English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 23 November 2004, 13:25   #1
ajoh198

Are there any cover cd collections out there?

I have a load of cover cds from amiga format and cu amiga, I haven't noticed them online anywhere so I was wondering if I would be posting something new by ripping them and uploading them.

If there is a collection already could you tell me where so I can see if I have anything that's missing. If not then let me know if you're interested and I'll post them, slowly and probably to a.b.emu.misc/amiga.

I've also got a few old manuals and game boxes - is there anywhere I could send these that people would be interested?

Sorry if there are websites out there that I should know about for this but I've only just rediscovered winuae!!

Last edited by ajoh198; 23 November 2004 at 13:37.

Old 23 November 2004, 15:22   #2
Paul
RIP Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajoh198
If there is a collection already could you tell me where so I can see if I have anything that's missing.
I only know of these two:
http://amigacoverdisks.emuunlim.com/
http://nthdimension.emuunlim.com/

but it look like these sites are no longer being updated.

Edit: DOH! Sorry did not read your post properly. Cover CDs not floppies.

Last edited by Paul; 23 November 2004 at 15:32.
Old 23 November 2004, 16:22   #3
ajoh198

Thanks, I'll start pestering TOSEC!! I'll drop a post here when I upload them in case anyone is interested...

Old 23 November 2004, 18:46   #4
lloyd
Mehh :D

I have lots of these CDs too - would love to see what I missed tho. Sounds a good idea to me!
Old 23 November 2004, 20:21   #5
oldpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd
I have lots of these CDs too - would love to see what I missed tho. Sounds a good idea to me!
This is how it happened to all of us

Old 23 November 2004, 22:03   #6
lloyd

I didn't lose interest or anything, just took me a while to get around to reading the magazines and looking at the CDs, next thing I know I'm a few months behind. I was working nights at the time you see......
Old 25 November 2004, 12:07   #7
ajoh198

I'm working my way through ripping them all, it's going to be a mission to rar and par them all.

Does anyone know of a news poster that let's me limit my upload speed, otherwise it kills by download speed, it's been a while since I used powerpost.

Here's the list of ones I've got:
Amiga Format: 1, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 12, 17, 18, 21, 22, 29, 33, 34

CU Amiga: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 26, 27

I've also got UPD Gold pd collection 4 discs, Network cd 2, CD Exchange vol. 1, BCI Net Dec 94 & ape/my 05, Oh yes more worms and AGA Experience - have any of these been released already as it'll save me the hassle.

Old 25 November 2004, 17:59   #8
lloyd

Some of the commercial stuff you mention is available from:
http://ftp.back2roots.org/back2roots/cds/
but they dont have any of the AF and CU Amiga stuff you have. Do you have the August 96 CD/floppy? One of the very few I missed.....
Old 25 November 2004, 18:03   #9
BippyM
Global Moderator

I have a full colelction of AF cd images on the FTP, I miss quite a few CUAmiga

If you want an acc to leech/upload just pm me!
Old 25 November 2004, 18:17   #10
Duke
HOL-Team

Send a message via ICQ to Duke
I have attached the current TOSEC datfile for Amiga coverdiscs. Anything thats not in it is basicly missing.
Old 25 November 2004, 18:49   #11
[idoru]

BTW BippyM, I've forgotten which AF's you were going to re-rip from the original discs now to verify some of those I did I'll try and find the list, but the dat should show you which (ie. those not there, those without [!]) if you're still up for doing them
Old 25 November 2004, 19:11   #12
BippyM
Global Moderator

Yeah sure, I'll still have my logs so will check when I get 5 mins

Sorry I completely forgot!!
Old 25 November 2004, 19:43   #13
ajoh198

Bippym: Thanks for the offer, I'll take you up on that sometime when I've ripped & sorted my collection. Are the AF coverdiscs publicly available, if not I'll post my rips up to the newsgroups so anyyone can grab copies, or are they your private collection?

I've checked the TOSEC dat and I've got AFCD3 (but see below ) and 10 or so CUCD discs that aren't listed I've just started ripping the first of these and will try and get it uploaded to ab.emulators.misc and a.b.e.amiga tonight before I start drinking. I'd welcome any comments on that if anyone has any probs.

I can uplaod it to your ftp at a later date BippyM if you aren't able to get it from the newsgroups, I'd rather release it this way as one upload from me (at a SLOOOW 20kbs) will let anyone whose interested get the files.

Idoru: I'm not sure whether the [!] is good or bad, could you let me know as if there are bad rips of some of the files I've got then I can upload them as well.

lloyd: I've got the AF August 96 cd, but I tried to rip it yesterday and it wouldn't rip!! I'll try again on other computers/drives to see if I can get it sorted

I think that covers everythimg!!

Old 25 November 2004, 20:11   #14
ajoh198

As for AFCD3 (Aug 96) I'm getting a lot of read errors when using alcohol to rip it, can anyone recommend a good program to use to rip it?

Old 25 November 2004, 20:19   #15
Duke
HOL-Team

Send a message via ICQ to Duke
CDRWin from Goldenhawk is very reliable.

Best would be if you use this guide to rip your discs: http://www.redump.de/guide.html
Old 25 November 2004, 20:22   #16
BippyM
Global Moderator

The complete AFCD set is available to all with an FTP acc for my ftp!!
Old 25 November 2004, 20:25   #17
ajoh198

Cheers Duke, I'll do that next cd I rip!!

In the meantime CUCD3 is going up to the newsgroups I mentioned earlier if anyone's interested. It's a bin/cue file already, bit of lucj that. If there are any problems though just let me know here. I also stuck scans of the inlay in as well, they're photoshop files (to keep quality) if people would prefer jpgs etc lmk.

Old 25 November 2004, 20:26   #18
ajoh198

bippym: I didn't realise that sorry - will you be alright grabbing of the ngs? I can upload to your ftp as well tomorrow if you want.

Old 25 November 2004, 22:17   #19
lloyd

Rippers etc. I use Nero Ultra. Tell it to do a CD copy, name the image file whatever the Cd is (EMC Phase1.nrg for example), tell Nero NOT to erase the image file and then tell it to write. It rips the image to the specified drive, then asks for a blank CD. At this point, you cancel the burn, rar the image file and Robert is your Father's brother!! Works every time, unless the Cd is buggered in some way.

Question for ya - does anybody know of an Ami file system that READS Joliet CDs made on a PC? Maybe I should post a new thread......
Old 25 November 2004, 23:28   #20
[idoru]

As for some of the CD's not in the dat yet, those are probably ones with audio tracks that I didn't bother doing yet as there wasn't another copy to verify against...but if someone else is doing them I can go back and rip the rest

I've got all the AF's & missing 2 CU's only atm.

BTW BippyM...if you and anti etc are still gonna redo the WHDload dat when subdir support is available...it is Bogy just released a ClrMamePro with it enabled and TIM is still on schedule (with it working in a beta ) for release soon.