English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 09 November 2003, 13:35   #1
cebulba

AD&D SSI Limited Edition Collectors Set existing??!

hello @all:

I have just aquired an originally boxed BIG Goldbox compilation by SSI AD&D games called: "AD&D Limited Edition Collector's Set" including, "Pool of Radiance, Curse of Azure Bonds, Hillsfar, Heroes of Lance, Dragons of Flame"...
disks are labelled with "limited edition" and also there is included a certificate which shows number 1463 of 5000.

I never thought this one is really existing - as only PC compilations were available in the 80's.

I have some questions on it:
1) Does anybody out there got an additional one?
2) are there some more limited editions existing (think of a Forgotten Realms or Savage Frontier one...like in IBM DOS platforms)
3) my compilation is missing the "5 limited edition collectors cards" - does anybody know anything about these?
4) should this one be added to Hol?!?

Hope one's able to help here...

regards,
Olli K.
Old 09 November 2003, 17:05   #2
§ane

Re: AD&D SSI Limited Edition Collectors Set existing??!

Advanced
Dungeons&Dragons
Certificate
of Authenticity

The Companions of the Lance
hereby bestow upon you the right
of ownership for the
ADVANCED DUNGEONS & DRAGONS®
Limited Edition Collectors Set
for the Amiga
number No. 3890 of 5000.

I had to kill to obtain mine!

Quote:
Originally posted by cebulba
2) are there some more limited editions existing (think of a Forgotten Realms or Savage Frontier one...like in IBM DOS platforms)
One can only hope so. Oh, do I want the Krynn saga!

While we're on the subject, I have the "Advanced Dungeons & Dragons (2nd Edition): Masterpiece Collection", a compilation of six PC-DOS RPGs (over four CD-ROMs), is this worth anything to any person? Regrettably, I've never played any of them.

Quote:
3) my compilation is missing the "5 limited edition collectors cards" - does anybody know anything about these?
Here are scans.
Old 10 November 2003, 14:42   #3
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Cool

@Sane. I think we must've been a tad more blessed down in Oz, (for once), as I have the same Gold Box set too. I seem to recall there was a thread about this in the past & there were many territories that didn't know about this compilation.

Unfortunately, a couple of original disks within Curse of the Azure Bonds, & Pools have corrupted/died with age & a buggered Amiga drive not helping at the time either. But a nice compilation, although Heroes of the Lance & Dragons of Summer Flame arcade crap games were an abomination on the excellent original Dragonlance books!

BTW-thanks for your assistance with Raft-Away River on the C64 mate,much appreciated!
Old 10 November 2003, 15:26   #4
Amigaboy

It's a very common pack in Australia. I have 2 of it myself, even though I absolutely hate the games on it (I'm not a fan of the genre).

I have 3966 and 4682 of 5000. If I really tried, I bet I could find lower numbers. I see this pack at flea markets and eBay Australia all the time.

A little tip to everyone: Always check out eBay Australia for Amiga games. I've noticed that Aussies have a lot of rarities and obscurities floating about. I'm no exception. I wish I had most of the common games on the Amiga....My collection is probably 80% obscure

Old 10 November 2003, 15:41   #5
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Going slightly O/T,but gotta agree with Miggyboy. I remember getting a compilation called Chart Attack on the Amiga, with Lotus, Venus the Flytrap,James Pond,& a 1 disk version of Ghouls that was compiled by Mindscape whom were quite big on the games distribution front here at the time-but I don't think that compilation necessarily featured much O/S-with the exception of Ghouls, the other games amde it very worthwhile-Ghouls lost further points by losing a song or two being crammed onto 1 disk rather than the original 2 disk version!

Think I got as far as removing 3 or 4 bonds in Curse of the Azure Bonds, but after getting bored & leaving it,completely lost track of where I was stuck at! The battles lasted an absolute age!
Old 10 November 2003, 17:49   #6
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Must have been more common here in Australia because I've got the AD&D Limited Edition Collector's Set too. Don't know if I've got the cards......must pull my copy out and check. Finally, I doubt if there were any other limited edition sets released by SSI for the Amiga.
Old 13 November 2003, 22:59   #7
cebulba

Want these cards *g* !

Hi folks...

well...
I got my compilation from Australia, too. But I have never seen it on Ebay worldwide - and believe me, I'm watching all countries every day

So, anybody willing to trade these cards? or the complete Compilation? also cash would be acceptable...

I'm able to offer games to trade from my personal collection of vintage software - with more than 2000 (really!) originally boxed AMIGA games...

I'm collecting SSI games in special (also other platforms) and that's why I'm after these cards...
by the way I'm also looking for an original of DARK QUEEN OF KRYNN CLUE BOOK...or a scan.

@sane:
Thanks for the scans. Do I have to murder you to get the original cards ?
Old 15 November 2003, 06:46   #8
Adeptus
epun umop ap!sdn

I have #3012
Also Death Knights of Krynn, & Dragon Strike (dragon flight sim)
So... what are these worth?
Old 22 November 2003, 17:20   #9
cebulba

more compilations

I have just aquired another Collection - which is in a big grey box.
It contents: Hillsfar, Heroes of Lance and Dragons of Flame.

It's the same version like published for DOS so I assume there are more compilations existing.

I just was contacted by a member who stated that the AD&D collection we are here talking about was limited for DOS, also - but only 3000 pieces were available...

And I would like to ask any of you out there if you can send me magazine scans (english ones like CU AMIGA) on ANY SSI game...

I only got the German printing magazines....would be interesting for me to see how much these games have been rated in foreign countries...

thx a lot.
Olli K.
Old 22 November 2003, 18:19   #10
jmmijo

I remember Interplay releasing a compilation similar to this for the PC/DOS arena. I have this one myself, however, it came compiled only on CD-ROM's and not floppys like the originals were released on
Old 20 October 2020, 12:02   #11
Eskel

I have a copy of this, in good condition with Certificate of Authenticity. Happy to take offers.