English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 27 July 2001, 20:37   #1
Maverick357

Unhappy Syndicate: mission bugged or not ?

Hello,

I am playing 'Syndicate' but the game is very buggy.
- First the pathfinder is a real nightmare, you click to send your cyborg somewhere and them find not the way to go to.
In case of rush, you are dead meat.

- The ennemis don't respect the rules of the games, they have unlimited ammos to shoot you
If an ennemy shoot at you, the cop don't shoot on him but on you if you use a weapon
The ennemy can be at the same position than one of your cyborg, when you need to select another cyborg to move it, that take time and you loose some cyborg.

- Some mission is unplayable, for example: the station in the atlantic sea, you are killed in the 30 sec. after the mission start, if you have bad luck. Maybee 20 ennemis come with machine gun and you shield is useless (you must choose: your gun or your shield, you cannot use it in same time). And when you are shooted from so many ennemy's, you cannot shoot back !!

Now i have done it, but with cheating ! I am immortal
And have so much money

If a target is in or after a house, you cannot see it, but he can shoot you the time that you are searching to shoot him, and you are dead !!

Now i have try to fullfill a mission in 'Mozanbique', somewhere in the south-Africa.
I must get an item(secret weapon) on the roof of a big blockhaus but there is no way to reach it.
One of time, my cyborg is fallen from top (ouside of it) to groundlevel of this blockhaus (inside the blockhaus) and have never find the exit.

Another time i have searched more than one hour after have killing all ennemy to find a way to reach the item, but never find it.

Have somebody, completed this mission and can give me the way to get this item or the mission is unplayable ?

Another one, in Colombie in central-America, there must be an ambulance stolen and let a doctor to get in to continue the mission to next target, but the doctor come to the ambulance and never step in, he just walk around on the street. The doctor is not and MUST not be persuaded.

Have somebody, completed this mission and can give me the trick to get this doctor in the ambulance or the mission is unplayable too ?

It is very frustrating no terminate a game !
If you can help me to complete this mission(s), i will able to see the end game screen (or animation maybee)

<akira>
Mate, don't write your signature directly. Use the UserCP panel to set up your personal sig.
</akira>

Last edited by Amiga1992; 27 July 2001 at 21:20.
Old 27 July 2001, 21:04   #2
TikTok

If you think these missions are hard, you should try the American Revolt expansion disk
Old 27 July 2001, 21:24   #3
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

When I get home maverick, I'll post it for you
Old 27 July 2001, 21:57   #4
Maverick357

ok i am waiting for your help

And for 'Syndicate: American revolt' it is another set of four adf or just an scenario data disk ?

Have you an url to find it ?

Thanks
Old 27 July 2001, 22:23   #5
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Maverick, I do not remember where I got it, just that it is an expansion single disk Be patient ere your request shall be granted before long
Old 27 July 2001, 23:00   #6
Amiga1992

Somebody posetd it here already, but I BET it is in any of teh common ADF sites. Please look for it before somebody posts it for nothing.
Old 27 July 2001, 23:23   #7
Maverick357

Hello,

Before and while i had asking for an url to find an adf of 'American revolt', i had search for it on googles without find it

Then i have remember me an old bookmark of site for Amiga roms that are not very updated (last news is 16.1.2001) but have a good selection.

This is where i got an copy of 'Syndicate' for Amiga.

Yes, i find one at this url:
http://amiga.supergamez.hu/GamesS-/S...mericanRev.zip if somebody is interested to download from there.
Old 27 July 2001, 23:33   #8
Maverick357

Hello,

Just to say if somebody is interested i have the manual of Syndicate.

The Syndicate manual is in pdf version (from the Amiga version if i look at the screenshot inside(graphics from the Amiga not the pc version)) is a perfect reproduction of the manual from page one to page 59 (with copyright/credits notice ).

But now Syndicate is legal, so no problem of copyright
Old 27 July 2001, 23:35   #9
Amiga1992

I told you, search and you will find

Talking about Syndicate, I found it mean as hell as well... There was one particular mission I could never pass, and I think I left the game there. Itw as one where about 4 otehr syndicates were rampage on a city, all of them taking it on the other... complete fucking mayhem, after walking round there for a minute, we were blasted by quite a zillion pounds of ammo coming from Gauss guns :P

All teh points you have raised really make the game quite a bit more difficult. I never thought about them before, but they are really quite buggy! (Unless Peter Molyneux wanted us to suffer )
Old 27 July 2001, 23:50   #10
Maverick357

If you have 'game trainer', a cheat tools for pc, you can freeze some adress memory of the emulator to become immortal

Other else there are too many of time that you are killed (with all the mods and gauss gun too), or that your target that need come with you through all the maplevel are killed by the last ennemy (you target follow very slow and the pathfinder is a real nightmare, i have lost a lot of cyborg (before i become immortal) just went the get lost in small street or in houses).

Last edited by Maverick357; 28 July 2001 at 00:04.
Old 28 July 2001, 00:03   #11
TikTok

Bah, the games of today have made you all soft!
Old 28 July 2001, 00:37   #12
Amiga1992

TikTk, agreed I'll never cheat, you completely spoil the game. There's no point in cheating to me, so I never do.
Old 28 July 2001, 01:14   #13
Maverick357

For some games, you never have the choice, you must cheating for continue to play.

I like too to try to beat the game, but some are cheating too or have some part of the game too difficult (or too bugged to play).

For example of cheating game: syndicate

In Syndicate, the ennemies cyborgs have unlimited ammos, they can shoot you hours if they want and never have ammos problems.

But you, the player, if you use all you ammos, you are death meat.

For the missions, in the middle of atlantic (the hardest i think), i have try to play it honestly and strategy, i have used my shield and wait for the ammos of the ennemies are gone but this never happend because they have unlimited ammos !!!
and they are maybee 20 ennemies cyborg shooting you with machine guns, killing only one before he killing you is very very hard, you cannot use both weapon and shield at the same time,
but your shield is gone very fast
So, what to do if you want continue to play ?

If a computer oppenent dont respect the rules and cheat, why can i not do the same and cheat too ?

When a game is playable (for an medium arcade player, not an expert) and respect the rules then i never cheat, i respect the rules of the games and play it honestly

Last edited by Maverick357; 28 July 2001 at 01:33.
Old 28 July 2001, 01:42   #14
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

That's a very good point because quite a number of games do not play fair.
Old 28 July 2001, 01:45   #15
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

True, but realize that we are armed with intellect, and so the programmers had to compensate...albeit ridiculously so...and often.
Old 28 July 2001, 03:25   #16
TikTok

I'm not sure if *any* games play completely fair when you think about it. Sure, the enemies in Syndicate can't run out of ammo - but can any bad guys in any games? Even in modern FPS games it ususally doesn't happen.

I think I managed to complete the Atlantic Accelerator in Syndicate - you just needs lots of patience, loads of Guass Guns, and a whole ton of luck
Old 28 July 2001, 21:29   #17
Amiga1992

The computer peeps do whatever they want really, it's you intruding their world The programmer set the rules, not you, so how you know the computer breaks the rules and you don't?

You have to adequate to that. When a game is really really tough, the fun is bigger once you get to beat it, that's why I never cheat.

And that's why I love R-Type It's a game that needs mastering. I've been playing it for quiet some time and I haven't beat it yet, but taht does not make me go out and cheat on it. I want to do it on my own.. If I cheat I spoil teh end, and my goal is not just to 'finish it and throw it away', I want to master the game, and that cannot be achieved with cheating.
Old 30 July 2001, 01:04   #18
Maverick357

Ok, Akira
But maybee you are an expert Arcade player

I like playing with the arcades games but not too much, because i need to many time to mastering some arcade games (specialy if the computer opponent is cheating ), i am just a medium arcade player.

I like more strategy games, rpg and adventure games.
Whit that sort of games, i can stay playing hours/days/weeks/months... years, ...maybee not years, with the same game (like dungeon master trilogy).

If after 10 minutes, i don't like a game i don't keep it (or maybee just for history of a computer).

I have a very good collection of games for Spectrum (2 cd-roms full, but not only with games, i like remember the old advertising for a game and screenshots of some very good graphics), for nes, Snes, Megadrive, Amstrad, C64, MSX, ect...:gamer

Most of it is computers that i have buy when i whas young, all my money whas gone in computers. :gamer

I know that i will never play all my old favorite computers games (i like sometimes play with my good old Speccy games, sometimes the graphics are not the most important, but the fun )

I like to play without cheating... only if the computer game is fair and honest
Old 30 July 2001, 03:45   #19
Amiga1992

As a matter of fact, NO, I'm quite an average (tending to shite ) games player. But I like the challenge. When I am good at a game I'm quite good, because not cheating and similar restrictions I put myself (always play with one credit only), makes me a better player. But I'm quite poor really
Old 20 May 2005, 15:10   #20
amigauser

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred the Duck
Maverick, I do not remember where I got it, just that it is an expansion single disk Be patient ere your request shall be granted before long
Fred, i have got the 4 ADFs for the original Syndicate and the American Revolt ADF but for some reason when I load the American Revolt ADF into Winuae I just get the original game. Any idea as to howI can get this working, please?