic]

Quote:
I take it you have whdload alex?
I think I registered somewhere around the turn of the last century. And probably my most recent software purchase

Quote:
This has cost me a fair bit of cash
Fair bit?? It cost less than five pints?