English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 25 October 2019, 21:50   #101
8bitbubsy

ProTracker 2.3F has now been released.

All of the stealth fixes since the "final" (so much for that) 2.3E version are now considered to go under PT2.3F, and I added two new bugfixes.
Keep in mind that there is no huge changelog or anything, so it's not as exciting of a release as PT2.3E was.

To an admin/mod: Can you change the thread title to "ProTracker 2.3F"?

Last edited by 8bitbubsy; 25 October 2019 at 22:06.
Old 26 October 2019, 01:16   #102
Estrayk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bitbubsy View Post
ProTracker 2.3F has now been released.

All of the stealth fixes since the "final" (so much for that) 2.3E version are now considered to go under PT2.3F, and I added two new bugfixes.
Keep in mind that there is no huge changelog or anything, so it's not as exciting of a release as PT2.3E was.

Thx 8bitbubsy! I'll check soon.
Old 26 October 2019, 17:16   #103
hUMUNGUs

Will be uploaded to Aminet i suppose ?
Old 26 October 2019, 17:17   #104
8bitbubsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hUMUNGUs View Post
Will be uploaded to Aminet i suppose ?
Well, I don't really like that idea because of the fact that I tend to update the binary once in a while without bumping up the version (which is dumb of course, but I just keep finding small things that just needs fixing).
Old 26 October 2019, 21:10   #105
hUMUNGUs

I C.
On the other hand. Lots of people could be missing out. Seeing as you fix stuff, people outside EAB should know about it.
Anyway, you´re the boss :-)
Old 27 October 2019, 10:29   #106
bni

A suggestion: Since its possible to quit by clicking in upper left corner, wouldn't it make sense to be able to click upper right corner to put program to background?

Right now its possible to do that with Amiga + N, but wouldn't it be nice if it was possible to do that with the mouse also?
Old 27 October 2019, 14:46   #107
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Funny, when I'm away for a few days nothing gets done around here; moderation wise... you'd think that I was the only GM when really there are 7.

Anyway, title now updated as requested
Old 29 October 2019, 16:44   #108
DrFruit
Resident Nutter...

Love this, can’t wait to test it!
Old 03 November 2019, 19:19   #109
8bitbubsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bni View Post
Right now its possible to do that with Amiga + N, but wouldn't it be nice if it was possible to do that with the mouse also?
Top right corner is the channel 1 mute/unmute button, and I can only imagine the frustration when someone tries to mute the channel and instead the program just magically disappears. In other words, I think it's not very sensible to implement that.
Old 03 November 2019, 22:14   #110
Estrayk

bitbubsy, I 've a request, really it is a visual request.

Can you make the Quadrascope more bigger? I noticed that there're space for make it a bit more big. Delete 1,2,3,4 columns and use the space in Quadrascope and protracker v2.3f wordlines.

Oscilloscope waveform visuals is very useful for us. not just a pretty visual feature.

thx
Old 03 November 2019, 23:04   #111
8bitbubsy

Sorry I can't do that. After trial and error (and editing this post several times), I came to the conclusion that the width must be a multiple of 4, and the height must be 2^n+1 (for speed reasons, so the next size in height would be 65, which is obviously too big).

I can't extend them from 40 pixels wide to 44 or 48 pixels either, as I can't have equal-width bars between them with these numbers.

EDIT: It seems like they maybe can be any width after all, so this is the best I can do (if it works in practice): https://16-bits.org/i/PT_new_scopes.png
The bars are needed to be able to fit 4 equal-width scopes in there.

Last edited by 8bitbubsy; 03 November 2019 at 23:54.
Old 04 November 2019, 00:11   #112
Estrayk

Quote:
Sorry I can't do that. After trial and error (and editing this post several times), I came to the conclusion that the width must be a multiple of 4, and the height must be 2^n+1 (for speed reasons, so the next size in height would be 65, which is obviously too big).

I can't extend them from 40 pixels wide to 44 or 48 pixels either, as I can't have equal-width bars between them with these numbers.

EDIT: It seems like they maybe can be any width after all, so this is the best I can do (if it works in practice): https://16-bits.org/i/PT_new_scopes.png
The bars are needed to be able to fit 4 equal-width scopes in there.
Well, yes, it's better than before, of course.
Old 04 November 2019, 13:21   #113
8bitbubsy

I tried to implement it today, but I found out that the x position of the scopes has to be aligned to blocks of 8 pixels to work with the drawing routine, so I just gave up. I couldn't come up with any optimal extended scope layout where everything is aligned properly.

I'm not used to working with bitplanes for pixels, and to be honest it's a pain in the butt.

EDIT: I managed to do this, but that's all I can do, and it looks too disgusting to be used: https://16-bits.org/i/PT_new_scopes_test.png

Last edited by 8bitbubsy; 04 November 2019 at 13:48.
Old 04 November 2019, 15:03   #114
ross
Defendit numerus

Quote:
EDIT: I managed to do this, but that's all I can do, and it looks too disgusting to be used: https://16-bits.org/i/PT_new_scopes_test.png
How about doing separator bars with sprites?
Then they can be aligned 8x and use a tiny 2px separator.
Old 04 November 2019, 15:37   #115
8bitbubsy

I actually thought about that, but I don't think I want to bother using sprites for this purpose.
The scopes are not perfect anyway, they are buggy on sample swaps, 9xx quirks (sample offset) and overflown periods (1xx pitch slide abuse). They are not meant to be 100% accurate in all cases, unlike the scopes in my tracker clones for modern OSes. So does it really matter if they are slightly bigger or not?

Anyway, I silently updated PT2.3F just now with some very minor improvements. The scopes now have one bit more amplification precision (e.g. vol 01 is actually shown), and the VU-meters (in "real" mode) are now scaled properly in their heights.
Old 04 November 2019, 15:38   #116
Estrayk

Quote:

I really appreciate your effort but it doesn't look good, does not seem professional without dividers between the channels.
Old 04 November 2019, 16:42   #117
bni

Quote:
Top right corner is the channel 1 mute/unmute button, and I can only imagine the frustration when someone tries to mute the channel and instead the program just magically disappears. In other words, I think it's not very sensible to implement that.
Cool, yeah I see the problem. I also noticed I can press tab to switch to another program in addition to Amiga + N

Another thing when multitasking, some programs show its contents when sliding the screens up and down and they are in the background. PT instead is just empty with a bit weird looking title bar. Would it be possible to show contents like Deluxe Paint and others do? A frozen non animated view perhaps?
Old 04 November 2019, 17:49   #118
8bitbubsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bni View Post
Another thing when multitasking, some programs show its contents when sliding the screens up and down and they are in the background. PT instead is just empty with a bit weird looking title bar. Would it be possible to show contents like Deluxe Paint and others do? A frozen non animated view perhaps?
I have no idea. I don't really know how Intuition works (the window system).
Old 10 November 2019, 22:50   #119
8bitbubsy

PT2.3F was updated just now with a quick bugfixing of the TUNE/FREE numbers. They were not showing correct values if the number was higher than 999999 (the lower word of the number was trashed before dividing by 1000).

https://16-bits.org/PT23F.LHA

Last edited by 8bitbubsy; 10 November 2019 at 23:00.
Old 15 February 2020, 20:46   #120
8bitbubsy

Around a month or longer ago I did some stealth changes to PT2.3F again, and of course I managed to mess some things up!
Loading samples would crash the tracker after a while. I have fixed it now. Also fixed an issue where drawing blank quadrascopes (i.e. no samples playing) would lead to a memory access issue, which the Enforcer debugger would pick up and go nuts about.

https://16-bits.org/PT23F.LHA