English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware mods

Old 15 June 2018, 18:06   #41
Chucky

will read up but YES! it will be all open. gerbers and all free for download! as it should be
Old 15 June 2018, 18:42   #42
Chucky

Anyway. Board will require a 5/5 mil tolerance and 0,3mm drillings. this might push price higher somewhat. as that is simply what I have as a setting when I draw this.
Old 15 June 2018, 20:28   #43
Mick

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
Since Indivision is no longer making the ACA630, he should really just give away all the layout files for free so anybody can manufacture new ACA630 boards. And while he's at it, we also need the VHDL source code for any CPLDs/FPGAs (if applicable) on there so we can recreate those as well. Sounds fair to demand that? Not to me..
Well Jens is a businessman running a business rather than a hobbyist with a separate job so you can't really expect him to act out of generosity or community spirit. If he's not selling ACA630 then you can assume he doesn't see enough demand in them or there's not enough profit to be had, whereas A500+ PCB would have demand and could be sold at 10 times manufacturing cost but it's simply being withheld with no view to making money out of it.

I recently made a thread alerting people to stocks of some rare parts when I could just have easily kept quiet and sold them on at a profit but that's not what being part of a community is about in my view. If people aren't acting as part of the community then they must be in it for the business, in which case why is it not for sale when there is clearly demand? it just comes across to me that if they aren't sharing and aren't selling something people want then they just don't want others to have access to it.

It's a free country and I'm not one of those who'd call for big government to force people to do what they don't want I'm just voicing my opinion. I think hese has done probably the fairest thing with his 4000+ motherboard, whereby he is selling PCB's himself until demand collapses and then releasing the files publically for anyone who may want one later. He's made money for the terrific work he's done which nobody can deny he deserves and is acting in the communities interest longer term.
Old 15 June 2018, 20:49   #44
jediknight

all boards that have been made should be released for all , the people who create these boards are not the original owners and dont own them , so they should all be available for anyone who wants to make and build one simple as that.

in effect they are copying copyrighted material so i think public domain is a priority .
Old 15 June 2018, 22:37   #45
solidcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Well Jens is a businessman running a business rather than a hobbyist with a separate job so you can't really expect him to act out of generosity or community spirit. If he's not selling ACA630 then you can assume he doesn't see enough demand in them or there's not enough profit to be had, whereas A500+ PCB would have demand and could be sold at 10 times manufacturing cost but it's simply being withheld with no view to making money out of it.

I recently made a thread alerting people to stocks of some rare parts when I could just have easily kept quiet and sold them on at a profit but that's not what being part of a community is about in my view. If people aren't acting as part of the community then they must be in it for the business, in which case why is it not for sale when there is clearly demand? it just comes across to me that if they aren't sharing and aren't selling something people want then they just don't want others to have access to it.

It's a free country and I'm not one of those who'd call for big government to force people to do what they don't want I'm just voicing my opinion. I think hese has done probably the fairest thing with his 4000+ motherboard, whereby he is selling PCB's himself until demand collapses and then releasing the files publically for anyone who may want one later. He's made money for the terrific work he's done which nobody can deny he deserves and is acting in the communities interest longer term.
Agreed 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
will read up but YES! it will be all open. gerbers and all free for download! as it should be
Good to hear, in this case (but not in all cases ) this is the best option.

Quote:
Anyway. Board will require a 5/5 mil tolerance and 0,3mm drillings. this might push price higher somewhat. as that is simply what I have as a setting when I draw this.
Yeah that does sound like price will get a little icky with the 5mil... but it'll be worth it. are you planning on selling at cost+packaging to recoup some of the moneys?

Also need to get hold of you on irc. you busy guy
Old 15 June 2018, 23:09   #46
Chucky

I will sell boards and as I do with the 3660 PCBs. I will NOT sell them for the productioncost.. I have actually made some money by it. and I will do the same with those PCBs.. BUT! it will be up to anyone to do own pcbs. even sell. however my boards will be watermarked.. and somewhat like TF does. if you have an issue with a board that is bought from me. I will try (TRY!) to help. but if not I cannot be sure they are ordered with the correct tolerance etc. (but NO! it will not include full support yaddayadda)

As I am not doing this for the money. I will not care if ppl sell solutions with it. as. I am just happy not being forced soldering shitloads of boards.
Old 16 June 2018, 10:50   #47
Chucky

For you who just want to have a peek:

http://www.hertell.nu/files/A1200-pcb.zip
Old 17 June 2018, 00:35   #48
Chucky

So bottom layer 95% done or so. and 100% of all passives have pick+place data.

top layer like 90% done components still needs to be "placed" for pick+place.

Then I need to do VCC+GND and the tripple+quadruple check I did on the 3640..
Old 17 June 2018, 14:29   #49
Yulquen74

Chucky: Are the inner layers of the A1200 MB solid ground and VCC planes (ignoring vias), or are there a bunch of signal traces there as well?
Old 17 June 2018, 15:32   #50
Chucky

What I know no logical traces.. i will however investigate that when I have done top and bottom layers done. I know the 4000D have SOME signal traces in innner layers.
Old 23 June 2018, 11:43   #51
Chucky

OK i will ask for opinions.

I am thinking of adding a OPTIONAL cpu slot solution. I was thinking of using kippers PCI solution. but as it requires the PCI connector to be mounted downwards there is a slight issue...

1. at blue part. put in holes that fits some industry standard connector. like PCI, PCI-EX or so.. OWN pinout..

OR

2. use the kipper version. (PCI) but as it reuires the PCI connector to be located at the bottom. I would need to put a copy of the amigaheader (in orange of picture) at the blue loccation. where you solder pins. and ontop of that solder a solution like the kipper one (but somewhat streched) so you can use a PCI connector and from that work on,..

what would be the best way?
Old 23 June 2018, 12:32   #52
voyager
The show must go on.

Send a message via MSN to voyager
it was available, I would really liked to build my own a500
Old 23 June 2018, 12:57   #53
PR77

I'm for option 1. Option 2 may be difficult to package as space on the bottom of the PCB with respects to the housing is limited.

Option 1 gives support to existing hardware and new hardware options. But, do you think it is "routable" with a PCI and 150pin Amiga connector?
Old 23 June 2018, 12:59   #54
Chucky

I would use the inner layers to connect signals to that connector..
Old 23 June 2018, 15:21   #55
PR77

Quote:
I would use the inner layers to connect signals to that connector..
True. You are not restricted to a specific pinning on the PCI (if that is what you choose).
Old 23 June 2018, 17:30   #56
solidcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager View Post
it was available, I would really liked to build my own a500
working on an a500+ rev 8 pcb now... if interested we can discuss in pm.
Old 23 June 2018, 20:33   #57
Yulquen74

option 1. Adding some holes for an optional connector does not harm the overall design, so why not.
Old 11 July 2018, 00:03   #58
Chucky

I am now in final testingperiod. This will take some time as I want to be sure..
so I guess after the Edison demoparty.. I will order a test-PCB-run maybe. I would LOVE to have some PCBs with me to the Datastorm demoparty..
Old 11 July 2018, 00:27   #59
Marlon_
AmigaDev.com

Quote:
I am now in final testingperiod. This will take some time as I want to be sure..
so I guess after the Edison demoparty.. I will order a test-PCB-run maybe. I would LOVE to have some PCBs with me to the Datastorm demoparty..
Hmm, Edison piqued my interest. Not that far from where I am.
Old 14 July 2018, 05:33   #60
nexus

to bad i cant send you a scan of my A1200 rev 1D

here are pics of it
http://www.bigbookofamigahardware.co...68e5d2ed84.jpg
http://www.bigbookofamigahardware.co...0f13441c15.jpg

Last edited by nexus; 14 July 2018 at 05:38.