English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 11 November 2002, 23:14   #21
NytroX86

Don't you just love the realism in Amiga games. Like in Theme Park when your punters get stuck in your park......wait a minute since when did people get stuck on a patch of grass!? I used to hate having to demolish parts of my car and water ride tracks to get out some little brat who shouldn't be able to get there in the first place. It was even worse when there was a clear way out and the little beggars refused to take it . Still the A1200 version of Theme Park with the cool shop graphics was Great .

Old 12 November 2002, 04:57   #22
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally posted by Overdoc
This missing savegame or password feature is also a pain in Mr. Nutz
Huh?
You CAN save in Mr. Nutz! What have you been playing Overdoc!?

BTW saving makes that game fecking easy!

And Zool 2... it's the same as in the Sonic games for the Megadrive for example... You can't save, but time after time of gameplay you get to MASTER the game and flip it over. I find this cool, it helps you get better at games. I can get through Sonic 2 in one go with little loss of lives and I'm crap at games!
Old 12 November 2002, 07:20   #23
Drake1009

I prefer knowing the save games are there. Not that I use them excessively like many people I know do but they're still nice if you don't have the time to go through a game in one sitting and playing the same level over and over gets a bit repetitive if you never make it past a certain part.
Old 12 November 2002, 19:34   #24
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

Hmm, must have missed that savegame feature in Mr. Nutz...
But that makes the game interesting I think I will give it a try again soon
Also took me years to find the savegame feature in Wrath of the Demon ! That's the punishment for having cracks and not originals with instructions....

If there exists a savegame feature in a game then I nearly always use it. Otherwise I couldn't have finished lots of games.

But what I never do is freezing games with action replay before e.g. a difficult point in the game and then try again and again until you make it. This is boring cheating, imho. It is exactly this what makes modern games like e.g. Tombraider so very easy, because you can save everytime, everwhere
Old 12 November 2002, 21:20   #25
Amiga1992

Quote:
Hmm, must have missed that savegame feature in Mr. Nutz...
But that makes the game interesting I think I will give it a try again soon
You need a Star to save a game. You get a Star by grabbing 100+ jewels in a lavel!

After you get your Star get your ass to one of the red teleports. They will save your game in exchange for your Star!
Old 12 November 2002, 23:59   #26
oldpx

Quote:
It's a physics term. In Project X, it's when the sprite doesn't come to a complete stop immediately, but rather decelerates to a halt.
That was a nice dictionary explanation. The thread grew large since I've last visited. I gotta be more active methinks.

Old 13 November 2002, 00:49   #27
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally posted by Burseg
The thread grew large since I've last visited. I gotta be more active methinks.
You know what to do!
*points at GF*
Old 14 November 2002, 09:20   #28
Tim Janssen

Thumbs down Introscreens

The feature I hate most is the number of screens and intros it takes before one can actually play a game.
Desert Strike takes the biscuit: after the helicopter intromusic, animated intro, menu-screen, mission-objectives and the dreary loading music one can finally start the game. At that point I have forgotten what game I am playing!
Old 14 November 2002, 19:04   #29
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

Another one:

Games that won't start by pressing fire or left mouse button, but which have to be started by pressing some obscure key on the keyboard.
This is really annoying and must have been programmed by total dickheads.
Old 14 November 2002, 19:36   #30
Amiga1992

Quote:
Games that won't start by pressing fire or left mouse button, but which have to be started by pressing some obscure key on the keyboard.
This is really annoying and must have been programmed by total dickheads.
You wouldn't have a problem if you owned the original game's manual
Old 15 November 2002, 18:47   #31
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

I know, I know - shame on me !
Only a hand full of originals that came with some hardware I got within the last years, but never had a single original back in the days ! On the other hand hundreds of disks with 'security backups'
But I am glad that collections like LSD docs exist, so I can finally understand the task of some games where I was completely lost back then