English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Music

Old 05 February 2024, 02:46   #1
bcass

Looking for "Where Time Stood Still" Music File(s)

As per title. Has this game had its music ripped yet?
Old 05 February 2024, 04:33   #2
SToS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcass View Post
As per title. Has this game had its music ripped yet?

See The Zone.
Old 05 February 2024, 12:36   #3
bcass

Thank you!

BTW, what is the story behind the Amiga release of this game? I recently saw it on a youtube video of unreleased Amiga games. Back in the 80s, I only ever saw the Spectrum and Atari ST versions on shelves. The versions on youtube seem to use the "WTSSRemix(rc1).mod". Is this also by Fred Gray, or a fan remix?
Old 05 February 2024, 12:57   #4
SToS

Quote:
BTW, what is the story behind the Amiga release of this game? I recently saw it on a youtube video of unreleased Amiga games. Back in the 80s, I only ever saw the Spectrum and Atari ST versions on shelves. The versions on youtube seem to use the "WTSSRemix(rc1).mod". Is this also by Fred Gray, or a fan remix?

Honestly, I knew nothing about an Amiga port until I saw your request and thought.... challenge accepted.
However it was no challenge and took about 5 minutes to Google search for it and rip the MOD's.

I'm not a game player, but I do relish ripping/cracking/reverse engineering stuff.
Old 05 February 2024, 13:03   #5
bcass

Quote:
Originally Posted by SToS View Post
I'm not a game player, but I do relish ripping/cracking/reverse engineering stuff.
Amiga only, or also other formats? There's a lot of Acorn Archimedes games that need music rips. Often they used their own formats, or MOD / Tracker-style formats that were not exactly the same as those on the Amiga.
Old 05 February 2024, 13:34   #6
SToS

Quote:
Amiga only, or also other formats?

Atari ST/e, Amiga, MS-DOS, Archimedes/Risc PC, ZX Spectrum, Amstrad CPC, Sega Mega Drive/Genesis and on odd occasions Arcade ROMS/Mame.

From experience, ripping the MOD's/music on the Archimedes is usually straight forward; it's playing the format on another platform.

I'm no expert in MOD's/music as I mainly concentrate on graphics ripping and protection/compression reversing.
Old 05 February 2024, 13:38   #7
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
The Amiga version is a modern (2014) back-port of the Atari ST version done by EAB members. Mainly Galahad of Fairlight and the music by ADRDesign. With contributions from others :

https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=74528
Old 05 February 2024, 14:00   #8
bcass

Quote:
Atari ST/e, Amiga, MS-DOS, Archimedes/Risc PC, ZX Spectrum, Amstrad CPC, Sega Mega Drive/Genesis and on odd occasions Arcade ROMS/Mame.

From experience, ripping the MOD's/music on the Archimedes is usually straight forward; it's playing the format on another platform.

I'm no expert in MOD's/music as I mainly concentrate on graphics ripping and protection/compression reversing.
If it is of interest to you, then please have a look at the following thread I created a while back:

https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=115362

I have added some additional game files in the link in the first post for games that would be nice to have soundtrack rips of.
Old 05 February 2024, 14:02   #9
bcass

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
The Amiga version is a modern (2014) back-port of the Atari ST version done by EAB members. Mainly Galahad of Fairlight and the music by ADRDesign. With contributions from others :

https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=74528
Thanks for the info. Seems like a lot of effort went into that.
Old 05 February 2024, 15:14   #10
SToS

Quote:
If it is of interest to you, then please have a look at the following thread I created a while back:

https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=115362

I have added some additional game files in the link in the first post for games that would be nice to have soundtrack rips of.

On quick inspection....

BallArena : Seems to used Riscos SWI's for audio so unlikely to be "ripped" to other systems; maybe unless your a musician to convert it.

Lost Temple : File "LosTemp1/!TEMPLE/GameDir/Sound,cb6" in LosTemp1 folder is an Archimedes Tracker MOD and can be played with XMP.

Nevryon : Custom sound player. Maybe capture from emulator or soundcard?

Drop Ship : Custom ^^^

Magnetoids : Uses Digital Symphony, so possible if the main code file can be unpacked as I think the data is inside the main code. I'll maybe have a look into that.

Fred : Again, an Archimedes Tracker MOD "FredTune,ffd" can be played with XMP.
Old 05 February 2024, 16:33   #11
bcass

Quote:
Lost Temple : File "LosTemp1/!TEMPLE/GameDir/Sound,cb6" in LosTemp1 folder is an Archimedes Tracker MOD and can be played with XMP.
That file only seems to contain the title screen music. Subsongs are the same track. There should also be different tunes for each stage, game over / high scores, and ending sequence. I guess these might be embedded in some of the other files on disk 2.
Old 05 February 2024, 17:52   #12
SToS

As I don't know what music is supposed to play, so I can't really confirm anything definite.
What I have found is that XMP shows that there are 5 sub songs and it plays them each, although they all seem to be quite similar to start with.

You can choose a sequence using the -z switch in XMP.
There is also this tracker player here https://github.com/richardjwild/arctracker that works well.

As for disk 2, it is all level map data and graphics from what I have seen. It's funny that all the graphics are easily ripped and in plain sight!

The only other problem that the MOD is not playing all sub sequences is that the players are "broken" or can't handle the format correctly?

I can't really test on real hardware at this point as my Strongarm RiscPC is out of action for the foreseeable future
Old 05 February 2024, 17:54   #13
bcass

I tested it on BZR Player for Windows, so that might be the problem with the sub-tunes.
Old 05 February 2024, 18:04   #14
bcass

Just tested the Lost Temple SOUND file in (Archimedes) Tracker and all the tracks play perfectly. Here are the offsets for the subtunes:

TUNE 01: POS=0000
TUNE 02: POS=0020
TUNE 03: POS=0033
TUNE 04: POS=0049
TUNE 05: POS=0070