English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 14 August 2019, 15:30   #361
jotd
This cat is no more

if they're easy to build, I might be interested to try to do one myself. Keep up the great work. My only work on joypads is to switch button colors so colors match default winuae setting for CD32
Old 15 August 2019, 10:08   #362
Clydos
aka (Cpt)JohnArcher

Sounds great!
Old 16 August 2019, 09:10   #363
Twiggy
\m/

Excellent stuff!
Old 22 September 2019, 14:48   #364
Clamshell

Anything new here? Its interesting if it works with C64
Old 22 September 2019, 19:22   #365
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamshell View Post
Anything new here? Its interesting if it works with C64
Well, I have been meaning to create a new thread for the new version. The design is ready and I have built seven of these now (I will put five of them for sale soon) and they all seem to work fine. They work very well on both my A1200 machines and they seem to work perfectly with Ultimate Body Blows that could have a small issue with my previous design and even the original CD32 gamepad on my CD32.

It's possible to put this new design into an "alternative two button mode" that entirely disables the pull-up resistors to make it fully compatible with the C64, unlike my previous design and the original CD32 gamepad. With a two-button adapter for the C64 that I have made, some games on the C64 will even have two-button functionality. Up and Down on the dpad are also mapped to the green and yellow buttons automatically when switching to the alternative two-button mode.

On a more technical note, the new design fixes an issue with the original Amiga<->CD32 interface (it eliminates brief output high vs. output low on pin 6). This could make it more reliable on some A1200 machines, too early to tell though.
Old 22 September 2019, 22:36   #366
xubidoo

are these avail pre-built? (never used soldering iron in my life) and wouldnt have a clue on building a kit.

Old 23 September 2019, 03:41   #367
lmimmfn

Also would be interested in prebuilt if available?
Old 24 September 2019, 18:47   #368
donnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickGyver View Post
Well, I have been meaning to create a new thread for the new version. The design is ready and I have built seven of these now (I will put five of them for sale soon) and they all seem to work fine. They work very well on both my A1200 machines and they seem to work perfectly with Ultimate Body Blows that could have a small issue with my previous design and even the original CD32 gamepad on my CD32.

It's possible to put this new design into an "alternative two button mode" that entirely disables the pull-up resistors to make it fully compatible with the C64, unlike my previous design and the original CD32 gamepad. With a two-button adapter for the C64 that I have made, some games on the C64 will even have two-button functionality. Up and Down on the dpad are also mapped to the green and yellow buttons automatically when switching to the alternative two-button mode.

On a more technical note, the new design fixes an issue with the original Amiga<->CD32 interface (it eliminates brief output high vs. output low on pin 6). This could make it more reliable on some A1200 machines, too early to tell though.

That is so bad ass.
Old 28 September 2019, 14:27   #369
skyzoo73

I sent a private message because I'm very interested in the assembled gamepad. But no answer. Eventually if it is only a matter of assembling it without the need for welding, I would be equally interested. I hope it includes a guide on how to do it. Thanks.
Old 28 September 2019, 21:33   #370
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyzoo73 View Post
I sent a private message because I'm very interested in the assembled gamepad. But no answer. Eventually if it is only a matter of assembling it without the need for welding, I would be equally interested. I hope it includes a guide on how to do it. Thanks.
I have you on my list. I will contact you when I have an assembled gamepad ready for you.
Old 09 October 2019, 19:29   #371
tooloudtoowide

interested in 2 full kits
Old 15 October 2019, 22:20   #372
CrazyPepsi

it is so cool to hava a new gampad !
Old 16 October 2019, 10:35   #373
dodke

Any chance to buy one (eventually)? Assembled would be nice but kit would do.
Old 19 October 2019, 22:18   #374
AmigaWolf

Quote:

Were is the website you sell your KTRL CD32 on, would like to buy two for my Amiga CD32, and how much do they cost?
Old 24 October 2019, 17:49   #375
macce2
Retro maniac

@MickGyver

I'm very interested in buying one fully assembled joypad!
I posted this, because i got no answer to my post on the other thread on the News section..
Old 25 October 2019, 13:20   #376
Ladjets

@MickGyver
Interested in two assembled units when they are available. Thanks
Old 02 February 2020, 17:38   #377
goolash

HI MickGyver,

I got KTRL32 board rev.2B I actually managed to assemble the pad but I encounter issues with fire. It seems like it was in autofire mode and it is constantly pressed. I already tried to swap R1 to 1K or 2K2 and C9 to 47pF but that did not helped. Not sure what I should do with it :/.
Old 02 February 2020, 18:40   #378
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by goolash View Post
HI MickGyver,

I got KTRL32 board rev.2B I actually managed to assemble the pad but I encounter issues with fire. It seems like it was in autofire mode and it is constantly pressed. I already tried to swap R1 to 1K or 2K2 and C9 to 47pF but that did not helped. Not sure what I should do with it :/.
I'm guessing a soldering error. You can send it to me and I will have a look at it. I have a newer version out (KTRL CD32+), I can swap out the PCB with the new version. I will send you a PM!
Old 10 February 2020, 12:03   #379
goolash

Quote:
I'm guessing a soldering error. You can send it to me and I will have a look at it. I have a newer version out (KTRL CD32+), I can swap out the PCB with the new version. I will send you a PM!
I just realized I have mounted the wrong buffer on all my builds so that ist most likely the issue, I just ordered new ones, if I'lll have any more questions I'll PM you, thank you very much for your response !
Old 28 August 2020, 20:16   #380
walterg74

How much are these? Do you ship globally?