English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 09 June 2018, 23:26   #1
-Acid-

Another Amiga Compact Flash Tutorial

I decided to have (another) crack at making an easy to follow guide so here it is - the first of four parts to go from Windows deskop to Amiga CF card for your A1200, A4000 or CD32.

I don't claim to know it all but this has worked fine for me for years, and I still see people asking the same questions over and over on forums.

Part one covers acquiring the files needed to get started, setting up a basic configuration in WinUAE then adding Classic WorkBench and access to your PC hard drive and finally preparation of PFS3AIO & 060 libraries.

[ Show youtube player ]

In part two we add PFS3AIO & 060 Libs to the Install disk then remove the MBR from our CF card with Disk Part. Then we give WinUAE permanent administrator rights and edit uaehf.device into the HDToolBox tooltypes for use in WinUAE. And to finish off we create a partition on the CF card, format it and temporarily copy CWB and the Install ADF to the card.

[ Show youtube player ]

Part three and this time out we are on our real Amiga. We start by writing the modified Install ADF to disk and then use it to read the real CF values on the card. Then we install the PSF3AIO file system into the RDB and create our partitions, set the partition buffers and max transfer rate before formatting the partitions and setting the max file name size.

[ Show youtube player ]

Final part - now we copy Classic WorkBench onto the card again and add loadmodule command into startup-sequence. Then we copy and rename the kickstart roms for WhdLoad and update to the latest version of WhdLoad. To end with we do a quick test of the card in a real Amiga to show WhdLoad working.

[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by -Acid-; 22 June 2018 at 00:22.