English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.aGTW

Old 28 February 2012, 19:56   #1
MrX_Cuci

Mr Nutz

On the end credits there is a mention of the sequel in production. Anyone care to contact someone at Neon about it? They still seem to be active in the business. I read somewhere the mr nuts engine would be used Got a fourth installment of turrican.
Old 28 February 2012, 22:21   #2
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrX_Cuci View Post
I read somewhere the mr nuts engine would be used Got a fourth installment of turrican.
No idea about the sequel and Neon status, but I suppose that for the quoted part you refered to
Quote:
Peter Thierolf joined Neon Studios (the developers of Mr. Nutz: Hoppin' Mad) while coding Turrican 3. The Amiga Mr. Nutz graphics engine was then used as the basis for Amiga Turrican 3. Thus, the Amiga source code is copyrighted to Neon Studios. (Source: Peter Thierolf)
Taken from: http://hol.abime.net/1537

Or do you mean something else about a 4th Turrican game?
Old 29 February 2012, 13:29   #3
MrX_Cuci

Turrican 3 is actually a megadrive conversion made by KAIKO. I doubt the Mr. Nutz engine was used for that. I am more interesed in Mr. Nutz 2 as mentioned in the ending credits.

Quote:
Jüngst erst stellten sie mit Mr. Nutz das Amiga-Jump & Run schlechthin auf die Beine. Nun sind die Jungs von NEON für Turrican 4 im Gespräch. Zusammen mit Softgold und Factor 5 wird derzeit gerade über eine mögliche Fortsetzung nachgedacht. Basierend auf der Games Engine von Mr. Nutz ließ sich gewiß ein anständiger Nachfolger produzieren. Wir bleiben am Ball...
Die Mr. Nutz-Schöpfer von Neon sind als Programmierer für Turrican IV im Gespräch.
Old 29 February 2012, 14:23   #4
Amiga1992

I don't know if the engine was used, but there are similarities between both games (like, the loader), which are undeniable. Actually I thought Mr. Nutz was released AFTER Turrican 3.
Old 29 February 2012, 18:26   #5
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Quote:
Turrican 3 is actually a megadrive conversion made by KAIKO. I doubt the Mr. Nutz engine was used for that.
Well, I don't know the details nor have the technical knowledge to check things in details, but I believe there is indeed a link, based on what is written on HoL and the fact that when Turrican 3 source code was released it also contained the source code of Mr. Nutz Megadrive version:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=471647#post471647

Quote:
I am more interesed in Mr. Nutz 2 as mentioned in the ending credits.

Quote:
Jüngst erst stellten sie mit Mr. Nutz das Amiga-Jump & Run schlechthin auf die Beine. Nun sind die Jungs von NEON für Turrican 4 im Gespräch. Zusammen mit Softgold und Factor 5 wird derzeit gerade über eine mögliche Fortsetzung nachgedacht. Basierend auf der Games Engine von Mr. Nutz ließ sich gewiß ein anständiger Nachfolger produzieren. Wir bleiben am Ball...
Die Mr. Nutz-Schöpfer von Neon sind als Programmierer für Turrican IV im Gespräch.
Thanks for that. Never played Mr. Nutz till the end so I never saw that (and probably would not have paid attention since I don't speak German ).
Old 29 February 2012, 22:55   #6
MrX_Cuci

Well since you guys are all about Turrican....you could consider this as some sort of follow-up. Released in Japan only: [ Show youtube player ]
Old 01 March 2012, 01:46   #7
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Quote:
Well since you guys are all about Turrican....you could consider this as some sort of follow-up. Released in Japan only: [ Show youtube player ]
There is also a rom hack of RR, using the Turrican sprite, that s2325 posted about a while ago:
[ Show youtube player ]