English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 18 June 2002, 21:07   #1
Ricky55

Pinball Problems

I know a few people have been struggling with Pinball Fantasies but I have tried everything and I still can't get it working.

This happens to be one of my favourite games so in desperation I downloaded Pinball Issusions instead but I can't get this working either.

I'm new to this scene and I would appreciate and tips or config files. I've tried one of the eau files one of the guys posted on here and that didn't work, I've also followed the config instructions from the Back to the Roots website. Pinball Fantasies loads but when I press F1 to choose a table the screen just goes and remians black. With Pinball Isslusions I just get the loading screen and some music and then just an orange screen and some music.

Can anyone please offer me some help, my PC runs win 98 at its not that old I have an Athlon 500.

Infact so far I can only get three games working, RTYPE, Chaos Engine and Xenon. I also had trouble with Rainbow Islands.

Any tips at all much appreciated, oh and by the way can anyone tell why I would use the harddisk section of winuea, I know I'm asking alot of questions but whats the difference between Kickstart 3.1 and Workbench 3.1.

Cheers

Old 18 June 2002, 21:12   #2
RetroMan

Have a look at this thread here : http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...hlight=pinball

The config I posted there should also work for Pinball Fantasies
Old 19 June 2002, 02:20   #3
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Re: Pinball Problems

Quote:
Originally posted by Ricky55
... oh and by the way can anyone tell why I would use the harddisk section of winuea, I know I'm asking alot of questions but whats the difference between Kickstart 3.1 and Workbench 3.1.
Harddisk: For the same reason you would use a hard disk on a real Amiga. Or a PC. There's more to an Amiga than running games from floppy disk. MUCH more. But if all you like is games, a hard drive is still very useful because you can play so many games much better using the WHD installs.

Kickstart/WB
Kickstart is the internal rom file and Workbench is your operating system.
Old 19 June 2002, 02:55   #4
Amiga1992

Ricky: You can (and should) ask those questions in the New to Emulation/Amiga Scene forum.
Old 20 June 2002, 16:47   #5
Ricky55

Pinball Sucess!!!!!!!!

Got both Illusions and Fanatasies working with your config. Thanks very much.

With regards to Fantasies I just wasn't waiting long enough after pressing F1 for the table I wanted to play.

Thanks again