English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 04 February 2013, 13:23   #41
bitman

During install from dopus I had a lot of warnings regarding protection bits, so I changed all bits on SYSTEM to RWED
Old 04 February 2013, 18:55   #42
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitman View Post
During install from dopus I had a lot of warnings regarding protection bits, so I changed all bits on SYSTEM to RWED
Sorry I can't help unless you make the installation as recommended. By now you can't use Dopus.
Old 05 February 2013, 12:48   #43
bitman

I'll try it the Windows-way then :-)
Old 05 February 2013, 16:57   #44
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Ok. I'm using it now with my BPPC and BVision. Installed CyberGraphXV4 and the menus are transparent (some, others need adjustment). I have to improve it a little more restoring images and so from the original and then I will post a photo.
Old 05 February 2013, 19:41   #45
JohnFante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Ok. I'm using it now with my BPPC and BVision. Installed CyberGraphXV4 and the menus are transparent (some, others need adjustment). I have to improve it a little more restoring images and so from the original and then I will post a photo.
Great :-) Looking forward to the photos!
Old 11 February 2013, 21:09   #46
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
So basically the install package is broken and gets 'fixed' by unpacking it within Windows? That's an interesting method to distribute this release

Ups I had missed these last posts. Yes, TCD mate, I was "crazy" to get an installer for my version, so I had to make something easy and never tried... I'm not a programmer or anything related as you must know, but I found this new solution works perfectly.

Now I've got another installer that you will be able to use without emulation, but still it has to be aproved and uploaded, with some small fixes to the first release. For this new installer you only will need a working OS3.9 (better BB2) and to download and unpack in Windows my "kit" to your Cf pcmcia, and then just boot your miggy and click on the "Install" icon on the pcmcia kit (thanks a lot Thomas).

About an AmiKit for Bvision and BPPC I'm stucked with some problems with AmiStart, but that's another thread http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=67751

Anyway, the image as promissed:

Last edited by Retrofan; 11 February 2013 at 21:42.
Old 17 February 2013, 08:16   #47
lurch

Tried it with a fresh copy of AmigaOS 3.9 with packs 1 and 2. Restarted and it prompts me to put in the volume amigakit.

Can't use the mouse as the pointer is just flying all over the screen too.

Started from scratch again same problem, any tips? :-)
Old 17 February 2013, 10:28   #48
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Insert the Install floppy, boot and rename DH0 as AmiKit, it seems you used another name.
Old 19 February 2013, 10:12   #49
lurch

Would like to say that I've had success installing this but no luck so far.

When I do get it working the mouse pointer is just all over the screen.

Will try again at a later date/next release :-/
Old 19 February 2013, 12:43   #50
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

As you don's explain it too much, I'm sending you a PM. Anyway, this should be in the support thread.
Old 19 February 2013, 21:06   #51
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
As you don's explain it too much, I'm sending you a PM. Anyway, this should be in the support thread.
Moved to the support thread.
Old 19 February 2013, 21:46   #52
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Thanks Prowler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch
Would love to get this up and running.

Not sure what's going on, I'm using an AmigaOS 3.9 emergency boot disk, then installing AmigaOS 3.9 on a blank CFCard.

Then extracting Amikit over the top?
The answer has been told before: you have to unpack it on the PC, that's "rare", but it works. As you are using a Cf with a running System, it's clear you've unpacked it on WinUAE or on the miggy.

Anyway, "betatest" what I've sent you, my new Installer for real, that I hope soon will be ready to download. It's made to work for real, so it can work on the miggy (or with an emulator of course)

Last edited by Retrofan; 19 February 2013 at 23:57.
Old 20 February 2013, 08:00   #53
lurch

Quote:
Thanks Prowler.
Anyway, "betatest" what I've sent you, my new Installer for real, that I hope
soon will be ready to download. It's made to work for real, so it can work on the miggy (or with an emulator of course)
The installer solves the mouse pointer jumping all over the place. However I use WinUAE to transfer files on to the CFCard then use that on my A1200.

When I'm using Dopus under WinUAE the windows mounted HDD icon on the desktop won't open and asks for what command arguments to use.

If I use any of the other environments it works fine. Noticed this problem when mounting other windows drives or temp directories.

As a workaround I'll use Directory Opus :-)

But looking amazing great work, the beta installer is also a cleaner way and worked first time :-)
Old 20 February 2013, 08:12   #54
lurch

Actually under Dopus it wont mount any added drives, scalos and workbench works fine.

Another issue under scalos a terminal window "scalos output window" comes up with the error on startup:

Error 13 in line 4 : Host environment not found
Old 20 February 2013, 12:52   #55
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

"When I'm using Dopus under WinUAE the windows mounted HDD icon on the desktop won't open and asks for what command arguments to use."

Yes, mounting another partition on the Cf appart of AmiKit uses a def icon that has a problem with Magellan, don't not why yet, so it doesn't let you open it. I had it deleted before the release, but it was finally added. I've told Jan to fix this in the next one. By now what you can do is use CopyIcon on screen and select another icon for that partition.
Edit: You can use CopyIcon to use the right icon, attached here.

"Another issue under scalos a terminal window "scalos output window" comes up with the error on startup:

Error 13 in line 4 : Host environment not found"

It's curious that message, as I've got the same with another installation completely different using a BPPC and a BVision, so it seems it has any corrupted file, as making right the installation you don't have that problem. I will try with the beta installer, perhaps it gives that problem. Edit: No, not here with WinUAE.

So in your place I would make the installation again over a clean OS3.9, as you made the first bad. If you want to be sure use the installation described in the Web, unpacking the installer on Windows over the PC archive where you have to have OS3.9, not in WinUAE.

"But looking amazing great work, the beta installer is also a cleaner way and worked first time :-)".

Glad you liked it. What accelerator are you using?

EDIT: Stop before you install it again. Please tell me: Had you installed in OS3.9 the Boing Bag 4? Because in my install with BPPC and Bvision I was having that message, and it was the program "THE" installed by BB4 on the WBStartup the culprit.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Icon_Info.zip (2.9 KB, 564 views)

Last edited by Retrofan; 22 February 2013 at 23:55.
Old 20 February 2013, 21:27   #56
Marmes

Hi!
After installing amikit OS doesn't see my cdrom anymore
what can I do?

Thanks!
Old 20 February 2013, 23:09   #57
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

It doesn't have drivers for Cd's or Pcmcia. For Pcmcia you can buy the drivers at Amigakit http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/...roducts_id=440 and for the Cd you can use Idefix on Aminet and later try to register (pay) the serial key before searching on google.

Edit: Pcmcia drivers included in the 03 update.

Last edited by Retrofan; 24 June 2013 at 02:17.
Old 22 February 2013, 20:34   #58
spanner
none

Quote:
Ups I had missed these last posts. Yes, TCD mate, I was "crazy" to get an installer for my version, so I had to make something easy and never tried... I'm not a programmer or anything related as you must know, but I found this new solution works perfectly.

Now I've got another installer that you will be able to use without emulation, but still it has to be aproved and uploaded, with some small fixes to the first release. For this new installer you only will need a working OS3.9 (better BB2) and to download and unpack in Windows my "kit" to your Cf pcmcia, and then just boot your miggy and click on the "Install" icon on the pcmcia kit (thanks a lot Thomas).

About an AmiKit for Bvision and BPPC I'm stucked with some problems with AmiStart, but that's another thread http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=67751

Anyway, the image as promissed:

Hi there..

Like the look of this..

Shame about the bar at the bottom...
Old 22 February 2013, 23:05   #59
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

No, it was solved mate http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=67751. I'm awaiting Fitzsteve to make a video if he can get it running in his miggy, as my camera needs another sd card (broken...).

So this is how it is now:

Magellan:

Workbench:

Scalos:

Edit: Photos updated, and I've changed MorpheuZ so now it boots with different Skinnable skins for each environment. I've only sent a copy to him and Mfilos, as I can't share it. Well, right now I've changed some preferences of some skins of the clocks.

But as you may understand, this is oftopic. You can use AmiKit Real with an accelerator you can buy new from the factory .

What's more, I will tell you: AmiStart doesn't run as well on a BPPC&BVision like Workbench2000 on the AmiKit Real with any ACA.

But I've also asked Jan of AmiKit to add SkinnableClock to the AmiKit for PC...

Last edited by Retrofan; 28 March 2013 at 18:10.
Old 02 March 2013, 23:04   #60
spanner
none

I m ok with mine as it is and I don't want to mess with it now.It plays all the games now and I am happy. I have 2 workbenches on it, it connected to a capture usb card and using my laptop as my screen,I have got iGame to boot from the Amiga Boot Selector finally..

Anyway good luck with it.