English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 11 August 2019, 23:15   #341
wiz12
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Ireland
Posts: 189
Looking forward to 1.4.0. WBDock looks nice too, I wonder can we edit it's on screen position and it's program list?
wiz12 is offline  
Old 12 August 2019, 08:37   #342
cyberhead97
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Denmark
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz12 View Post
Looking forward to 1.4.0. WBDock looks nice too, I wonder can we edit it's on screen position and it's program list?
WBDock is very easy to use thanks to Thomas. You just click the bar on the left to activate/give focus to WBDock, then right click selecting "Add item", "Move", "Remove" or "Replace". Otherwise just use a text editor to change it's wbdock.config located next to WBDock (currently in WBStartup). The order in the wbdock.config defines the order in of items in the dock.
cyberhead97 is offline  
Old 12 August 2019, 22:21   #343
cyberhead97
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Denmark
Posts: 192
I did a few tests with FS-UAE v3.0.0 today and discovered this didn't work at all. So I spend some time today adding support FS-UAE v3.0.0 and fixed some issues with Read-Only flag set on adf files, which FS-UAE doesn't like. This did also result in more fixes I discovered when testing FS-UAE.

Good news I have started building the self install images for the release
cyberhead97 is offline  
Old 13 August 2019, 13:08   #344
cyberhead97
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Denmark
Posts: 192
HstWB Installer v1.4.0 final is now released at https://hstwb.firstrealize.com with following new downloads available:

HstWB Installer with packages:
  • HstWB Installer v1.4.0 Portable with packages

HstWB Installer without packages:
  • HstWB Installer v1.4.0 Portable without packages

HstWB package and user package installation:
  • HstWB Package Installation v1.4.0
  • HstWB User Package Installation v1.4.0

Prebuild self install images for Amiga's, WinUAE and FS-UAE emulators supporting RDB:
  • 4GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.4.0
  • 8GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.4.0
  • 16GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.4.0
  • 32GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.4.0
  • 64GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.4.0
  • 128GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.4.0

Prebuild self install images for Amiberry, UAE4ARM, UAE4ALL, UAE4ALL2 emulators that doesn't support RDB:
  • UAE4ALL HstWB self install HDF image v1.4.0 (HDF files DH1, DH2, DH3 and DH4 requires surfaces is set to 2. Some Amiga emulators doesn't support this!)
  • UAE4ARM HstWB self install HDF image v1.4.0

v1.4.0 includes following changes compared to v1.3.0:
  • Replaced mount adf with virtual floppy and copy adf to solve object in use errors.
  • Fixed install kickstart rom for install mode.
  • Update package filtering and install packages when changing amiga os dir using install mode.
  • Added Amiga OS 3.1.4.1 installation from adf.
  • Added patch Amiga OS 3.1.4.1 script to enable switching between Kickstart 3.1 and Kickstart 3.1.4.
  • Added Amiga OS 3.1.4.1 update to self install Amiga OS installation menu.
  • Updated run script to copy disk.info to dh1: after package installation is complete.
  • Added help option to glow icons.
  • Added copy alias to use buffer 10 for copy operations.
  • Updated run script to set Kickstart rom for use configuration files.
  • Corrected names for Amiga OS entries.
  • Fixed install glow icons for Amiga OS 3.1.4 with restore option.
  • Added urls as part of hstwb image setup.
  • Added additional Amiga OS 3.1.4 adf md5 checksums.
  • Added FS-UAE 3.0.0 support and remove is read only from Kickstart rom and Amiga OS adf files. This is mostly for HstWB Installer running install mode.
  • Updated hstwb image setup script to write warnings instead of errors and exit and added detect self install image.
  • Updated FS-UAE to write logs in image subdir.

This is the big release for ClassicWB users wanting use it with Amiga OS 3.1.4. All ClassicWB packages comes with support for Amiga OS 3.1.4 and 3.1.4.1 update.

HstWB Installer comes with following ClassicWB packages:
  • ClassicWB 68K.
  • ClassicWB ADV.
  • ClassicWB ADVSP.
  • ClassicWB FULL.
  • ClassicWB GAAE.
  • ClassicWB LITE.
  • ClassicWB OS39.
  • ClassicWB P96.

Now it's about time to give Raspberry Pi some attention as I haven't made a release of HstWB Installer for Amibian users for some time now. I have a working setup for RetroPie, so this will cover both Amibian and Retropie. My plan is to offer modified images with HstWB Installer preconfigured and also have install scripts that can add HstWB Installer to an existing Amibian or RetroPie setup.

Enjoy the updated ClassicWB packages and please report any issues
cyberhead97 is offline  
Old 13 August 2019, 16:03   #345
symbios24
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: greece
Posts: 17
Hi,will the raspberry pi version work in the new raspberry pi 4 ?
also can you add in the bonus pack more emulators like amstrad,atari st. etc
and is it possible to have the bonus pack visible to the menu so it can installed easy?
in version 1.4 its not there i have manual to type getbonuspack in command line to get it.

Last edited by symbios24; 13 August 2019 at 16:45.
symbios24 is offline  
Old 13 August 2019, 17:08   #346
cyberhead97
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Denmark
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by symbios24 View Post
Hi,will the raspberry pi version work in the new raspberry pi 4 ?
also can you add in the bonus pack more emulators like amstrad,atari st. etc
and is it possible to have the bonus pack visible to the menu so it can installed easy?
in version 1.4 its not there i have manual to type getbonuspack in command line to get it.
HstWB Installer just requires an Amiga emulator, so I should be able to run on both Raspberry Pi 3 and 4.

I would prefer to keep HstWB Installer focused on Amiga without much other retro emulator involved. It will be possible to install HstWB Installer on an existing running Raspberry Pi image such as Amibian and RetroPie. Then you could have an image preinstalled with other emulators and bonus packs and install HstWB on top of it
cyberhead97 is offline  
Old 13 August 2019, 18:27   #347
symbios24
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: greece
Posts: 17
Raspberry Pi

they will be instructions to install hstwb installer in Retropie or amibian?
symbios24 is offline  
Old 13 August 2019, 19:06   #348
cyberhead97
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Denmark
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by symbios24 View Post
they will be instructions to install hstwb installer in Retropie or amibian?
Yes for both
cyberhead97 is offline  
Old 14 August 2019, 00:03   #349
enigma776
Bringer of Death

enigma776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: UK
Age: 35
Posts: 94
Which option do I use to make it look like this?

enigma776 is offline  
Old 14 August 2019, 06:17   #350
cyberhead97
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Denmark
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma776 View Post
Which option do I use to make it look like this?

Thats ClassicWB OS39 with Retro theme
cyberhead97 is offline  
Old 14 August 2019, 13:45   #351
enigma776
Bringer of Death

enigma776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: UK
Age: 35
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberhead97 View Post
Thats ClassicWB OS39 with Retro theme
That would explain it, thought it was 3.1.4 gone through building an image 3 times now and always ended up with the ugly looking icons, how come the classicwb icons won't show for 3.1.4?
enigma776 is offline  
Old 16 August 2019, 14:37   #352
frozen
Registered User

 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Italy
Posts: 9
When installing classicwb os39 whit os 3.1.4.1 maybe we need reaction? Because a lot of programs of Run bar wont start at all.
frozen is online now  
Old 17 August 2019, 02:22   #353
thea1ien
Registered User

 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Norfolk, Va USA
Posts: 2
Issue with v1.4.0

I seem to be having an issue with HstWB v1.4.0 using Install mode. It looks like everything completes with the WB and Package installation. However afterwards, if I run either config files for WinUAE or FS-UAE A1200, it will launch but just get a blank screen, with the top menu bar showing "Amiga Workbench". However no icons show up.
Settings which I am using:
Mode: Install
using Image option #6 (8GB), which I create a folder called "amiga image".
Amiga OS: 3.1.4 (with the update to 3.1.4.1)
Amiga Kickstarts: 3.1.4
Packages: BestWB, EAB Demos and Games AGA Menus


When the installer is run, it completes the AmigaOS install, restarts UAE, then installs the packages).
After when I try to run is where I just get the blank workbench screen.

(Update: I've run with no startup-sequence and manually tried to run the commands. I can get up to LoadWB but get "invalid resident library"
thea1ien is offline  
Old 18 August 2019, 10:42   #354
cyberhead97
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Denmark
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by thea1ien View Post
I seem to be having an issue with HstWB v1.4.0 using Install mode. It looks like everything completes with the WB and Package installation. However afterwards, if I run either config files for WinUAE or FS-UAE A1200, it will launch but just get a blank screen, with the top menu bar showing "Amiga Workbench". However no icons show up.
Settings which I am using:
Mode: Install
using Image option #6 (8GB), which I create a folder called "amiga image".
Amiga OS: 3.1.4 (with the update to 3.1.4.1)
Amiga Kickstarts: 3.1.4
Packages: BestWB, EAB Demos and Games AGA Menus


When the installer is run, it completes the AmigaOS install, restarts UAE, then installs the packages).
After when I try to run is where I just get the blank workbench screen.

(Update: I've run with no startup-sequence and manually tried to run the commands. I can get up to LoadWB but get "invalid resident library"
Darn, I thought I had tried all the different combinations. I tried with the same settings as you assuming you use HstWB Installer setup and not a self install image.

When I get to BestWB 1.2 installation, if fails with copy returning code 20, so I will look into this.

The odd part is if I use Kickstart rom v3.1 during installation, it works fine going smoothly through Amiga OS, Kickstart and Packages installation. The image also runs fine afterwards with Kickstart rom v3.1.4.
cyberhead97 is offline  
Old 18 August 2019, 10:44   #355
cyberhead97
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Denmark
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozen View Post
When installing classicwb os39 whit os 3.1.4.1 maybe we need reaction? Because a lot of programs of Run bar wont start at all.
Amiga OS 3.1.4 doesn't contain ReAction as it's only available with Amiga OS 3.9. I must admit I haven't tried many programs through the run menu.

I will look into it to see if I can make it work without ReAction for Amiga OS 3.1.4.
cyberhead97 is offline  
Old 19 August 2019, 17:14   #356
enigma776
Bringer of Death

enigma776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: UK
Age: 35
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberhead97 View Post
Darn, I thought I had tried all the different combinations. I tried with the same settings as you assuming you use HstWB Installer setup and not a self install image.

When I get to BestWB 1.2 installation, if fails with copy returning code 20, so I will look into this.

The odd part is if I use Kickstart rom v3.1 during installation, it works fine going smoothly through Amiga OS, Kickstart and Packages installation. The image also runs fine afterwards with Kickstart rom v3.1.4.
There is no workbench.library in the 3.1.4 roms and needs to be sourced from the disks unlike 3.1 which has workbench.library in rom its the same as the 3.X rom from Cloanto.
enigma776 is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Legal Issues if Sharing RP9 Snapshots? tygre Retrogaming General Discussion 17 18 September 2014 20:04
ImageStudio preinstalled retrogamer request.Apps 5 31 March 2011 05:59
Making cf_ClassicWB_FULL.hdf bigger? emuola project.ClassicWB 3 06 June 2009 00:23
New ruling making retro-archives legal? Bloodwych Retrogaming General Discussion 3 24 November 2006 19:30

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.10508 seconds with 15 queries