English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware mods

Old 05 June 2015, 01:30   #41
kipper2k

One thought i am having is making a dual floppy emulator, with 2 usb sticks and have df0 and df1: but i digress... I'm having a hard time finding time lol
AdSense AdSense  
Old 26 June 2015, 00:41   #42
kipper2k

All done !!

here are some pictures of the completed boards...

first picture shows the method of securing the display board to the case, this method is also used for the A600 and a1200. The screw mounts are hot glued to the inside of the case and can be removed relatively easy should you want to

the next picture shows the internal floppy emulator in the A500. the display board on the right is connected to it by a 10 pin ribbon cable.

On the left side of the case is a work in progress with the 16 x 2 LCD display... I chose that location so it would not interfere with any addon boards that may appear for the Amigas and also allow the reinstallation of an original floppy drive if so desired.

Next picture shows the closed A500 with both an internal floppy emulator and an external emulator attached as DF1:. The Internal floppy emulator has been programmed with Jeffs HXC firmware (very impressive)...

Next picture shows the LCD display i installed in the Amiga. The internal (and external) emulator has the 4 pin header required to enable the LCD display (resistors already installed on the emulator board). At present if you want to use the LCD display then the LED display at the floppy port would need to be disabled (I have a cable for that The buttons on the board in the floppy port control the up/down selection of the LCD display + other functions that are used by HXC

as you can see by the plate, i have designed it so that the USB stick and both buttons will be placed with the LCD display. (obviously the best USB stick to use will be the nice small sticks that won't stick up too much). This option will not be available for a few weeks, depending on how busy i am.

Obviously the case will need cutting but the plate will hide any mistakes you make so it is not that hard to do.

The emulator boards can disable audio for those that dont want it. and the boards are fully programmable by the enduser should they wish, or have them preprogrammed by me.

The cases themselves are PLA printed on my printer, the quality is soso, so dont expect anything too polished. If there is a demand for the LCD display plate then i will consider getting them professionally done providing the cost justifies it.

Last edited by kipper2k; 26 June 2015 at 00:55.
Old 26 June 2015, 02:50   #43
Vot

Gotek - Revisited

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
All done !!

here are some pictures of the completed boards...

first picture shows the method of securing the display board to the case, this method is also used for the A600 and a1200. The screw mounts are hot glued to the inside of the case and can be removed relatively easy should you want to

the next picture shows the internal floppy emulator in the A500. the display board on the right is connected to it by a 10 pin ribbon cable.

On the left side of the case is a work in progress with the 16 x 2 LCD display... I chose that location so it would not interfere with any addon boards that may appear for the Amigas and also allow the reinstallation of an original floppy drive if so desired.

Next picture shows the closed A500 with both an internal floppy emulator and an external emulator attached as DF1:. The Internal floppy emulator has been programmed with Jeffs HXC firmware (very impressive)...

Next picture shows the LCD display i installed in the Amiga. The internal (and external) emulator has the 4 pin header required to enable the LCD display (resistors already installed on the emulator board). At present if you want to use the LCD display then the LED display at the floppy port would need to be disabled (I have a cable for that The buttons on the board in the floppy port control the up/down selection of the LCD display + other functions that are used by HXC

as you can see by the plate, i have designed it so that the USB stick and both buttons will be placed with the LCD display. (obviously the best USB stick to use will be the nice small sticks that won't stick up too much). This option will not be available for a few weeks, depending on how busy i am.

Obviously the case will need cutting but the plate will hide any mistakes you make so it is not that hard to do.

The emulator boards can disable audio for those that dont want it. and the boards are fully programmable by the enduser should they wish, or have them preprogrammed by me.

The cases themselves are PLA printed on my printer, the quality is soso, so dont expect anything too polished. If there is a demand for the LCD display plate then i will consider getting them professionally done providing the cost justifies it.

Tried a fine sand (800-1200 wet and dry) and acetone vapour on the cases ?
Old 26 June 2015, 04:19   #44
Audronic

@ kipper2k

Well done.

Thanks Ray
Old 26 June 2015, 09:28   #45
DonAmiga

Well done kipper I can see your external DF1 will be great for my cdtv!
Old 26 June 2015, 14:49   #46
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vot View Post
Tried a fine sand (800-1200 wet and dry) and acetone vapour on the cases ?
Acetone will only work with ABS, doesnt really have any affect on PLA
Old 26 June 2015, 14:53   #47
Vot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
Acetone will only work with ABS, doesnt really have any affect on PLA

Woops pla... I think a mate uses Ethyl Acetate on pla. But most of the solvents are pretty toxic that work well with pla.
AdSense AdSense