English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 24 June 2015, 20:29   #81
MrGimper

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesplease View Post
you will also need Xcode7 beta.

and follow the apple beta guide: "Launch your app on Devices using free provisoning"

https://developer.apple.com/library/...onDevices.html

free means you won't need a paid developer account to install the app on a real device.

good luck. And if you get stuck just come back to here and report.
Cheers. I'm a registered Apple Developer and already running iOS 9 beta 2, El Cap, and WatchOS 2 beta 2 Will give it a go
Old 24 June 2015, 20:55   #82
MrGimper

Hmm all fails miserably on Xcode 7 for me. Get lots of "Cast from pointer to smaller type 'unsigned int' loses information" in m68k_intrf.cpp

And about 50 warnings lol.
Old 27 June 2015, 11:04   #83
yesplease

Up and running speedball2 in xcode7beta2 and ios9beta2 simulator.

first it compiled without a problem as in xcode6, but of course a lot of warnings (don't take them too serious ;-) all works without take care of them)....

then when the iOS9b2 simulator started up, ..... no workbench hand...

and in the debugger a segmentation fault at Other Sources>uae>src>uae-src>drawing.cpp

in

static _INLINE_ void finish_drawing_frame (void) { }

it faults at

i1 = i + min_ypos_for_screen;
where = amiga2aspect_line_map[i1]; <-----here

because min_pos_for_screen is 183195648, a number way too high

In xcode6 the number is 42 which equals minfirstline (no joke !!! It seems xcode7 simply has a alternative definition of the ultimate question of live, the universe an everything https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrase...thing_.2842.29)

therefore I quick fixed it by for the time being by preceeding the line before it with following line

min_ypos_for_screen = minfirstline; //xcode7Beta2 patch <----the fix !!! you may also put 42 into it
i1 = i + min_ypos_for_screen;
where = amiga2aspect_line_map[i1];

Now games and workbench etc. all is running fine with sound and everything. happy

Last edited by yesplease; 27 June 2015 at 12:51.
Old 20 July 2015, 13:23   #84
yesplease

In case somebody is interested in this non jailbreaking story.

I just installed the iOS9 Beta on my ipod touch . And simply published the iUAE Emulator with XCode 7 Beta. No jailbreaking required anymore.

The emulator works now nicely on my iPod. I even can load directly games from Safari and use the "open in ..." interface on my ipod which also accepts zip files.
Old 27 July 2015, 22:05   #85
MrGimper

Quote:

I just installed the iOS9 Beta on my ipod touch . And simply published the iUAE Emulator with XCode 7 Beta. No jailbreaking required anymore.

The emulator works now nicely on my iPod. I even can load directly games from Safari and use the "open in ..." interface on my ipod which also accepts zip files.
Many thanks for helping me out to get this running on my iPad and iPhone
Old 28 July 2015, 14:29   #86
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

I have a work iPhone that I do not "manage". Is it possible when on iOS 9 to publish iUAE to that or do I need the iTunes password? Would be nice to have Amiga. Don't want two phones either
Old 29 July 2015, 12:52   #87
yesplease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanoid View Post
I have a work iPhone that I do not "manage". Is it possible when on iOS 9 to publish iUAE to that or do I need the iTunes password? Would be nice to have Amiga. Don't want two phones either
You do --NOT-- have to tell XCode the iTunes-Account/Password for the signature and publishing. But you have to tell XCode your AppleID for code signing, which can of course differ from the iTunes-Account. For "free" publishing on a "company managed device" in iOS9 where you even don't have the right to install apps from the app store that may be sufficient. But you really have to try your self when iOS9 is on your phone.
Old 30 July 2015, 21:33   #88
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Quote:
You do --NOT-- have to tell XCode the iTunes-Account/Password for the signature and publishing. But you have to tell XCode your AppleID for code signing, which can of course differ from the iTunes-Account. For "free" publishing on a "company managed device" in iOS9 where you even don't have the right to install apps from the app store that may be sufficient. But you really have to try your self when iOS9 is on your phone.
Awesome... that sounds plausible. I can install apps to the device using my ApplieID fine... so sounds like as soon as we get iOS9 I will be emulating happily. Thanks!
Old 01 August 2015, 07:30   #89
yashijoe

Quote:

Hi yesplease,

is there a chance you will upload somewhere the fixed project without rom of course?
Thanks for helping us, I'm a emulators and Amiga fan
y.

Old 04 September 2015, 08:14   #90
yesplease

Hi yashijoe,
I would like to put it into the zone for you, but unfortunately it is 24MB big. The zone allows only 20MB. I will write you a pm.
Old 04 September 2015, 15:16   #91
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Hi yashijoe,
I would like to put it into the zone for you, but unfortunately it is 24MB big. The zone allows only 20MB. I will write you a pm.
Compression?
Old 05 September 2015, 06:49   #92
LocalH
Amiga user since 1990

Anyone feel like making an iOS 7/8 compatible IPA of this newer version for jailbroken devices? The version on Cydia doesn't run properly (emulator UI works, overall app doesn't hang, but after choosing the ADF and starting emulation, nothing happens emulation-wise except a black screen).
Old 05 September 2015, 18:05   #93
yesplease

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Compression?
the zip file has 24 mb
Old 05 September 2015, 18:06   #94
yesplease

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalH View Post
Anyone feel like making an iOS 7/8 compatible IPA of this newer version for jailbroken devices? The version on Cydia doesn't run properly (emulator UI works, overall app doesn't hang, but after choosing the ADF and starting emulation, nothing happens emulation-wise except a black screen).
Which version do you try ?

I run the version of Emufreak v108 but slightly modified for ios9. From here http://www.iuae-emulator.net . In fact I patched only one line of the source code to make it work again And i took out the cydia references.

I tried to make it display Hires resolution 640x200. Because workbench looks so ugly in lowres. But I didn't found a quick simple setting in the source code. I ended up altering a lot of code lines with the result of having 640x200 resolution but only in a 320x200 canvas. Only half of the workbench is visible the other half is clipped.

Last edited by yesplease; 05 September 2015 at 18:34.
Old 05 March 2016, 06:06   #95
xArtx

Is this the current Xcode?
I paid up the Apple developer fee again just to run UAE, only to find the UAE source broken bastards!
It was handy to be able to dump Amiga RAM any time.
Old 05 March 2016, 09:47   #96
Vot

Quote:
Originally Posted by xArtx View Post
I paid up the Apple developer fee again just to run UAE, only to find the UAE source broken bastards!

Is there any particular reason you paid for a developer license ?

http://9to5mac.com/2015/06/10/xcode-...apps-for-free/
Old 05 March 2016, 14:23   #97
xArtx

I didn’t know about that, but still have Apps in the App Store that get another year run.
I was always hoping to get a commercial game to put out for free like Megaball,
but it’s difficult to even contact some of the old programmers let alone ask for a free game license.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vot View Post
Is there any particular reason you paid for a developer license ?

http://9to5mac.com/2015/06/10/xcode-...apps-for-free/
Old 21 March 2016, 13:22   #98
yesplease

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by xArtx View Post
Head over to https://github.com/emufreak/iAmiga Take the dev branch, take a recent Xcode . Remove the runscript for the Cydia stuff under project settings. And it should compile without a single warning.