English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 21 September 2007, 13:13   #41
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

its notably faster than even the 0.62 CE release

sound remains a little scratchy, but thankfully FOL is looking into that.
Old 23 October 2007, 17:31   #42
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
Is it a lot faster? I have the older version. Still need 1.5 firmware or are there hacks for newer firmware that work now?
Yes, if you have V0.62 below. Also yes, you can run it on higher firmwares, goto pspuae.com install instructions.

EDIT:- Doh, didnt see horace's post, lol
Old 03 January 2008, 20:42   #43
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Chilly willy has now joined us to help with PSPUAE. The new version is being built from the ground up.

If you dont know who he is, he is a big dev in the PSP community.
Old 03 January 2008, 23:42   #44
mrbob2

Cool, its been a while since pspuae. I tried it and the current version is miles behind the near perfect gp2x version. Itl be interesting to see what the psp is capable off. Good luck and hope its a cracker
Old 08 February 2008, 00:30   #45
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

While we wait for chilly's source update. I have been working on the old source and made some progress, . To save typing something out again, heres my post from www.pspuae.com

-------------------------

As you may have proberly noticed from the shoutbox posts. Im currently testing alot of stuff out on the 063 source (thought I had gone as far as I could with it).
Me being me, I hate giving up. So I went back over some stuff I tried before, and this time after getting a better understanding of the source.

I have now managed to get an extra 7 to 8 FPS, using max CPU and Frameskip 0. I have also been taking another look at the unreleased FAMEC source, and while I dont see the point in using it (to unstable), I have found alot of optimisations in the source that could be applied to 063 source.

So basically, I have halved the CPU cycles, which gave us the main speed increase. I have also moved the sound code from the unreleased FAMEC version, and im in the process of adding the other FAMEC blitter etc etc optimisations to the 063 source.

If people are wondering why I dont release the FAMEC version, its simple, because its not finished, its unstable and the speed it gives is the same as the current beta, thats being tested (which uses the Standard CPU core, NON FAMEC). I have now been working on the source on my own, as the other devs have vanished, they have taught me so much, just wish they had more time to work on PSPUAE.

Chilly has joined me to help, but until then, I will continue teaching myself with current source. This way you guys / gals dont have to wait for the new chilly willy version (which is obviously taking longer than originally thought). I see know point in pushing chilly as judging by his current PSP app releases, he does an awesome job and im happy to wait, .
Old 08 February 2008, 02:02   #46
kriz

Good work! Keep it up FOL.