English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.UAE Wishlist

Old 04 January 2008, 19:58   #1
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

autoswitch between hires and lowres ?

Sorry if you find this stupid or useless,
but i just want to know if this is possible for winuae to switch between hires and low res accordingly when the original screen is in hires or lowres ?
by exemple with agony the introduction with the logo etc is more beautiful with hires set, but the rest of the game is more blocky with this setup.
If this is possible you could add a switch to disable or enable the auto change between hires and lowres ?
For the moment there is no perfect solution, i have to choose between better intro or a better display in game.
ps: it's not really important but.....it could be better.But again thank you Toni.

Last edited by turrican3; 04 January 2008 at 20:18.
Old 05 January 2008, 06:40   #2
Marlon

What he said. Auto-switching would be ace.
Old 05 January 2008, 12:02   #3
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I am 110% sure I have seen and replied to this question multiple times already..
Old 05 January 2008, 12:23   #4
NLS
Ancient User

...so we should try to use "search" with what terms to reach your actual replies?
Old 05 January 2008, 15:02   #5
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
I am 110% sure I have seen and replied to this question multiple times already..
I remember question for black borders, your answer was if i remember well impossible because some games use different resolutions in the same time.
Perhaps it's the same answer for this one but if it's possible to make an option which can be disabled for the games with multi resolutions at the same time ?
But i suppose it's a little bit harder to implement it than implement hq2x ?
Old 05 January 2008, 18:57   #6
ceztko

Quote:
Often can be not trivial to find right keywords for a search in the forum, looking for possible previous answers to a very specific question. Why don't you consider personally redacting a faq about winuae? I'm not talking about a general uae/amiga emulation faq, but only those frequently questions about inner working of the emulator. Just wondering that 90% of these questions could be related to graphics output and relation between host native and amiga emulated resolutions, so it would not be such a long task.
Old 05 January 2008, 20:02   #7
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

It was too easy, for example "resolution" and restrict search to this forum: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=22517

and answer to your next question is also replied multiple times: I don't do documentation.
Old 05 January 2008, 20:11   #8
NLS
Ancient User

So someone else does? (I could be involved in such a task - I've done it before... in fact some Amiga software docs back then, had my name - I suspect still have...)
Old 05 January 2008, 21:03   #9
ceztko

Quote:
and answer to your next question is also replied multiple times: I don't do documentation.
The time you spent replying already answered questions is time you could just gain totally ignoring them. The problem here is only yours, not ours (users).

However, from a developing perspective, not doing any documentation (that is boring like hell, all agree), is not a so serious issue. The REAL problem is poorly documented/commented source code. And you have to admit this a bad habit, inherited from Bernd and Brian from what I could see...
Old 05 January 2008, 23:48   #10
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

And then people ask why I won't reply (because I am quite sure others won't answer or are not sure about the answer). It is lose-lose situation for me. So I answer quickly and straight to the point. I don't care if the answer is crappy. (and it is nothing personal)

Problem is that there are not many persons that understand how emulators generally work _AND_ have real-world experience with Amiga hardware (programmed hardware bashing demos or games, system programming or just reading the HRM won't help)

It took me years to understand UAE and it still confuses me sometimes.. which also means I just hack and code things because I have to do "everything" alone.. (which for example results in ugly GUI code because I hate GUI coding but it still has to be done..)

(this got totally offtopic but whatever..)