English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 28 April 2013, 12:07   #1
Nova

whdload games launcher

recently i stumbled over retroplays whdload upacks. amiga gb 1.6 is working great but i am looking for a separate launcher (win7) for these new packs. so any recommendation is highly welcome.
Old 28 April 2013, 15:35   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

I'm quite sure there's no seperate WHDLoad launcher frontend and GB Amiga is most likely not getting updated anymore. A lot of games that Retroplay made intstalls for are featured in the 'Open Amiga Game Database' and you can use the FS-UAE launcher to use the database. That way you'll have an updated WHDLoad games launcher for Windows 7 You can always ask for more games to be added via the wishlist and see which games are already in the database. Hope this helps.
Old 29 April 2013, 12:41   #3
Nova

hi tcd,

i gave fs-uae a try, but was only successful in creating a single manual entry that worked. is batch scanning a folder and auto-creating the needed entries possible?

i already scanned the new upacks path, but net connection fails (database is enabled).

another possibility that came to my mind is, using another separate whdload gamebase config. though i must admit that i have no clue how to create a datfile in order to build a whdload.mdb?
Old 29 April 2013, 21:03   #4
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova View Post
i gave FS-UAE a try, but was only successful in creating a single manual entry that worked. is batch scanning a folder and auto-creating the needed entries possible?
Hi, the game database feature in FS-UAE requires a username and password while it is in beta. If you PM me with your e-mail address, I'll be happy to create a login for you
Old 30 April 2013, 12:05   #5
Nova

pm sent
Old 30 April 2013, 23:44   #6
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Actually, in the meantime, I completed the self-registration page. The site is now in open beta (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=69016) and you can register yourself at http://oagd.net/user/register