English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > Collections

Old 09 April 2018, 14:48   #81
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by icycool View Post
Are you using the right diskripper? It has an option to use internal disklabels as filenames.
I have no idea why all of the files are in CAPS with the added (and bitched about) .ADF extension now
Just trying to save you some time here!
I haven't started using it yet, I copied it to the CF card, and then deleted some stuff.... including the archive of diskripper! :/

I deliberately won't use any option that names the files as per the directory name as some of these disks are old, and people either used really imaginative volume names, or just any old bollocks which has no bearing on whats on the disk.

I've now recopied diskripper and will try again
Old 09 April 2018, 15:44   #82
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by mai View Post
At least i can promise, that all disks related to
Compilations
Demos/Music
Demos/Packs
(this are my sections in TOSEC)
will be added to TOSEC for next release!
Already found a few unknown Compilations!
Cool, would be good if you did a list of everything unknown you've found so we can see how successful this haul has been
Old 09 April 2018, 17:49   #83
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Part 05 in the zone

Part 5 of the Skid Row Collection in the zone.

Real mixture of stuff.

I think someone needs to give Crown/Cryptoburners a shout, could well be unreleased modules in this lot so far.
Old 09 April 2018, 18:51   #84
Subzero
Living and Legend

info
AQUARTERBACKEDDISK04 etc. are probably my backup of the bbs!....
WIZARDSCRYSTALGRAPHICS.ADF is grafix for a game wish will never be finished lol...
UNKNOWNMODS.adf probably demo songs for the company ive worked for
NAVY_VANISHDISK.ADF probably intro + source from any of the intros he did for us
(crack inc, ministry)
FASTEM1.3.ADF = copy tool as fast as xcopy, because its full of xcopy code arcorded to Frank Neuhaus (coder of xcopy)

to be in other packs, Eurotrans (demo or just gfx) of a game, and many more gems in the QBackup's...(as well as full msg base in the bbs backup, lol, dunno exactly..
you all have fun
Old 09 April 2018, 19:06   #85
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero View Post
NAVY_VANISHDISK.ADF probably intro + source from any of the intros he did for us
(crack inc, ministry)
Disk contains some logos/pictures/fonts and some Dytec/SR intros (normal released prods), no sources on disk.

Thanks for making this old stuff public and creating the images, always fun to check what's on these disks.
Old 09 April 2018, 19:38   #86
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
info
AQUARTERBACKEDDISK04 etc. are probably my backup of the bbs!....
WIZARDSCRYSTALGRAPHICS.ADF is grafix for a game wish will never be finished lol...
UNKNOWNMODS.adf probably demo songs for the company ive worked for
(crack inc, ministry)
FASTEM1.3.ADF = copy tool as fast as xcopy, because its full of xcopy code arcorded to Frank Neuhaus (coder of xcopy)

to be in other packs, Eurotrans (demo or just gfx) of a game, and many more gems in the QBackup's...(as well as full msg base in the bbs backup, lol, dunno exactly..
you all have fun
Dude there are so many quarterbacked disks, nearly as many as Sidmon 2 disks
Old 09 April 2018, 20:20   #87
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by icycool View Post
Galahad, if you are having difficulties, this video should explain it all.

[ Show youtube player ]
No difficulty, just decided its not for me unfortunately. I use it on any difficult to read disks, but ive got a method working right now.
Old 09 April 2018, 20:25   #88
Subzero
Living and Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Dude there are so many quarterbacked disks, nearly as many as Sidmon 2 disks
ya well ive grabbed what my hands could grab... especially about sidmon have tested the fucker for nearly 2 yrs. bevor it went to the stores.

btw: i have like 55kg of disks left overhere ... basically 3 more huge packages for your entertainment
Old 09 April 2018, 20:40   #89
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
lool. I'm currently renaming and regrouping the Quarterback archives.
Old 09 April 2018, 21:02   #90
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

damaged disks

Going to be quite a collection of damaged disks, I would say the ratio at the moment is for every 7 disks that read and image fine, I get one that won't, so considering some of these disks are getting on for 30 years old, thats pretty damned good.

So that we don't lose anything, anyone in the UK adept with disks want to take on the damaged ones to try and see if they have better luck (and time) to try and extract them?

Any interested parties, let me know in this thread, and once i've gone through the entirety of whats been sent, I'm happy to send on the damaged ones.

After disks are imaged/attempted, you can do what you like with them.
Old 09 April 2018, 21:46   #91
ascp
Pastafarian

Quote:
Going to be quite a collection of damaged disks, I would say the ratio at the moment is for every 7 disks that read and image fine, I get one that won't, so considering some of these disks are getting on for 30 years old, thats pretty damned good.

So that we don't lose anything, anyone in the UK adept with disks want to take on the damaged ones to try and see if they have better luck (and time) to try and extract them?

Any interested parties, let me know in this thread, and once i've gone through the entirety of whats been sent, I'm happy to send on the damaged ones.

I have a kryoflux device and offer to make images them, but I'll guess you find an kryoflux owner closer to you (I live in Sweden). But if you don't, I would do it.
Old 09 April 2018, 21:55   #92
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

the kryoflux is not suited to this task. It's too slow considering the amount of disks to process. Diskripper is the only way to go.
Old 09 April 2018, 21:56   #93
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Quote:

Phil, i'm the most used to disk cleaning, so count me in. I have cleaned and salvaged tons of disks until now for Amiga, ST, and CPC.
Old 09 April 2018, 22:03   #94
Subzero
Living and Legend

Quote:

the damaged disks could be snes games or summit, not sure, iam still wondering about the amount working!
Old 09 April 2018, 22:04   #95
Subzero
Living and Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
Disk contains some logos/pictures/fonts and some Dytec/SR intros (normal released prods), no sources on disk.

Thanks for making this old stuff public and creating the images, always fun to check what's on these disks.
Old 09 April 2018, 22:15   #96
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Quote:
the damaged disks could be snes games or summit, not sure, iam still wondering about the amount working!
Ok, so that means actually custom disk format used by the copy hardware ?
Old 09 April 2018, 22:31   #97
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Most people used High Density disks for Super Wildcard didn't they?
Old 09 April 2018, 22:47   #98
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Quote:
Most people used High Density disks for Super Wildcard didn't they?
Well if i consider my own set of consoles disk dumps, yes. either files saved in PC format, or either games written per track with no directory visible.

(PS : there is no interest to dump those disks i have, because all the files are already inside the SNES BBS predate collection.)
Old 09 April 2018, 23:30   #99
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
The vast majority seem fine, i'm having way more successes than failures.

Trying to get to all the older stuff because thats the stuff thats likely to be missing.
Old 10 April 2018, 01:19   #100
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Part 06 in the zone

Theres not going to be many more interesting uploads from this part of the collection, as I suspect there is a horrific amount of Quarterbacked disks to image, which are very numerous, and have to hope they are OK, as if one disk in any Quarterbacked set is fucked, then I'm assuming all the disks from that set are useless.

We shall see!

Also, I have to slag off Subzero a second.

Sure, I know he was an original supplier to Skid Row, Vision Factory and a few others, but theres a limit to originals you should have.

I'm talking about Subzero actually OWNING originals of Last Action Hero and Cliffhanger!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just don't know what to say, i'll have a sit down and quietly contemplate my life!