English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 15 May 2018, 20:56   #1
ProdigalAmigan

32 GB Compact Flash card in PCMCIA adapter not showing up!

Hello fellow Amigans!

Messing around a bit with my Amiga here and came up against a wall.
I have a SanDisk Compact Flash PCMCIA adapter that I have been using with a 4 GB and 8 GB card (in conjunction with FAT95), and they both mounts and work properly.

But this new SanDisk 32 GB CF card will not show up.

I am fine with either getting it to run FAT32 formatted OR if someone can guide me how to get it formatted PFS3 and mounted on my physical Amiga so I can backup my internal CF card for safekeeping (I bought the exact same kind of card for the PCMCIA adapter as I have working internally)

Very happy for any help to get this working...
Old 15 May 2018, 22:15   #2
fgh

Start with the setup that works with other PCMCIA cards as FAT95, and then quick format the new card.

Not all cards work in amiga pcmcia.
It's not 100% verified why, but it could be small differences from pcmcia spec in the amiga pcmcia port, differences from spec in the cards, or driver imperfections.
Old 15 May 2018, 22:43   #3
ProdigalAmigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgh View Post
Start with the setup that works with other PCMCIA cards as FAT95, and then quick format the new card.
I haven't changed any settings to the DEVSosdrivers/CF0 "device", and when I put the 32 GB card in it simply tells me "CF0 No Disk in Drive" or something similar Indicating that there is no "disk" in the CF adapter.

I was very much hoping I could just use the 32 GB card with the CF adapter just so I could back up my Amiga setup easy (I don't want to have to open up the Amiga to image the CF card inside everytime) :-)
Old 15 May 2018, 22:56   #4
fgh

Ok. It might be incompatible, but there are still a couple things to try.

1: Double check which version of compactflash.device you use (type version compact...) in shell
Use at least v1.27. (If you have 1.32 you could also try downgrading as I once had a card that stopped working when upgrading from 1.27 to 1.32)

2: Make sure it's not an 'activate=no' line in the mountfile that's fooling you.
If this line is there, CF0 will not be mounted until first access, to save ram.
Try simply typing CF0: in shell to check if it comes to life.

3: Read the readme and try the two flags/options described there for non-standard cards.

Good luck!
If it still doesn't work you could always mount the card reader out the rear expansion port
Old 16 May 2018, 11:38   #5
MigaTech
Only Amiga !!

Does this CF show up in HD tool box?