English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 09 September 2002, 18:58   #1
CPC464

Send a message via ICQ to CPC464 Send a message via AIM to CPC464
Question Wrath of Demon Problems (Skid Row)

Ok Guys.......

QUESTION TIME

I Started to play "Wrath of Demon" (Cracked by Skidrow)

As I started I realised that My Character Was Invincible

So has anybody else suffered this ??

I was using WinUae 8.8 Release 8
Old 09 September 2002, 22:12   #2
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

Well, this doesn't necessary have to be an emulator problem.
I played the whole Skid Row version and I think it has 5 disks, which I think were cracked from 4 original.
So, on a real Amiga you will sometimes notices that the drive continues to make the same clicking noise over and over again. ( maybe there is also some color in the border at the same time - cannot remember ).
At this time you have to insert disk 5 !
Then, when this clicking happens again, you have to swap disk 5 exactly against the disk which was in the drive before disk 5.
If you fuck something up here then the game won't run correctly !

Maybe that is the reason it doesn't work in the emulator ?

Or it is the same problem which Leander suffered from, but which I think was fixed in one of the latest UAE versions.
Old 10 September 2002, 00:51   #3
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Arrow note to /me: read posts more carefully. ;)

Try to set Sprite Collision to Full.
[EDIT]
Quote:
Originally posted by CPC464
I was using WinUae 8.8 Release 8
Heheh, now that *does* explain everything in fact, of course...
DOH!
Old 25 September 2003, 10:04   #4
Tim Janssen

Hooooo Wrath of the demon - loading probs

I have a Skid Row crack of Wrath of the Demon. When I insert the boot disk (disk 0) it loads the intro to where a picture of the king is displayed. Here the borders show whirring colours.
I assume to change disks but nothing happens. Does anyone know what disk I need to put in the drive or what other actions I have to take?
Old 25 September 2003, 11:01   #5
andreas
Zone Friend

Hooooo

could be recently introduced issue.

When puzzling together the config for BTTR, I had been testing with both 0.8.14 R1 and 0.8.17 R2. Both of them worked like a dream, too.

Using one of these older versions shouldn't cause any problems.

But with latest versions, it could also be related to cycle-exact requirement (i. e. check 'cycle-exact CPU and blitter' box) or chipset limitations (try experimenting with OCS/ECS Agnus).
Old 25 September 2003, 11:28   #6
Bonovox

I had the same problem with this game but ive seemed to have worked it out. When the screen flashes insert disk 1 when it flashes again insert disk 0 back in , you should then get a screen that says insert disk 2 insert the disk and the game should start.
I hope that works it does for me.

Old 25 September 2003, 22:01   #7
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

Well, I have actually finished the game using exactly this Skid Row crack, but I cannot remember for 100% sure how it worked ?!?.
On my disks they were numbered from 0 to 4, but you had to laod from disk 1, afaik, and not from disk 0.
I remember when the screen flashed you had to swap the actual disk for disk 0, and then when it flashed again you had to put in the disk which was in the drive before.

I hope you work it out because it's a great game ! Don't forget you can save the game by pressing CTRL-S during the in-between sequences, because otherwise there is no chance beating the game. And also be sure not to loose any lives in the first levels because the end-of-game boss will eat up at least 3 lives

If you need any help just ask I hope I can remember how I played the game good enough....
Old 29 September 2003, 14:44   #8
Tim Janssen

Thumbs up Thanks for your suggestions

Thing is I managed to run the game a long while ago in WinUAE, but I have forgotten how. I will try the suggestions you all said. It definitely should work - many thanks.

I have played Wrath of the Demon on my original Amiga a long time ago. I think I made it to the caverns.

When a bunch of new games appeared, I ran out of floppies and sacrificed the Wrath discs. Strange, I most miss erased games .
Old 29 September 2003, 18:28   #9
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

Hehe, me too almost overwrote the Wrath disks one time, because I found the horse-riding extremely difficult and thought I could never make that !
But since the game somehow reminds of Shadow of the Beast, I kept them until about 2 years when I found out that there is a savegame option in the game This was enough motivation to give it a serious try, and so the game kept me busy a while
Old 30 September 2003, 08:50   #10
Tim Janssen

The save-game option is an excellent hidden feature I really did not know of. By the way, I did not have the time to test the game with alternately switching discs.

Being a very poor gamesplayer, I wonder how I got so far in Wrath back in those days. I think I played the game with a cheat activated.
Old 30 September 2003, 19:19   #11
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

for anyone that cares, this game is a bitch to get working on all Atari St emus as well. (It won't).
Old 30 September 2003, 21:36   #12
the wolf
Just Leeching

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Janssen
The save-game option is an excellent hidden feature
How does it works? Never know about this interesting feature...
Old 01 October 2003, 00:31   #13
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

Ermm, just look above
I think it was CTRL-S and CTRL-L or saving and loading a game. If I remember correctly a simple Amigados formatted disk will do just fine
Remember the save and load only works between levels when a picture and scrolltext appear !

The game is really fucking hard, but can be learned.
In the horse level just concentrate on the right side of the screen only and immediately react by pressing up/down or fire to punch. ! Don't look at your horse ! Also there are energy replenishment potions and others, which I forgot. I think you can only carry a maximum of 3 at one time.
In the cave levels or others where you have to walk left/right, write down in what height monsters appear, because they will always appear in the same order if you walk at about the same speed. Then press pause in between for reading the next monsters to be able to defeat them.
In the end of level fights never try to fight them to the right side of the screen, because then they will fight like mad and you will get killed quickly ! Just stay on the left side of the screen and let them come

That's all on hints I can remember for now. If you get stuck just ask
Old 01 October 2003, 00:45   #14
the wolf
Just Leeching

Great! Thanks for the hints.
This game is bloody hard. I managed to play without a cheat, but it's quite impossible to finish, let's say it's tough as Shadow of The Beast (I think nobody can finish this game without cheating!)
Old 02 October 2003, 00:17   #15
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

Yepp, you are right, Shadow of the Beast still is one of those games I want to finish one day. Managed to get as far as on this graveyard a few times, but could never finish it....

Wrath of the Demon is maybe even harder, but there is the great advantage that you can save a game in progress
That way you can try each stage again and again, and then save once you managed to play it best. As I said most stages can be learned by heart ( or better write down when attacks what ).

Conserve lives, because you will need at lest 3 lives just for the end of game fight !! It's fucking hard !! At least it was for me, but I am glad I finished it

That's this real great feeling when you finished a game you always wanted but couldn't finish, but then one day you make it
Old 09 November 2004, 17:57   #16
JarvisCocker

Wrath of the Demon problems

I found two discs of Wrath of the Demon on Internet but none of them works on Winuae or Winfellow. They're are the version SKR(a) and the version SKR(t+1 SKR). Can you work the game with these versions? The game stops to run after the title screen, in the screen of the king (I only use the first disk)
Any ideas for run this game on an emulator?

Old 09 November 2004, 19:02   #17
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

Well, as far as I can remember you sometimes have to swap the current disk for another one ( on my Skid Row version it was labeled as disk 2 ). I think you always had to do this when the screen starts flashing or something like that.
Hope this helps.
Also, whenever you see an in-between-picture with scrolltext then press ctrl-s or ctrl-l to save and load your game in progress
It's a great game, btw ! I completed it some yeras ago
Old 02 December 2005, 08:14   #18
thundercat

Wrath of the Demon won't run properly.

I'm trying to play Wrath of the Demon (Amiga version ADF files) using WinUAE 1.1.1
I've tried using the following hardware configuration settings:
A500 KS 1.3 OCS Agnus 0.5M chip + 0.5 Slow
A500 KS 1.3 ECS Agnus 0.5M chip + 0.5M Slow
A500 KS 1.3 ECS Agnus 1.0M chip
A500 KS 1.3 OCS Agnus 0.5M chip
A500 KS 1.2 OCS Agnus 0.5M chip
A500 KS 1.2 OCS Agnus 0.5M chip + 05.M Slow

Once in a while, it crashes. However, in most cases, it gets to the following screen:
http://hol.abime.net/pic_full.php?sr...hOfTheDemon_s6

Once the king is done with his speech, rainbow-like colors start to appear in the borders of the WinUAE window.

The sounds starts to echo and distort, the CPU usage jumps to about 152% and the fps drops to around 33 FPS.

However, when you hold down either "fire" button, the rainbow effects and distortion stop. The CPU usage drops down 44% to and the FPS increases to 47FPS.

Nonetheless, I'm not able to play the game. It seems to just stay at that scene. Disabling the sound doesn't seem to help. I can't figure out why it won't work.

Has anyone had any luck playing it?

The following is a detailed description of what happens when I try to play the game:

The game takes a long time to load. Eventually, there will be text that tells the story of the game. Only at that point can you press the "fire" button on the controller or keyboard and begin the adventure. The text reads as follows:

"Legend tells of a time when fear ruled the land. A time when no man, woman or child was safe from the spread of evil. A time when a fierce demon sent his evil minions to roam through the land and make the kingdom his own. But these legends are from days gone by and little heed is paid to them. That is, until now..."

After you press the "fire" button during that intro, you then see a scene where the hero is brought before the King. The text reads as follows:

"You are summoned before the King. Messangers from all corners of the Kingdom bring news of attacks by evil monsters. You must stop this evil before it spreads further. I fear for the kingdom..."

After the King's speech is made, rainbow colors appear in the background, CPU usage skyrockets to well over 100% and sometimes over 200%, and FPS drops to around 34FPS.

This happens with all hardware configurations I've tried, except KS 1.3 OCS Agnus 0.5M chip. This settings seems to crash the game. (It eventually resets itself, only to crash again at the very same point in the game).

I've also noticed that when you load the ADF files, You see a screen that says:
Skid Row 1990
You then press the left mouse button
Afterwards, rainbow colors appear, CPU usage jumps up to 263% and FPS drops to 19FPS.

You then see a green screen, followed by a black Readysoft screen. At this point, CPU usage and FPS return to normal (CPU usage: 54% FPS:49). The game then proceeds to load normally.

Does anyone know what is causing these problems?

Can anyone figure out how to get the game to work?

Old 02 December 2005, 13:14   #19
andreas
Zone Friend

Quote:
I've also noticed that when you load the ADF files, You see a screen that says:
Skid Row 1990
You then press the left mouse button
Afterwards, rainbow colors appear, CPU usage jumps up to 263% and FPS drops to 19FPS.
This part appears fairly normal to me, as this behavior (CPU >> 100%) is typical for the decruncher part, and not only for this very game, mind you.
Old 02 December 2005, 13:36   #20
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
well oki, andreas, rainbow color are not those of a compressor, but a sign to change
the disk in drive... i had the game on real disks some time ago, disks have to be swapped when screen is going rainbow ^^.

try it ^^