English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 31 July 2015, 18:04   #181
syphus

Oh, I didn't see those files mentioned anywhere in the docs! Great, thanks for the tip - I'll give it a try now.
Old 31 July 2015, 18:45   #182
syphus

Thanks supaduper, now one works! It's the one where the LCD lights up; the older, formerly-Cortex one. The other one, however, gives me nothing except a brief flash of the green light after about 10 seconds when powering on the Amiga with both buttons pressed and the USB stick inserted (and it does the same with no USB inserted). This is the one I fear may need to be flashed again, but I'll have a go with Cortex just to see if it comes back to life...
Old 31 July 2015, 19:15   #183
Jeff_HxC2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by syphus View Post
First attempt, flashing the 'fresh' (non-Cortex) Gotek with a CP2102 USB-UART device from Windows 7 with the right driver installed, seemed to go well until I realised it was taking far too long and there was no progress info - it just sent and received mystery data for about 45mins before I unplugged it and tried again. Second time, it seemed to work fine - showed me the 'Done!' message, so I rebooted it with a fresh USB stick with the firmware in the root and the buttons pressed. Strangely, nothing displayed at all on the LCD...although this had illuminated fine when I first powered up the new Gotek to test it. Also nothing when the old Gotek's LCD was plugged in, and I can't get any of my Amigas (with hard drives removed and other boot devices disabled) to recognise it.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?
Yes, every one using bad usb serial interface with buggy driver. And you are lucky because some people even got some blue screen ! Bad device & bad driver... I recommend the FTDI to be fail safe. (Normal flashing time is ~2 / 4 minutes)
Old 31 July 2015, 19:16   #184
Jeff_HxC2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by syphus View Post
Oh, I didn't see those files mentioned anywhere in the docs! Great, thanks for the tip - I'll give it a try now.
http://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_drive_emulator/
Old 31 July 2015, 19:30   #185
syphus

Many thanks indeed Jeff, and for your email support - sorry for bringing this issue straight to EAB without contacting you first, but it's just my instinct to ask the community for their experiences in case my problem is one that somebody else has found a solution for. Also, I'm not used to having any official support for my Amiga software/hardware adventures, so it's normally necessary to ask on EAB/IRC/FB/etc for help when something goes wrong.

And, yes, the problem was a combination of my own stupidity and my crappy equipment. Like most problems in life...
Old 03 September 2015, 23:52   #186
Vino

Hey Jeff,
do you offer support for non windows platforms for flashing the payload?

Also, looking at github sources, they are windows based and payload obviously is not there. Documenting most important bits would help understanding what is resposible for what and encourage some potential contributions

Keep it up!

Old 05 September 2015, 18:22   #187
Jeff_HxC2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino View Post
Hey Jeff,
do you offer support for non windows platforms for flashing the payload?
no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino View Post
Also, looking at github sources, they are windows based and payload obviously is not there. Documenting most important bits would help understanding what is resposible for what and encourage some potential contributions

Keep it up!
The github migration is not completely over, and there are some other projects without any relations with the Floppy Emulators (yes, i am doing something else too ).
So i recommend you to have a look to the sourceforge project :
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hxcfloppyemu/

The description is there :
http://sourceforge.net/p/hxcfloppyem...loppyEmulator/

You can build the HxC tools for Windows,Linux, MacOS X.
Old 06 September 2015, 17:33   #188
amigoun

Does anybody managed to get direct ST images work with Gotek HxC in Atari ST? I thought it is supported by firmware (read only), but still no luck. Maybe I am just wrong and *.ST is not yet supported?
Old 07 September 2015, 07:43   #189
Jeff_HxC2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigoun View Post
Does anybody managed to get direct ST images work with Gotek HxC in Atari ST? I thought it is supported by firmware (read only), but still no luck. Maybe I am just wrong and *.ST is not yet supported?
This is supported. Just get the latest firmware and file manager version.
Old 07 September 2015, 09:10   #190
Vot

Gotek and HxC working together

Jeff how is work going on some of that games that didnt work. I thought i read it you said may be difficult to get them to work. I.e the io timing issue.. Whats the is the actual issue?. Can a hardware fix rectify it (since you said a sw fix is difficult)

Last edited by Vot; 07 September 2015 at 09:18.
Old 07 September 2015, 11:02   #191
Jeff_HxC2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vot View Post
Jeff how is work going on some of that games that didnt work. I thought i read it you said may be difficult to get them to work. I.e the io timing issue.. Whats the is the actual issue?. Can a hardware fix rectify it (since you said a sw fix is difficult)
Which games are you talking about exactly ?
Old 07 September 2015, 22:53   #192
Vot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_HxC2001 View Post
Which games are you talking about exactly ?

The ones you talk about in post 151. You seem to have made a firmware fix for agony shortly after but I'm unclear if this fixed all games with this problem or there is still an issue. There was a jumper work around ... Is it still necessary?
Old 06 October 2015, 16:12   #193
amiga1260

I tried your new firmware 3.0.6.4a, but when I browsing through my games folder it hangs. Sometimes it even hangs in reading the root directory. Sometimes it hangs when I tried to save the selection.

I tried two different USB sticks and reformat them, but that doesn't work. The version 3.0.5.4.a doesn't have this problem.
Old 08 October 2015, 17:45   #194
MrX_Cuci

Hi hopefully someone can help me out and explain a few things. My Gotek seems to be correctly flashed, but nothing boots. (HxC dislayed) I tried indexed mode and can scroll through the slots, so it must be working. As soon as I put an USB stick in it the display changes to 000. Could it be I connected it wrongly? The drive led on the Amiga also stays on. As far as I know I used PIN 1 on the correct side of the Gotek.
Old 08 October 2015, 23:47   #195
MrX_Cuci

Ok, fixed by installing the floppy cable properly. Apparaently it was correctly installed, but on the motherboard side it was wrong. It boot now, but I am experiencing the same problem as user amiga2160. It hangs randomly with latest firmware. I will try an older versions asap Also tried swapping disks using the game Walker, unfortunately not working. I'll have to try some other multiple disk games first
Old 11 October 2015, 09:45   #196
Jeff_HxC2001

The version v3.0.6.6a solving these issues is now available :

http://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_d...a_firmware.zip
Old 11 October 2015, 13:49   #197
Overflow

I just got the Gotek from Amigatore.eu and it worked perfectly right out of the box when using USB stick.

When turned off power, pull out USB and restart Amiga onto Workbench off my SD/harddrive it loads perfectly. But once workbench is loaded, the mousepointer stays with the wait clock icon.

Then I remove the Gotek drive, reinstall the old floppydrive and workbench loads perfectly beyond the waiticon on mouse pointer.

Got WB 3.1 and Kickstart 3.1 ver 40.68.
Old 11 October 2015, 15:40   #198
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

What happens when you insert the usb stick with the mouse pointer in the wait state?
Old 11 October 2015, 22:40   #199
Jeff_HxC2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
I just got the Gotek from Amigatore.eu and it worked perfectly right out of the box when using USB stick.

When turned off power, pull out USB and restart Amiga onto Workbench off my SD/harddrive it loads perfectly. But once workbench is loaded, the mousepointer stays with the wait clock icon.

Then I remove the Gotek drive, reinstall the old floppydrive and workbench loads perfectly beyond the waiticon on mouse pointer.

Got WB 3.1 and Kickstart 3.1 ver 40.68.
Are you using the HxC firmware ?
Old 12 October 2015, 13:23   #200
amiga1260

Thank you for the new firmware update. It fixed the problem which I had.